The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Saying he sees fulham as a srepping stone was a bit tasteless in my opinon

neh, we don't hold it against him. At least he isn't going i love this club etc etc and then leaving, at least he is being honest. I don't understand why fans think that players possess undying loyalty to club when most players have no real ties to that club except being contracted to them. As long as Dembele gives 100% every game, that is what matters and he does do this. He could of spent this summer flirting with other clubs like Hazard has but he has remained respectful at all times. Dembele is a great player and whoever buys him will be lucky to have him. Now, tomorrow hopefully he will dominate England and add a few million to his transfer fee.

neh, we don't hold it against him. At least he isn't going i love this club etc etc and then leaving, at least he is being honest. I don't understand why fans think that players possess undying loyalty to club when most players have no real ties to that club except being contracted to them. As long as Dembele gives 100% every game, that is what matters and he does do this. He could of spent this summer flirting with other clubs like Hazard has but he has remained respectful at all times. Dembele is a great player and whoever buys him will be lucky to have him. Now, tomorrow hopefully he will dominate England and add a few million to his transfer fee.

Just think some things are best left unsaid. Quite clearly trying to alert clubs to his availability.

Just think some things are best left unsaid. Quite clearly trying to alert clubs to his availability.

Not sure why saying a club is a stepping stone is so bad. Obviously there are a few teams that are much bigger than Fulham, that any ambitious player would be aiming to play for. Fans of such teams will appreciate a player while they have them, and then replace them with someone cheaper once they sell them on to a 'bigger club'. The same can be said for a fair few clubs in the Premier League. Anyone outside the top 6 really, although I would probably include Newcastle, as I can see players wanting to move from us to one of the higher profile teams in England/Europe.

The best way to alert clubs of yourself ability is too play well on the pitch. That is what he has done, he hasn't gone spouting off to the media every week which is what some players do. Besides, every player available for a price.

I don't think it's that bad, he's a good player that will eventually move to a bigger club

RE: Sig.

The record transfer of Iceland midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson was set up before Rodgers left the club but Jenkins confirmed the deal for the Hoffenheim star is still due to go ahead.
He said: "We have agreed a fee and personal terms but the problem is he has gone away to Europe on holiday and that has delayed the finalising of it. We are hopeful of getting things moving next week, hopefully we can tie that up and get one or two things finished off."

Dembele is a very realistic target for Pool and I believe he is someone who would not look out of place at a top 4 club.

Said he has an idea of who he's signing. 2-4 players.

Sigurdsson, Boudebouz, Huntelaar, and Jarvis...

...That would be amazing.

Jarvis is gash, Hoillet is a better and cheaper alternative. Boudebouz would be nice, Huntelaar also, unlikely though. Sigurdsson, yes, along with Joe Allan and/ or Diame.

RE: Sig.

The record transfer of Iceland midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson was set up before Rodgers left the club but Jenkins confirmed the deal for the Hoffenheim star is still due to go ahead.
He said: "We have agreed a fee and personal terms but the problem is he has gone away to Europe on holiday and that has delayed the finalising of it. We are hopeful of getting things moving next week, hopefully we can tie that up and get one or two things finished off."

So, no, it's not done.

Jarvis is gash, Hoillet is a better and cheaper alternative. Boudebouz would be nice, Huntelaar also, unlikely though. Sigurdsson, yes, along with Joe Allan and/ or Diame.

So, no, it's not done.

And so next week he will more than likely be a Swansea player.

And so next week he will more than likely be a Swansea player.

Well, we don't know how much emphasis Rodgers had on Sigurddson signing for them.. I'm not saying he will be a Liverpool player, just that anything can happen.

Well, we don't know how much emphasis Rodgers had on Sigurddson signing for them.. I'm not saying he will be a Liverpool player, just that anything can happen.

But more than likely he will be a Swansea player. Anything thing can happen, but at some point you use common sense to look at what is realistic and likely, and what isn't. More than likely he will be a Swans player.

I think if Liverpool acted quickly, it may change Sigurdssons mind, however.. i dont think we will

I think if Liverpool acted quickly, it may change Sigurdssons mind, however.. i dont think we will

Main question is would Rodgers do that kind of **** move or would he have respect for his old employers and not intervene.

Main question is would Rodgers do that kind of **** move or would he have respect for his old employers and not intervene.

His interest is now Liverpool, If Sigurdsson would improve Liverpool, that should be his main concern,

However, i understand what you mean..

A big question is how much of a factor was Rodgers being at Swansea for Sigurdsson joining them.

A big question is how much of a factor was Rodgers being at Swansea for Sigurdsson joining them.

That's exactly my point. If I were Sigurdsson I'd have some serious concerns about Swansea now.. Poor business by Swansea, though, should have signed those contracts last week!

Only problem I have with dembele is that hes not a brilliant finisher, we already have suarez as a striker that can create chances but not finish brilliantly.
We need a striker that can take chances not create them.

Only problem I have with dembele is that hes not a brilliant finisher, we already have suarez as a striker that can create chances but not finish brilliantly.
We need a striker that can take chances not create them.

He's not a goalscorer, a good second striker, though.

Back