The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Oh i didnt know anything about his attitude. Just seen him play once or twice. God knows we could do without any players thinking there bigger than the club.

Oh i didnt know anything about his attitude. Just seen him play once or twice. God knows we could do without any players thinking there bigger than the club.

then he is definitely not a player for liverpool

Wouldn't want Taarabt and I know for a fact Kenny wouldn't either. Poor attitude.

I'd force myself to make a comment about Warnock which doesn't involve a smattering of abuse if he took Cole to QPR without asking us to subsidise his wages. It wouldn't be favourable mind, but I'd lay off the swearing and references to 'whinging', 'hypocritical', 'moronic' and 'bitter'. Wish Henchoz would have chinned the miserable tw*t.

Yeah it would be interesting to see alright. :)

---------- Post added 12/05/2011 at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was 11/05/2011 at 10:07 PM ----------

Great news to see Kenny and Steve Clarke sign their 3 year contracts today. I know most expected it but at least it will end any other speculation about the matter. The futures looking bright :)

More good news as QPR have been linked with Joe Cole,would be great to get him off the wage bill. Would be nice to see Taarabt come in our direction too :)

Sorry mate, I have to disagree with you on this one. Kenny puts a lot of emphasis on a player's character when looking at potential signings. Will he rock the boat ? Is he a team player ? More importantly still - is he a 'Liverpool' player ? I don't think Taarabt is the positive answer to any of these questions. Remember Djouff & to a lesser extent, Bellamy ?

You can have skill, flair and team spirit if you search hard enough. Look no further than Luis Suarez for a prime example; we want more players in that show his commitment to the cause.

Sorry mate, I have to disagree with you on this one. Kenny puts a lot of emphasis on a player's character when looking at potential signings. Will he rock the boat ? Is he a team player ? More importantly still - is he a 'Liverpool' player ? I don't think Taarabt is the positive answer to any of these questions. Remember Djouff & to a lesser extent, Bellamy ?

You can have skill, flair and team spirit if you search hard enough. Look no further than Luis Suarez for a prime example; we want more players in that show his commitment to the cause.

As much as I hate to say it, one could argue that both Suarez and Carroll were signings with a risk of "rocking the boat". Suarez bit a man in Eredivise, and we all know what Carroll has done in the past.

However, it seems these risks have both payed off, as their conduct has been outstanding so far while at LFC :)

As much as I hate to say it, one could argue that both Suarez and Carroll were signings with a risk of "rocking the boat". Suarez bit a man in Eredivise, and we all know what Carroll has done in the past.

However, it seems these risks have both payed off, as their conduct has been outstanding so far while at LFC :)

Maybe Kenny saw something in them that we couldn't see. Actually I'd quite forgotton about AC's high jinx when he was with the Bar Codes. I was thinking however about LS's ear-biting incident but assumed that this was a one off as he was provoked.

Last edited:
Maybe Kenny saw something in them that we can't see. Actually I'd quite forgotton about AC's high jinx when he was with the Bar Codes. I was thinking however about LS's ear-biting incident but assumed that this was a one off as he was provoked.

He was provoked...

So he bit someone on the ear? XD

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

On a serious note -- really hope Liverpool break into the Top Four/make a title challenge as soon as possible. Always had a soft spot for them for some reason (perhaps because of their European Exploits and being Utd's rivals?).

I'm still slightly cautious about Dalglish. He's done brilliantly this season, without doubt but the fact he's spent 10 years out of the game just sticks in my mind. Good luck to him and LFC though.

I wouldn't take Taarabt if I were you. He needs to be handled with baby mittens. Warnock had to make him captain and allow him free reign of just about anywhere in the attacking third to get consistently good performances out of him. His attitude is a bit dodgy, really.
Yup, never passing, thinking he is Messi/God. Good player, not good enough for us though, I don't think. Poor attitude, Dave Jones even said he was the worst player on the pitch against Cardiff - see here.

"He did nothing but score two goals, absolutely nothing," Jones added.

"He's a good player and the sign of a good player is when you don't do anything and pop up with two goals... if anything, out of the 22 players out there I thought he was the poorest on show."

I want Kevin Gameiro, Fabio Coentrao, Xabi Alonso back, Juan Mata and maybe Hulk this summer (Hulk as RMF).

