The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Not an Adam fan either, but his experience is necessary. If we were to sell him, we'd need another experienced player to have.

But Adam's an odd one, his stats are rather impressive. About 10 assists, and 4 goals, for about 3/4 of a season. Yet, he looked incompetent and slow on the ball so much, and looked to do **** all for so long.

Do like Allen though, only 22, too.

Not an Adam fan either, but his experience is necessary. If we were to sell him, we'd need another experienced player to have.

But Adam's an odd one, his stats are rather impressive. About 10 assists, and 4 goals, for about 3/4 of a season. Yet, he looked incompetent and slow on the ball so much, and looked to do **** all for so long.

Do like Allen though, only 22, too.

Adam was inconsistent last season he had good games and bad games. Also, i thought we had an agreement with Swansea meaning we couldnt take their players.

i think most people dislike him because people cuz they wanted him to be the next xabi but now gerrard is getting on he'll end up playing that role an we would need shelvey to be the advanced mid

I'd love to see a stat on adam comparing those assists to how many times he lost posession with a failed 30 yard pass or missed shot. Hes the equivalent of a striker taking 20 shots a game and scoring one goal. Try something enough and you're bound to get a few assists. I'd prefer us to play shelvey more too.

Really rate Allen, but I also really like Shelvey or tho the experience factor is needed... When lucas was in the team Adam was brilliant! 10 assist 2 goals, as soon as he got injured he went downhill... People underestimate just how much Lucas does for us!

Cant wait for a Fit Gerrard and Lucas as well as new players coming in!

Admittedly I'm in a very negative mood today so I've just thought of this. When was the last time we had an overall positive transfer window (as in a majority of good signings rather than net spend). Think it must go back to midway through rafas rein. Hopefully we can buck that trend this season.

We can sign Swansea players. There wasn't any real arrangement, so Allen is on. Rodgers really rates and wants him

Admittedly I'm in a very negative mood today so I've just thought of this. When was the last time we had an overall positive transfer window (as in a majority of good signings rather than net spend). Think it must go back to midway through rafas rein. Hopefully we can buck that trend this season.
[TABLE="class: list, width: 720"]
[TR="class: alt"]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]Lucas Leiva[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]Gremio[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]£5,000,000[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]11.05.2007[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Krisztián Németh[/TD]
[TD]MTK Hungaria[/TD]
[TD]Undisclosed[/TD]
[TD]25.05.2007[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]Mikel Domínguez[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]Athletic Bilbao[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]£270,000[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]28.06.2007[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sebastian Leto[/TD]
[TD]Club Atlético Lanús[/TD]
[TD]£1,800,000[/TD]
[TD]01.07.2007[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]Fernando Torres[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]Atletico Madrid[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]£20,200,000[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]04.07.2007[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Andriy Voronin[/TD]
[TD]Bayer Leverkusen[/TD]
[TD]Free *[/TD]
[TD]06.07.2007[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]Yossi Benayoun[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]West Ham United[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]£5,000,000[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]12.07.2007[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ryan Babel[/TD]
[TD]Ajax[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
2007 as it turns out

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
While no reply comes from Liverpool,Bologna received first bid for Ramirez from Napoli:10m € +2minor players(value 3m€-Fideleff and Donadel)

i think he'll play 3 Cm lucas gerrard shelvey/adam
]

Almost certain he'll being in either a CM or CAM.. and play Lucas, Gerrard and a new player

Reina
Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique
Lucas - Gerrard
Dempsey - Allen/Ramirez - Suarez
Borini

would be a very good starting line up... then add Hendo, Bellamy, Downing, Carroll, Shelvey, Adam as subs/ reserves.. good depth aswell

As part of the compensation package that saw Rodgers released from his contract to join Liverpool in May, Swansea insisted on a "player protection" clause that prevents the Anfield club from bidding for any of their players for the next 12 months.
However, if Swansea accept a bid from any other club for a particular player, then Liverpool can express their interest.
The strength of the written agreement with Liverpool would also be tested if a Swansea player handed in a transfer request.

So basically, we will have to either wait for another club to come in OR 'tap' him up, not allowed, but no doubt it happens, forcing him to hand transfer request ETC

Heard prices of around 10mil would be enough, or too much for Swansea to reject

As part of the compensation package that saw Rodgers released from his contract to join Liverpool in May, Swansea insisted on a "player protection" clause that prevents the Anfield club from bidding for any of their players for the next 12 months.
However, if Swansea accept a bid from any other club for a particular player, then Liverpool can express their interest.
The strength of the written agreement with Liverpool would also be tested if a Swansea player handed in a transfer request.

So basically, we will have to either wait for another club to come in OR 'tap' him up, not allowed, but no doubt it happens, forcing him to hand transfer request ETC

Heard prices of around 10mil would be enough, or too much for Swansea to reject

Thanks for clarifying this up. Was wondering why Allen rumours are starting up when I remember hearing that Rodgers was not allowed to sign players from Swansea for 12 months

Also whats the latest on Fabio Borini? Last I heard he was 'seriously considering' Liverpool's offer. Would be an excellent signing. No doubt you need another striker in the squad.

think is though do we need allen? weve now got gerrard aqullani adam shelvey lucas spearing henderson who are all cm

Thanks for clarifying this up. Was wondering why Allen rumours are starting up when I remember hearing that Rodgers was not allowed to sign players from Swansea for 12 months

Also whats the latest on Fabio Borini? Last I heard he was 'seriously considering' Liverpool's offer. Would be an excellent signing. No doubt you need another striker in the squad.

Yes, i just read it on BBC, thought id share it!

Thats the last on Borini i heard, just weather he wants to move, and last bits of the details im guessing

Although, it would be a brilliant signing! has top class movement and perfect for the style we want to play, already sensing alot better summer with some of the targets and money talked about, all reletively good players at good price

Back