The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Pretty happy if it will be Rodgers

Players attacking football, possession football

If he can do this with players from Swansea, Then surely he can do well with better players at Liverpool ( no disrespect to swansea )

Will be good to watch!!

Agree with you. Brendan Rodgers has some misses on his CV though... his stints at Watford and Reading were not very good. But I think he can do a fine job.

Agree with you. Brendan Rodgers has some misses on his CV though... his stints at Watford and Reading were not very good. But I think he can do a fine job.

Benitez got fired twice before to went to Valencia, let's not forget. All managers have bad times.

Relatively happy, not my first choice. De Boer was my first choice, but I do think he could do well. Hope it's not too late to try get Sigurdsson from under them. Allen, too.

Hope he doesn't sign. Either that or hope he has an atrocious season (a la Woy Hodgson) and regrets ever agreeing to join Liverpool. He's had 2 good seasons with an average squad. Good achievement but could be all forgotten very shortly. #rogersdontgo

Benitez got fired twice before to went to Valencia, let's not forget. All managers have bad times.

Relatively happy, not my first choice. De Boer was my first choice, but I do think he could do well. Hope it's not too late to try get Sigurdsson from under them. Allen, too.

Fair enough. I think Brendan Rodgers style of football can be better translated into Liverpool... Seems to be a good decision. But is he a good long-term manager? Well I suppose we will have to find out

Fair enough. I think Brendan Rodgers style of football can be better translated into Liverpool... Seems to be a good decision. But is he a good long-term manager? Well I suppose we will have to find out

Rodgers will be more of a head coach that a manager. Question is whether he can work with Director of football and General Manager

Rodgers will be more of a head coach that a manager. Question is whether he can work with Director of football and General Manager

There will be no director of football per-se, just his job cut up into three or four people with different, smaller roles.

My 1st choice from day1, I really hope he gets appointed. Plays lovely football & with the quality of players we have at Liverpool this can only get better.

Why does Rodgers suddenly want the job now? Or was it a play on the media all along.

Yeah have to admit I'm not overly keen on this system. Just seems like if you're the manager ("head coach") then you are going to be undermined all the time. I'm ok with Rodgers but if we do get in Van Gaal as well then it is a big shadow looking above you, same as with KK.

Yeah have to admit I'm not overly keen on this system. Just seems like if you're the manager ("head coach") then you are going to be undermined all the time. I'm ok with Rodgers but if we do get in Van Gaal as well then it is a big shadow looking above you, same as with KK.

Van Gaal is mental. It will be entertaining at the very least. Dalglish should not be anywhere near the set up

So you guys would be thrilled with Rodgers but don't want Martinez, who is more proven?
Explain

Not to mention Rodgers practically inherited Martinez's squad at Swansea. Not sure how Martinez is not the better option, Rodgers has been in the Premier League one season as manager of Swansea.

Rodgers and Martinez have similar ways of playing football, but I favour Swansea's style over Wigan's. Wigan are extremely inconsistent as a team, and I'm not letting one and a half good months of football gloss over that. Even when Swansea have lost, they've normally always been extremely close affairs and have rarely been dominated in a match.

Rogers, despite the one season he has had in the prem, if I'm not mistaken has already finished higher than Martinez ever has since he has been in this division.

And I think most people would agree that Martinez has better players at Wigan than what Rodgers has at Swansea, or at least everyone would have agreed pre-season.

Rodgers might have had some of the players that Martinez had at Swansea but to say that it is an inherited squad is also total tosh. Vorm, Graham, Sinclair, Sigurddson, Caulker all signed or loaned under Rodgers and all key men during the course of this season. Even Joe Allen was only a it part player under Martinez.

I'll repeat that Rodgers was not my first choice, but he was higher on my list than Martinez.

It was only 48 hours ago that Martinez was a certainty for the job.. What makes the Rodgers rumours any different... As I said yesterday, it's all incredibly underwhelming. Yawn.

Why does Rodgers suddenly want the job now? Or was it a play on the media all along.

Probably didn't expect he'd get it.. IDK.

So you guys would be thrilled with Rodgers but don't want Martinez, who is more proven?
Explain

Personally,

Martinez you say is 'Proven' but at what, being awful for 90% of the season then suddenly playing good the last month?

He has finished 16th twice and 15th once in three years, No progression.

Rodgers Inherited a Martinez Squad and made it excel. The brand of football has been exciting and his Swansea side has been more consistent that Wigan.

Although Martinez has had financial constraints and is more of a selling Club, Swansea isan't exactly throwing money everywhere, I just think Rodgers being with Mourinho, Learning at Chelsea... Doing very well at Swansea make him the better candidate

Back