The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Dempsey was momentarily listed on the Liverpool site before it was removed.

AxZTwkHCAAA1Zxa.jpg
Where did you find this?

And how haven't you realised it's fake?
It was doing the rounds on twitter which should of been a good sign it was a fake. Didn't have a clue if it was fake because I have no idea what the Liverpool site looks like having never been on it.

Obviously fake, the guy who did it Could have atleast lined up the C with the letters above

Oh, Allen is also a target. Confirmed by many people, probably won't be signed for a few week yet though.

Borini, Allen, & Dempsey? Not bad signings, all relatively cheap too.

No, he is owned by Parma on loan to Roma.

He was co-owned by Roma. on July 1st both clubs must place a bid to sign the player permanently.. Roma won, so now they own him.

Affelay also linked as the exciting player BR was on about, potential 9.5Mil Deal...

So far Im linking this summer

10Mil Borini, 8Mil Dempsey, 5-10Mil Allen, Now Affellay... all very good players, but we are paying good amounts not silly money!

Have a look on bbc sport. Rodgers just said he is willing to let carroll go out on loan with milan interested. If you look at his quotes he all but says hes not in his plans. Bit disappointed with that tbh, was just starting to look like a good player and this will probably knock his confidence again.

Have a look on bbc sport. Rodgers just said he is willing to let carroll go out on loan with milan interested. If you look at his quotes he all but says hes not in his plans. Bit disappointed with that tbh, was just starting to look like a good player and this will probably knock his confidence again.

Rodgers never said anything about sending Carroll on loan.

Read it well Lee. "its something I would have to look at, I have to be honest" "sometimes a player going out on loan, not just andy, can be beneficial". How do you interpret that?

Rodgers never said anything about sending Carroll on loan.

I picked up on this, watched the whole press conference and BR never said once about considering a loan move

However, He wasn't very positive about Carroll, but nothing definite was said...

Read it well Lee. "its something I would have to look at, I have to be honest" "sometimes a player going out on loan, not just andy, can be beneficial". How do you interpret that?

Full response in the order it was given (not chopped up and moved about by the BBC):

“It’s something I would have to look at, I have to be honest,” Rodgers said. “I’m not going to sit here and say I will never let anyone go on loan, then come in here in two weeks and a player’s gone, and you’re saying ‘you said you wouldn’t let them go.’

“There are many things to going on loan. Is it going to be beneficial for the club, that’s the most important thing?

“Sometimes a player going out on loan – in general, not just Andy – can benefit the club in the long term.

“It gets them game experience, and they come back a better player, a more confident one. Certainly more so than if they’ve been sitting on the bench for the majority of the season.

“Andy’s always going to be linked with clubs, whether he was here or not. I have spoken to him on his holidays, he knows exactly where he stands, but I have had no inquiries about him.”

-------------

He doesn't deny or confirm whether or not he would loan any players out if it was to the benefit of the club.

I picked up on this, watched the whole press conference and BR never said once about considering a loan move

However, He wasn't very positive about Carroll, but nothing definite was said...

I'll take your word on it then. Reading tge quotes it doesn't fill me with optimism about Carrolls liverpool future though, maybe it came across differently in press conference.

I'll take your word on it then. Reading tge quotes it doesn't fill me with optimism about Carrolls liverpool future though, maybe it came across differently in press conference.

no doubt he didnt fill me with confidence he was going to feature loads, but he definitly did not say exactly Andy is going out on loan... he generalised

However, the Owners came in, with Dalglish wanting to play this style of football, then they go and buy Carroll?

Completely the opposite type of player for the tiki taka style, so unless he can change his game, i cant see much a future

Jenkins has said he's willing to listen to offers for Andy, but not loans. Not surprising, not quite his type of player. Maxi I think is reportedly close to signing for Newells after a meeting this morning asking to be released.
Borini, Allen, Dempsey, Ramirez would be good.
Maxi, Kuyt, Andy, off

Now confirmed interest in Dempsey from Duncan Jenkins.
So that's Dempsey, Ramirez, Borini and Allen all confirmed targets. No offical bids for any of them as of yet, but concrete interest.

Jenkins has said he's willing to listen to offers for Andy, but not loans. Not surprising, not quite his type of player. Maxi I think is reportedly close to signing for Newells after a meeting this morning asking to be released.
Borini, Allen, Dempsey, Ramirez would be good.
Maxi, Kuyt, Andy, off

Now confirmed interest in Dempsey from Duncan Jenkins.
So that's Dempsey, Ramirez, Borini and Allen all confirmed targets. No offical bids for any of them as of yet, but concrete interest.

would this again leave us short in the striker position though?

Suarez and Borini only natural strikers.. Suarez not as affective in front of goal..

Dempsey can player there but not natural...

Shelvey Signs New Contract

Jonjo Shelvey has today signed a new contract at Liverpool Football Club.

jonjo500.jpg
The 20-year-old put pen to paper on the long-term deal at Melwood on Tuesday morning to commit his future to the Reds.

Shelvey moved to Anfield from Charlton in May 2010 and has made 37 appearances for the first team.

The midfielder spent time on loan at Blackpool last season before returning to Liverpool to score two goals in 16 run outs, including a stunning long-range strike against Chelsea in the final home game of the campaign.

Back