I think King Kenny will get us into 3rd/2nd place this summer, but we have to be careful of Man City, they will be dangerous after another summer of spending.

I like your speculated signings Paul. I think its too early to speculate where we finish next season as everybody will be strenghtning there squads. Top 4 is a priority and if we start well and still around the top near january then we can see about a title challenge. :)

He was provoked...

So he bit someone on the ear? XD

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

On a serious note -- really hope Liverpool break into the Top Four/make a title challenge as soon as possible. Always had a soft spot for them for some reason (perhaps because of their European Exploits and being Utd's rivals?).

I'm still slightly cautious about Dalglish. He's done brilliantly this season, without doubt but the fact he's spent 10 years out of the game just sticks in my mind. Good luck to him and LFC though.

But he hasn't, he's been at the club for three years and watches/knows all level of football.

Yup, never passing, thinking he is Messi/God. Good player, not good enough for us though, I don't think. Poor attitude, Dave Jones even said he was the worst player on the pitch against Cardiff - see here.

"He's a good player and the sign of a good player is when you don't do anything and pop up with two goals... if anything, out of the 22 players out there I thought he was the poorest on show."

I want Kevin Gameiro, Fabio Coentrao, Xabi Alonso back, Juan Mata and maybe Hulk this summer (Hulk as RMF).

I think King Kenny will get us into 3rd/2nd place this summer, but we have to be careful of Man City, they will be dangerous after another summer of spending.

I agree totally with your conclusions about Taarbat.

Re Hulk though: he plays more of a striking role alongside Falcao(excellent player) than on the wing for Porto. Not sure about his ability to play as a conventional winger, which is what we really need. Young can switch between the wing & forward positions for sure, but he's not my most favourite player in the world. I'd really like us to have a similarly flexible player to Young in our sights - only better.

I agree totally with your conclusions about Taarbat.

Re Hulk though: he plays more of a striking role alongside Falcao(excellent player) than on the wing for Porto. Not sure about his ability to play as a conventional winger, which is what we really need. Young can switch between the wing & forward positions for sure, but he's not my most favourite player in the world. I'd really like us to have a similarly flexible player to Young in our sights - only better.

Despite being drunk i kinda agree with you. Hulk isnt a winger. He cant cross.more of an inside winger in my opinion. We need somebody that can provide killer balls and young cant do that. Need somebody like Mata or MArin who we were linked with today aswell as there conventional wingers. Hulk is ideally a secod striker.

Apoloigies for my spelling as im on the sauce tonight so will correct any mistakes tomorrow(afternoon/evening) :)

Despite being drunk i kinda agree with you. Hulk isnt a winger. He cant cross.more of an inside winger in my opinion. We need somebody that can provide killer balls and young cant do that. Need somebody like Mata or MArin who we were linked with today aswell as there conventional wingers. Hulk is ideally a secod striker.

Apoloigies for my spelling as im on the sauce tonight so will correct any mistakes tomorrow(afternoon/evening) :)

Aah.. at least i'm not the only one drunk here :P

But even though he isn't a conventional winger, he would still be a great signing imo. Althoigh very expensive, as i dont believe Porto are willing to let him go. I've never really liked Marin. He's a good player, but i can't picture him at Liverpool. I'd love to see Mata, he' can deliver killer balls, as you so neatly put it. Tbh id prefer Mata over Young anyday. But we could still use an extra Striker, as Caroll isn't gonna stay fit the whole season through.

Aah.. at least i'm not the only one drunk here :P

But even though he isn't a conventional winger, he would still be a great signing imo. Althoigh very expensive, as i dont believe Porto are willing to let him go. I've never really liked Marin. He's a good player, but i can't picture him at Liverpool. I'd love to see Mata, he' can deliver killer balls, as you so neatly put it. Tbh id prefer Mata over Young anyday. But we could still use an extra Striker, as Caroll isn't gonna stay fit the whole season through.

And that where Hulk could fit in? Striker and AMR...? He is a qualiy player but from what i heard he could be available for between 10-15M which wouldnt be too bad :) Glad to know im not the only drunk mate. add my facebook or msn(pref facebook) as we have a bit of banter, [email protected] :P Glad im not the only one that doesnt want young :)

Lol - well honesty is always the best policy. Hope you toasted KK's health & continued prosperity.

Imagine a player with Young's ability to switch between the wing and forward positions and be creative too. Now he would be worth breaking the bank for.

