The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Dempsey to Liverpool is still a bigger step up tho so with only one year left 6-8mil is a possibility, adding that he is 30, don't think we would pay anymore anyway!

Would be a good signing tho

Agreed. It would be a definite step up in terms of the quality of players he will be playing with and the club in general. Has just had a great season and would be a good catch

Brodgers said we're going to make our first signing before next week.
Chatted with Aquilani, went well
Chatted with Bellamy, went well.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
Off camera, Rodgers said #LFC fans would find one potential new player 'incredibly exciting' - 'they'll love him'

Quite funny, all the ITK's suddenly piping up about who liverpool are going to sign in the upcoming week

Heard Dempsey, Remy, Ramirez, Granero... Then the Sturridge, Johnson, Walcott stuff

They have no idea!

currently watching the eurosport live transfer update thing and a lot of Liverpool supporters saying Dempsey is not good enough, Downing was good for Villa but looked what happened when he joined a big club same with happen with Dempsey etc. Now that is absolute bollocks to me, Dempsey scored 6 more goals than Liverpools got scorer in the league last season playing for a side which finished below Liverpool and not playing as a striker. If Liverpool get Dempsey in my eyes i would class that as a sensational signing for them. What are the fans opinion on here of a potential deal?

currently watching the eurosport live transfer update thing and a lot of Liverpool supporters saying Dempsey is not good enough, Downing was good for Villa but looked what happened when he joined a big club same with happen with Dempsey etc. Now that is absolute bollocks to me, Dempsey scored 6 more goals than Liverpools got scorer in the league last season playing for a side which finished below Liverpool and not playing as a striker. If Liverpool get Dempsey in my eyes i would class that as a sensational signing for them. What are the fans opinion on here of a potential deal?

Same as every other signing, a gamble.

Downing was v. good for Villa, couldn't get an assist for us. Adam was good at Blackpool, very average at us.

I'd be happy with Dempsey, but not overly thrilled. For a decent price though, and two, three years out of him I'd be pleased.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC

Fabio Borini is likely (note likely) to become Rodgers' first signing as #LFC manager. Deal not done yet though.

Dissapointed he is joining Liverpool mainly because i wanted him to succeed at Chelsea and that he will haunt us next season lol.

Sheff Utd defender on twitter: Ex Chelsea player on twitter
Terry Kennedy ‏@telkennedy
Fabio Borini... Best striker I've ever marked and only marked him for 30mins. Movement is at another level. #differentclass

Ex Chelsea player on twitter:
michael woods ‏@woodsyyy
Have a bad feeling Chels will rue the loss of fabs... Think he'll be a big player for liverpool..one of the best forwards I've played with!

Didn't Borini sign for Roma? He also stated he was only ever interested in Roma as well I think. Bit odd to suddenly move to Liverpool.

No, he is owned by Parma on loan to Roma.

On 23 June 2012, Roma paid Parma €5.3m on blind auction, and signed the other 50% of Borini's rights. Before joining Roma, Daily Mail reports that English side Liverpool want to sign him under former manager of Swansea Brendan Rodgers as the pair also worked together in the youth system at Chelsea and Swansea.[17] After the move, Borini says he never thought of joining Liverpool and insists he is a Roma player.

Fabio Borini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On 23 June 2012, Roma paid Parma €5.3m on blind auction, and signed the other 50% of Borini's rights. Before joining Roma, Daily Mail reports that English side Liverpool want to sign him under former manager of Swansea Brendan Rodgers as the pair also worked together in the youth system at Chelsea and Swansea.[17] After the move, Borini says he never thought of joining Liverpool and insists he is a Roma player.

Fabio Borini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well maybe they signed him because they knew they could get more for him if they sold him. Plus please don't use Wiki again lol.

Roma signed him permanent, but it looks like they're willing to sell him on for a profit.
Exciting player, great movement and had the third best goals/minute ratio on Serie A last year, the two above him took penalties, he did not.

Disappointing. I want to see Roma return to glory and I thought Borini was a good youngster to build around along with Lamela. I hope his talents aren't wasted on Merseyside, could be a great signing.

Just back from work to see Borini likely.. brilliant signing IMO, for around 8Mil aswell, its a very good deal... very surprised Roma are letting him go for this little even when they have just signed him, although they are making a 3mil profit instantly.. perhaps they knew this..

Nout outstanding signing, good but Fulham to Liverpool is still a bigger step up with alot more expectation

Downing was brilliant at Villa, contributed goals and assists, LFC Has not worked out so far..

Adam very similar, although he has 2 goals and 10 assists even after missing half a season, just very erratic and his decision making can be poor

Dempsey was momentarily listed on the Liverpool site before it was removed.

AxZTwkHCAAA1Zxa.jpg

Back