The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I'm sorry but Dave Jones is a miserable **** who can't take the blame for anything so has to blame anything/anyone else for his or his teams performance.

But anyway please take taarabt, I honestly don't want him in the PL, he's always trying to go for the harder option and is terrible in half the games he plays (although often brilliant in the others) although the Cardiff game was not one of those, i felt that was a good performance. Although I would only sell him for 15M + because we only get half the fee if we sell him.

Pahaaha - you won't get £15m for an unproven (in the PL), inconsistent and largely selfish Championship striker who thinks he's bigger than the club. ESPECIALLY not to Liverpool.

And that where Hulk could fit in? Striker and AMR...? He is a qualiy player but from what i heard he could be available for between 10-15M which wouldnt be too bad :) Glad to know im not the only drunk mate. add my facebook or msn(pref facebook) as we have a bit of banter, [email protected] :P Glad im not the only one that doesnt want young :)

Haha, sorry was just heading out again yesterday. Had to restock . Now i've got the biggest hangover :P

On topic: Yeah, Hulk would fit in well there BUT, i can't see a player with his quality sit on the bench. If we happen to get him, we should play a 4-3-3 or something similar, because i can't see neither Suarez, Carroll or Hulk being a bench warmer.

Just read this as a potential chant for Lucas Leiva, created at the King's request, to the tune of "We Will Rock You"

Buddy you're a red man, hard man, playing in our team, gonna be the best man one day
You've got a smile on your face, a tackling ace, spraying through balls all over the place,
Singing LUCAAASS LUCAAASS LEIVAAA, close 'em down, LUCAAASS LUCAAASS LEIVAAA!

Spread it round, would love to hear this ringing out around the Kop on Sunday! :D

Haha, sorry was just heading out again yesterday. Had to restock . Now i've got the biggest hangover :P

On topic: Yeah, Hulk would fit in well there BUT, i can't see a player with his quality sit on the bench. If we happen to get him, we should play a 4-3-3 or something similar, because i can't see neither Suarez, Carroll or Hulk being a bench warmer.

If I was a Liverpool fan, I would want Young rather than Hulk to be fair. Not that he's a better player - he's not, just if Liverpool spent £35m on a big targetman in Carroll, you need quality supply for him down the wings. Young's crossing is great from either wing, whereas Hulk's game is more cutting in from the right side and using his pace and power to get in behind defenses.

I read somewhere yesterday that Hulk would only consider an English club challenging for the title, so I guess that rules out the likes of Liverpool and Spurs? Also heard that he signed a contract extension so I don't really know what will happen this summer. Young and/or Marin would benefit 'Pool more in my opinion.

If I was a Liverpool fan, I would want Young rather than Hulk to be fair. Not that he's a better player - he's not, just if Liverpool spent £35m on a big targetman in Carroll, you need quality supply for him down the wings. Young's crossing is great from either wing, whereas Hulk's game is more cutting in from the right side and using his pace and power to get in behind defenses.

I read somewhere yesterday that Hulk would only consider an English club challenging for the title, so I guess that rules out the likes of Liverpool and Spurs? Also heard that he signed a contract extension so I don't really know what will happen this summer. Young and/or Marin would benefit 'Pool more in my opinion.

Young's not a very good crosser though, I'd prefer someone in the mold of Milner.

Hulk open to Barclays Premier League move

Tottenham transfer target Hulk has opened the door for a move to the Premier League, but he will only come to a club challenging for the league title, according to an interview with GloboEsporte in his native Brazil.

Full story here: Hulk open to Barclays Premier League move - Liverpool FC

Pahaaha - you won't get £15m for an unproven (in the PL), inconsistent and largely selfish Championship striker who thinks he's bigger than the club. ESPECIALLY not to Liverpool.

Yes but I don't want to get less than 15M (7.5M) for someone who was a huge force in us winning title, hes not worth that much but spending is ridiculous nowadays, Carroll was 35M so in comparison, Carroll got 17 goals in Championship last season, Taarabt got 19 goals and 19 assists + hes not a striker, I reckon we could get 15M from some fool.

Young's an excellent crosser? Well, when he's in the mood for it anyway. ;)

And as you said before in the thread,he has been fairly off form the past 18 months... Looks to me like another Torres, hit his peak too soon and is burning out. No doubt Kenny could get the best out of him but there are better options on the continent. :)

As for Hulk,he may be open to a move as he is still young and will see us as a side that could challenge for a lot of trophies in the next few years. For the prices being quoted we would be stupid not to make an enquiry. :)

And as you said before in the thread,he has been fairly off form the past 18 months... Looks to me like another Torres, hit his peak too soon and is burning out. No doubt Kenny could get the best out of him but there are better options on the continent. :)

As for Hulk,he may be open to a move as he is still young and will see us as a side that could challenge for a lot of trophies in the next few years. For the prices being quoted we would be stupid not to make an enquiry. :)

No doubt. Don't know whether he hit his peak too soon, just think halfway through last season he realised Villa weren't going anywhere and wanted to move somewhere bigger, understandably. Definitely better options in Europe though, as always.

Hulk is an enigma. To make room for him you'd have to push Kuyt out of position. With 'Pool playing their 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 cross with Carroll and Suarez occupying the front two spaces and Hulk the right-sided one, Kuyt would either have to move out left (he can play there; see the WC Final) or dropped completely. You could put Hulk on the left, but he's a bit of a Robben, far too one-footed, and would lose most of his potency on the left.

No doubt. Don't know whether he hit his peak too soon, just think halfway through last season he realised Villa weren't going anywhere and wanted to move somewhere bigger, understandably. Definitely better options in Europe though, as always.

Hulk is an enigma. To make room for him you'd have to push Kuyt out of position. With 'Pool playing their 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 cross with Carroll and Suarez occupying the front two spaces and Hulk the right-sided one, Kuyt would either have to move out left (he can play there; see the WC Final) or dropped completely. You could put Hulk on the left, but he's a bit of a Robben, far too one-footed, and would lose most of his potency on the left.

Me want Falcao. Me no want Hulk. Oh yes.

Me want Falcao. Me no want Hulk. Oh yes.

Then how would it work? Falcao and Carroll up front doesn't sound like a particularly fruitful partnership to me. On top of that, Suarez would have to be pushed wide and, critically, deep.

Meh, Falcoa is excellent but if i had to chose between Hulk for £15M and Falcao for £30M id go for hulk,cheaper option and not much difference in class(from what iv seen). Wonder who our "Marquee" signing will be?

I don't want either. Mata and a backup striker would do me! I can see the marquee signing being a Pastore or an Aguero tbh.

Then how would it work? Falcao and Carroll up front doesn't sound like a particularly fruitful partnership to me. On top of that, Suarez would have to be pushed wide and, critically, deep.

4-3-3.

Back