Mata for me rather than Young, but it's up to Kenny.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...am-luis-suarez

Harry Redknapp has revealed that he considered signing Luis Suárez in January but opted against making a bid after being told by scouts that the Uruguayan was not up to the grade.

Redknapp's tantalising disclosure will set Tottenham Hotspur supporters wondering what might have been, as Suárez went on to sign for Liverpool and become a major factor in that club's reinvigoration, while Spurs' attempt to qualify for the Champions League fizzled out largely because of their inability to turn possession into goals.

Suárez will be seeking to show Spurs what they missed on Sunday, as Liverpool meet Redknapp's team at Anfield in a match that could determine which of the sides finishes fifth. Redknapp said he dispatched numerous scouts to watch Suárez at Ajax before Liverpool paid £22.8m for him but was informed that the player was not adept at leading the line and was too similar to Rafael van der Vaart, for whom Spurs were seeking a partner rather than a replacement. Ultimately Spurs made failed offers for others strikers, including Fernando Llorente and Villarreal's Giuseppe Rossi. "We kept looking at [Suárez] but people thought he couldn't play up as a striker," said Redknapp.

"They said he's like Rafa [van der Vaart] and you can't have him and Rafa or you'd have two players who want to drop deep, so that was the problem. We were looking for someone to play up front with Rafa. People said he couldn't do that, he drifts and comes deep. But he played up front on his own the other night [against Fulham on Monday] and he was fantastic."

Not only has Suárez created many chances for team-mates since his arrival at Anfield, but in his 11 league appearances he has also scored four goals – the same as Spurs' Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe have each managed in the league all season.

Some scouting system there...

I'm sorry but Dave Jones is a miserable **** who can't take the blame for anything so has to blame anything/anyone else for his or his teams performance.

But anyway please take taarabt, I honestly don't want him in the PL, he's always trying to go for the harder option and is terrible in half the games he plays (although often brilliant in the others) although the Cardiff game was not one of those, i felt that was a good performance. Although I would only sell him for 15M + because we only get half the fee if we sell him.

True, but a Hulk - Carroll - Suarez partnership would be unstoppable. And Hulk is kinda versatile too. I forgot about Marko Marin, good player.

Lol - well honesty is always the best policy. Hope you toasted KK's health & continued prosperity.

Imagine a player with Young's ability to switch between the wing and forward positions and be creative too. Now he would be worth breaking the bank for.

Mata for me rather than Young, but it's up to Kenny.
David Silva can be like that, but too bad City snapped him up :(. He was pretty cheap as well, for £25m. Or wait...we could get Jurado ;)!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...am-luis-suarez

Harry Redknapp has revealed that he considered signing Luis Suárez in January but opted against making a bid after being told by scouts that the Uruguayan was not up to the grade.

Redknapp's tantalising disclosure will set Tottenham Hotspur supporters wondering what might have been, as Suárez went on to sign for Liverpool and become a major factor in that club's reinvigoration, while Spurs' attempt to qualify for the Champions League fizzled out largely because of their inability to turn possession into goals.

Suárez will be seeking to show Spurs what they missed on Sunday, as Liverpool meet Redknapp's team at Anfield in a match that could determine which of the sides finishes fifth. Redknapp said he dispatched numerous scouts to watch Suárez at Ajax before Liverpool paid £22.8m for him but was informed that the player was not adept at leading the line and was too similar to Rafael van der Vaart, for whom Spurs were seeking a partner rather than a replacement. Ultimately Spurs made failed offers for others strikers, including Fernando Llorente and Villarreal's Giuseppe Rossi. "We kept looking at [Suárez] but people thought he couldn't play up as a striker," said Redknapp.

"They said he's like Rafa [van der Vaart] and you can't have him and Rafa or you'd have two players who want to drop deep, so that was the problem. We were looking for someone to play up front with Rafa. People said he couldn't do that, he drifts and comes deep. But he played up front on his own the other night [against Fulham on Monday] and he was fantastic."

Not only has Suárez created many chances for team-mates since his arrival at Anfield, but in his 11 league appearances he has also scored four goals – the same as Spurs' Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe have each managed in the league all season.

Some scouting system there...
Serves them right for getting rid of Comolli :P. You can get Suarez off us if you want...

For his value, £150m ;)!

Back