The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
x2_cb843cb

So, new manager, new shirt sponsor, and possibly an announcement on the final decision on the stadium at tomorrow's 10AM press conference. Have to get up early for it.

10Am isnt exactly early mate. Looks like it will be an important day for us alright. Too bad ill miss the conference as im in college all day, will record it and have a look tomorrow night :)

Glad we seem to be redeveloping Anfield rather than starting new. The stadium has so much heritage and history, would be a shame to leave

10Am isnt exactly early mate. Looks like it will be an important day for us alright. Too bad ill miss the conference as im in college all day, will record it and have a look tomorrow night :)

Glad we seem to be redeveloping Anfield rather than starting new. The stadium has so much heritage and history, would be a shame to leave

It is when you go bed about 7AM :p

What happened to AVB? If Brendan Rodgers will be getting so much power then why not opt for AVB instead who looks like he can do a better job

Molby has just said this according to BBC. Personally, I think Andy Carroll and Graham are pretty similar players and Carroll has actually looked better for us when he has come deeper into play. I'd say Graham is perhaps a slightly better finisher and Carroll much better with his head but that is the only difference, not buying much into Graham having any more pace than him tbh.

Leandro Damaio might be up for sale this summer. I know he is a long-time Tottenhah target but he is someone Pool should look at. Top-Class striker

Apparently Brendan Rodgers will not be able to buy any Swansea players for the next 12 months, Not sure whether that covers Siggurdson

Think Brodgers will be a good appointment for Liverpool, if he can get Liverpool playing some of the stuff Swansea have with the quality difference (no offence Swansea) then you are in for a treat Liverpool fans.

He said his relationship is good but there is no ' you cant buy swansea players '

However, Sigurdsson is not a swansea player

As said earlier, would be ok to transfer out Adam and bring in Allen, I think he has a bright future. Scott Sinclair could also add a bit extra for us as an impact player I feel. There's obviously Gylfi who I don't think would look out of place starting regularly for a top four club, but there seems to be some debate over whether he is a Swansea player or not officially yet. Probably wouldn't take anyone else from Swansea, they work well together but that's just it, it's a team philosophy there not many big stars.

In a way I hope we don't gut them, they were a pleasure to watch last season and if Rodgers (Brodgers) can instill that type of play in our team then it is fine by me.

Furthermore, I don't exactly think Dalglish had us playing bad football either, it was the lack of accuracy and end product that had us all frustrated.

As said earlier, would be ok to transfer out Adam and bring in Allen, I think he has a bright future. Scott Sinclair could also add a bit extra for us as an impact player I feel. There's obviously Gylfi who I don't think would look out of place starting regularly for a top four club, but there seems to be some debate over whether he is a Swansea player or not officially yet. Probably wouldn't take anyone else from Swansea, they work well together but that's just it, it's a team philosophy there not many big stars.

In a way I hope we don't gut them, they were a pleasure to watch last season and if Rodgers (Brodgers) can instill that type of play in our team then it is fine by me.

Furthermore, I don't exactly think Dalglish had us playing bad football either, it was the lack of accuracy and end product that had us all frustrated.

Dalglish tried to bring this type of football BUT he didnt take enough gamble's.. too often there was no midfielders brekaing their neck to get into the box.. meant we only had suarez and sometimes carroll trying to finish

Although Downing had a poor season, it seemed he was instructed to be as free flowing as he could... same with other players... it was sometimes a bit pedestrian.

Said he has an idea of who he's signing. 2-4 players.

Sigurdsson, Boudebouz, Huntelaar, and Jarvis...

...That would be amazing.

Back