The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Good to see you lot easily discounting Newcastle...

I'm not at all by any means, let me dream dammit!

I'd just be very surprised if they manage to keep all their recent signings though, and be as good as they were this season.

Dutchman signed for three years with Turkish club Kuyt to Fenerbahce by Valentijn Driessen & Mike Verweij Between all the worries in Orange by Dirk Kuyt (31) found time to a remarkable career move to make. The striker put Liverpool in Amsterdam today signed a contract with Turkey's Fenerbahce. The Katwijker signs for three years and thus awaits the announcement of the new coach of the Reds will not print. Email Print Comment Telesport Newsletter The EK-subscription, 6 weeks € 20, -! Kuyt experienced a disappointing season under Kenny Dalglish at Liverpool and decided to mid-2013 despite its ongoing commitment to leave. What the Turks for the 88-fold international pay is (still) not known. With its one million shall transfer the former Feyenoord in the footsteps of another figurehead of Rotterdam. In 2003 Pierre van Hooijdonk exchanged for the club Feyenoord from Istanbul. no Feyenoord Kuyt was again the last few months wrongly linked to the Rotterdam club. The attacker carried an interview with Martin van Geel, but realized immediately that Feyenoord could never meet his salary demands. In 'Fener' he deserves a multiple of the amount he could reap in the Netherlands. Tomorrow Kuyt steps so as a player of Fenerbahce and Liverpool no longer in the plane that brings Orange to Krakow.Bewerkingen ongedaan maken

KUYT NAAR FENERBAHÇE - Voetbal | Het laatste voetbalnieuws leest u op Telesport.nl van De Telegraaf [EK 2012]

Err can get the general sense of it... he left for a million???
Putting his wage in account, and contract length, it was just getting him off the books...

...Saying that, what a fantastic player. Irreplaceable player, we will have to replace him with someone truly amazing.

Going to miss his work rate, opens the door for another player to come in though, exciting times.

Putting his wage in account, and contract length, it was just getting him off the books...

...Saying that, what a fantastic player. Irreplaceable player, we will have to replace him with someone truly amazing.

He is irreplacable, which is why we need to look for a different player, ideally a runner, dribbler with genuine pace (still wanting us to go for Hoilett). Gave his all for our club and should be remembered as a great player.

Good luck Dirk. Always tried his best for the team and his work rate was 2nd to none. All the best in Turkey. YNWA

285646_443945892285311_226866418_n.jpg

my two mates will be ****** they got kuyt on the back of new kit

you are being sarcastic, right?

Kuyt was always going to leave this season, which will now make signing another forward more of a prioriy. If Carroll gets an injury there is very little back up. Are there any good young strikers at 'Pool that I don't know about?

Kuyt was always going to leave this season, which will now make signing another forward more of a prioriy. If Carroll gets an injury there is very little back up. Are there any good young strikers at 'Pool that I don't know about?

Ecclestone wont cut it, only one near enough is Morgan, but he is not ready IMO... we do need another striker

Nope, and I think it will be more about replacing someone on the wing, which is where Kuyt played most of his football for us. Sterling will probably see a bit more game time this season and there'll be a fresh face brought in - probably within a week if FSG do their business like they did in previous windows.

He was indeed a 'modern day legend' for Liverpool but probably the right time for him to leave.

Transfers may be delayed this year, purely because of the Euro's... Love them being on, but its rubbish for transfers!

Nope, and I think it will be more about replacing someone on the wing, which is where Kuyt played most of his football for us. Sterling will probably see a bit more game time this season and there'll be a fresh face brought in - probably within a week if FSG do their business like they did in previous windows.

He was indeed a 'modern day legend' for Liverpool but probably the right time for him to leave.

But he was a back up for the striker position, an area that is already light for cover. You cannot really expect to compete with the best teams with Carroll, Suarez and Bellamy as the only forward options.

Back