The Liverpool Thread

We really had Gakpo playing in midfield smh. I know he's versatile but the constant moving him around last season defo killed his confidence and when he had an extended run on the left towards the end he showed his talents.

Talking the Dutch …..

Great to see him have a much better game yesterday. But some of the P poor analysis/ x nonsense on Virgil this tournament has been laughable. As you well know, he was back to his dominant, very best last season. Arguably only Saliba was in the discussion with hm for the PL’s top CH again. Then you flip to this tournament, where not only do we know Koeman’s limitations, but the Dutch lost both de Jong and Koopmeiners pre-tournament to injury. 2 key players right there. They basically have zero defensive cover in the middle for the defence and are easy to play through as Koeman hasn’t adjusted.

But far be it for gobshite pundits and x virgins to add actual context. 🙄🤦‍♂️

All the best to them Wednesday. They were my pre-tournament pick outside of Germany. In with Oranje all the way!

Last edited:
Romano really is a ****wit putting this out and not letting Thiago or his team announce it. 🤬

Proper sad to read that no other set of supporters will get to experience the absolute, God blessed genius of that man like we had in the last stop of his stellar career.

All the best mate in whatever direction life takes you next.

Romano really is a ****wit putting this out and not letting Thiago or his team announce it. 🤬

Proper sad to read that no other set of supporters will get to experience the absolute, God blessed genius of that man like we had in the last stop of his stellar career.

All the best mate in whatever direction life takes you next.
Apart from ****-poor takes from people pinning the blame on him in his first season when truth be told the whole team was in band-aid mode and he helped along with Naldini carry us to the top 4, he was imperious for us whenever he played. Honestly, on talent alone, he is up there with Kross, Modric etc, and the other top-tier midfielders of his generation. He just didn't have the body to play a full season of PL football at his age. Apart from Alonso and Gerrard, he is probably the best midfielder I've seen don the shirt for us in my lifetime.

Edit: These ones for you @Theatre of Dreams83 and yes Im petty enough to remember your comments that the PL was too much for Thiago in his first season. :sneaky:

Last edited:

What a superb goodbye message. Love that. That man GETS IT!

Big loss and hole to fill on the training field and in the changies. By all accounts, he was one fo the best at keeping everyone's spirits up and setting the tone, day in, day out. Thank you, Adrian, for the last 5 years dedication to the cause. We don't end our 30-year league title drought without your efforts at the start of that season when Alisson was out injured. Which included playing a part in doubling down on being the best team in Europe with the Super Cup triumph. You can justifiably pat yourself on the back for the part you played in our goal.

And I'm not jealous at all that you now get to go home to the best City in the wonderful Country of Spain bar none. To have your career go full circle and end up back at your boyhood club Betis must be perfect.

All the best in your future endeavours.

Probably a ban for Darwin due to the aftermath of the Copa semis. That security guard probably saved him because if that chair went into the crowd that would've been a long day for Darwin.

Probably a ban for Darwin due to the aftermath of the Copa semis. That security guard probably saved him because if that chair went into the crowd that would've been a long day for Darwin.
Yep he’s in the **** big time. Fine and I will be shocked if he’s gets anything less than a 5/8 game ban most likely more. Players have been banned for months for similar incidents

Last edited:
Most likely frustrated at the sitters he missed 🤣 all that’s missing is some Street Fighter music. Even more funny he goes in like he’s some professional boxer with his hands up then still gets hit by the slowest punch coming 😕🤣

1720699028740.png

Joking aside …..

International ban at worst you’d imagine. Uruguay won’t do anything as they were protecting their family and kids. (I’d be windmilling every F if my kids were in the middle of that.). FIFA on the other hand …..

Colombia want ******* for that.

Is right Bielsa and Uruguay. You’d expect nothing less than full backing from any coach/ club/ Country when their players families safety was at risk.

CONMEBAL should be sanctioning Colombia and asking serious questions of both the US authorities. And themselves as to why they took a South American tournament to the US to begin with?

Boss that, again, from Bielsa. Congrats Darwin and Uruguay on a super tournament. Pity it wasn't the final tonight. But taking the bronze medal, their highest tournament finish in their last 10 since they last won the Copa in 2011, is great progress.

Great start to the weekend. Now for two other Spanish speaking Countries to make it a perfect Sunday. 'Vamos Argentina' in the Copa final. And'Vamos España' in the Euros final. And if Alcaraz can complete the set (pun intended) at SW19 that would be great too.