The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Just a month ago he ruled himself out the Chelsea job stating he wouldn't want to ruin his reputation. I'd say this job has a bigger chance of doing just that. I dispise Liverpool but i love Rodgers so i actually do wish him all the best.

what people say and do is completely different

Torres Was very happy at Liverpool.. Then left 2 weeks later.

Rooney Handed in a Transfer request.. Then signed a 5 year deal 2 weeks later

T

Who in their right mind would turn down the chance of managing Liverpool when they are currently managing Swansea (no offence to Swansea intended). But for Rodgers it is a step in the right direction for his career.

Swansea finished 5 points off Liverpool, they're probably the most attractive team in the league and under him, you'd expect them to get better. Rodgers is only young and has plenty of time to manage a bigger club, I honestly believe he'll manage Barca one day; I'm not sure leaving right now is the best thing for him. I was worried about AVB last summer when he took the Chelsea job and I wouldn't be surprised if things go the same way for Brendan.

C'monn we always expected one United fan to come in here and start saying all of this, no matter who the manager was.

C'monn we always expected one United fan to come in here and start saying all of this, no matter who the manager was.

No matter how well everyone gets on, there is always someone from either side who has to stir...

Not me, I couldn't give a toss about the other candidates. I don't want to see Rodgers fail though, or Swansea go down.

Just read that article Danny posted, the length put me off a bit but it was a very good article. Rodgers has the potential to be a very exciting appointment

Swansea finished 5 points off Liverpool, they're probably the most attractive team in the league and under him, you'd expect them to get better. Rodgers is only young and has plenty of time to manage a bigger club, I honestly believe he'll manage Barca one day; I'm not sure leaving right now is the best thing for him. I was worried about AVB last summer when he took the Chelsea job and I wouldn't be surprised if things go the same way for Brendan.
I swear there are virtually no British managers abroad? However, I think he does have a good chance of managing Barcelona one day, too.

I like the appointment of Brendan Rodgers, as it shows that we are now willing to take risks; something we were previously unwilling to do. However, I just hope we stick with him, as he is a talented young manager and, if he stays for the long term, he could guide us to success.

However, I feel no elation at this appointment, I do like Rodgers, and I want to see him flourish, but I still refuse to believe he is a top-class manager, despite what many others will say. I think you can't judge someone on 1/2 season, especially since he had a failure at Reading (although I'm not sure what that was about, so I can't really comment on it)!

I am 100% behind him, though, I like him as a manager and I think he may become successful here. We just need to be patient, something we have not done in recent years, and stick with him! However, I was impressed with FSG's timing of King Kenny's sack; it showed they were willing to be patient and not cause disruption to Liverpool's season. I hope they either keep Rodgers for the long term, or sack him at a good time (I'm not trying to be pessimistic, though!).

- PZW

Brian Durand on Twitter. This is why Whelan shouldnt have made it so public in every aspect.

Just heard on radio that LFC had humiliated a decent man (Roberto Martinez). Ahem. You'll find that Dave Whelan is responsible for that.

Another tweet Aswell... Not too sure about this one!

@Moose_talkSPORT: By the way Liverpool fans-I reckon Anfield will have a new name before next season begins-stadium naming rights-how do you feel about that.

Is Rodgers to Liverpool even confirmed yet? I have not seen anything to say it has been officially.

Is Rodgers to Liverpool even confirmed yet? I have not seen anything to say it has been officially.

On SkySports News then they've just said that Brendan Rodgers wants the job but FSG haven't offered him it... yet.

Another tweet Aswell... Not too sure about this one!

@Moose_talkSPORT: By the way Liverpool fans-I reckon Anfield will have a new name before next season begins-stadium naming rights-how do you feel about that.

He also said last week Klopp would be our manager.

Swansea City | News | Latest | Latest | Swansea City statement

A statement from Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins:

"I was contacted by Liverpool last night and they expressed their wish to speak to Brendan regarding their vacancy.

"I had a discussion with Brendan to talk about their interest and his views on whether he wanted to speak to Liverpool.

"He expressed his wish with me to do that and he has spoken to Liverpool today.

"Following on from discussions with Liverpool's owners, Brendan has informed us that he would like to take up their offer to manage Liverpool.

"At the moment we are currently in talks with the owners to agree compensation.

"We are trying to finalise that within the next 24 hours.

"Although we are very disappointed to lose such a talented, young British manager, we didn't wish to stand in his way.

"As always at Swansea City, we want people working here who are fully committed to the task ahead.

"We wish Brendan every success in the future.

"We will always remain good friends and we thank him for all his hard work and passion at this football club over the past two years.

"We shall now refocus and quickly start the process of finding his replacement to continue the great work Brendan has carried out at this football club."

Back