The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I hope we don't go for any Swansea players what we need is a more defensive player in case Lucas gets injured again.

According to Barrett, Sigurdsson was being signed on the promise B-Rod would remain as manager, so we could pip in for him.

Deal not done yet as Liverpool stalling over compensation amount?

Stalling for a bit of time. They want to announce it tomorrow with the press conference, because tomorrow's the first day of the Warrior sponsorship. So they can put the Warrior sponsors all over the place for brand awareness. No worries, B-Rod will be manager

Sky sources say Liverpool have agreed compensation deal with Swansea for Rodgers and 3 members of backroom staff

A Swansea City statement earlier this week said the club was delighted to have agreed terms with the player and club following Sigurdsson's hugely successful loan spell last season.

It was believed the 22-year-old would be joining the Swans’ for a fee of £6.8million subject to a medical.

However, on the day that Brendan Rodgers is due to complete his move to Liverpool, the Bundesliga club has reacted angrily to the initial story coming out of south Wales, claiming that contracts have not been signed.

They told Telegraph Sport that Sigurdsson remains a Hoffenheim player and is due back in pre-season training next month.

Communications manager Holger Tromp said: “Gylfi is a player with a regular contract in Hoffenheim and we expect him to be back in training on June 18th.

Glyfil, please, Rodgers.

Just a month ago he ruled himself out the Chelsea job stating he wouldn't want to ruin his reputation. I'd say this job has a bigger chance of doing just that. I dispise Liverpool but i love Rodgers so i actually do wish him all the best.

Maybe there is a reason he wouldn't want to work under Abramovich, again?..

Liverpool and Arsenal seem to have offered 10m for Dempsey.

Very Possible... I cant see either the Manchester Clubs or Chelsea going for him. I think Liverpool will end up getting him although its to be noted that he is not getting any younger but he is still a fantastic player

What about Moussa Dembele or Kerim Frei from Fulham. Both very good players as well

Very Possible... I cant see either the Manchester Clubs or Chelsea going for him. I think Liverpool will end up getting him although its to be noted that he is not getting any younger but he is still a fantastic player

What about Moussa Dembele or Kerim Frei from Fulham. Both very good players as well

Yeap I think Liverpool would be best move for Dempsey.

Not so sure about Dembele, but would like Frei at Arsenal. Saw one Europa League game which he was on and I think Fulham vs Chelsea in which he looked really good. I think RVP wants Afellay at Arsenal so I think we will try to sign him. With 6m transfer fee he'd be pretty cheap.

Yeap I think Liverpool would be best move for Dempsey.

Not so sure about Dembele, but would like Frei at Arsenal. Saw one Europa League game which he was on and I think Fulham vs Chelsea in which he looked really good. I think RVP wants Afellay at Arsenal so I think we will try to sign him. With 6m transfer fee he'd be pretty cheap.

I do not know about Afellay. Has barely got a look in at Barcelona after his transfer and found opportunities even more limited due to the arrival of Sanchez. I think Afellay may leave although I would not be surprised if he wants to stay at Barcelona and try to break into their team

But I think Liverpool should make Junior Hoilet their primary target. Young and has a lot of potential. Dempsey is not getting younger by any means and Hoilet could be a star in the future

Dempsey would be good, even if I don't like him on a personal level. Seems a bit of a ****. Won't sign him though, he's too old.

Frei I would like for a good price, but can't see it.

Dembele would be a brilliant signing - but think it's too soon for him to leave Fulham. The guy has class on the pitch, not so much off it.

I do not know about Afellay. Has barely got a look in at Barcelona after his transfer and found opportunities even more limited due to the arrival of Sanchez. I think Afellay may leave although I would not be surprised if he wants to stay at Barcelona and try to break into their team

Had really poor luck getting that long term injury in training. He looked quite good against Slovakia yesterday and RVP has said that there are maybe 4-5 people with whom you "click" automatically. Fab was one and Afellay is another. Seems like bit of a hint who he'd like us to sign.

I think Pool could easily sign Hoilett and Dempsey. Maxi seems to be leaving and if they sell Kuyt also there's space.

Dembele would be a brilliant signing - but think it's too soon for him to leave Fulham. The guy has class on the pitch, not so much off it.

Read somewhere he's on last year of his contract so Fulham might be looking to sell if he doesnt extend.

Back