The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
It's just his way of replying to this: David Moyes says he is worried Luis Suarez will take a dive during the Merseyside derby | Everton News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

IMO Moyes is also in the wrong for saying **** like this to unsettle Suarez.

Regardless, it's a valid point. Though today he let the football do the talking and put in a fantastic performance. That should be response enough. You have to rememeber that if he did that, and the officials were a lot stricter there could have been consequences. It could have incited a few fans to do something stupid

Regardless, it's a valid point. Though today he let the football do the talking and put in a fantastic performance. That should be response enough. You have to rememeber that if he did that, and the officials were a lot stricter there could have been consequences. It could have incited a few fans to do something stupid

I think the reason he wasn't booked for it was because it was aimed at Moyes and not the fans like a certain Adebayor celebration. Although I wouldn't have disagreed if the ref did decide to book him for it.

I think the reason he wasn't booked for it was because it was aimed at Moyes and not the fans like a certain Adebayor celebration. Although I wouldn't have disagreed if the ref did decide to book him for it.

That's a good point actually. The Ade one was just plain ridiculous. And Moyes himself said he probably would've done the same thing lol

"Ive just posted this in /r/Liverpool but thought i'd post it here. Now im not moaning that decisions have cost us and that they are the only thing holding us back, we clearly have a thin squad....but if decisions hadnt been going horribly against us all season then we'd have 7 more points than we do:Check this out:
  • v West Brom the ref gives two extremely harsh penalties to West Brom and a red card which was NEVER a red, potentially 1 point lost but ill let that slide.
  • Penalty to Suarez not given v Sunderland. 2 points lost.
  • Harsh red card for Shelvey v united. Then clear penalty to Suarez not given and a generous (to say the least) penalty given to united. 3 points lost
  • Now they are just literally cancelling our goals when they want to for no reason. 2 points taken away from us v Everton.
So all in all thats SEVEN points taken from us from refs. We'd be on 17 points, above united (if you take 3 points off them that they were given) We'd be joint ******* third!!!! And we are 11th. This sort of **** makes a HUGE difference to where you are and how confident your players are, imagine the pyshcological boost it would be to the players to be up there, instead it looks like we are languishing."

How depressing

Although (because it's Suarez) i thought it was a pretty scrubby thing to do, i personally believe you should be allowed to celebrate however you wish, on any part of the field of play.

"Ive just posted this in /r/Liverpool but thought i'd post it here. Now im not moaning that decisions have cost us and that they are the only thing holding us back, we clearly have a thin squad....but if decisions hadnt been going horribly against us all season then we'd have 7 more points than we do:Check this out:
  • v West Brom the ref gives two extremely harsh penalties to West Brom and a red card which was NEVER a red, potentially 1 point lost but ill let that slide.
  • Harsh red card for Shelvey v united. Then clear penalty to Suarez not given and a generous (to say the least) penalty given to united. 3 points lost
  • Now they are just literally cancelling our goals when they want to for no reason. 2 points taken away from us v Everton.
So all in all thats SEVEN points taken from us from refs. We'd be on 17 points, above united (if you take 3 points off them that they were given) We'd be joint ******* third!!!! And we are 11th. This sort of **** makes a HUGE difference to where you are and how confident your players are, imagine the pyshcological boost it would be to the players to be up there, instead it looks like we are languishing."

How depressing

You still have to score the penalties! Not sure on Suarez' record but Gerrard has missed quite a few in recent years if I remember correctly. No denying that you can feel hard done by though

Got to say that even though Suarez is a bit of a ****, he is such a phenomenal player when he is in this kind of form

Just a bit disrespectful. To do something like that and then claim that people are picking on you or throwing things at you is rich. I don't condemn the missiles thrown at him, but he provokes a reaction with his antics.

Disrespectful? Moyes was being disrespectful, don't get sour because Suarez owned him. Besides, Everton fans are always throwing **** at our players.. They're mature like that. ;)

How depressing

Well, what can you do.. Referees and linesmen are pretty terrible but I guess that's part of the game. Every ref who loses a team points should be demoted... Although, if that was the case there wouldn't be ANY refs in the league so you kinda have just take the good with the bad. I just hope we get some good "luck" soon. There are massive positives to take from this season (the league position being one of them), we are playing good football and seem to be comfortable with four or five at the back (unlike City).. Also, Suarez has been a God on the pitch.

Why is anyone not criticizing Moyes for trying to put pressure on the referee through his comments on Suarez in the pre-match press conference? He will make a fine replacement for SAF, Moyes ;)

Why is anyone not criticizing Moyes for trying to put pressure on the referee through his comments on Suarez in the pre-match press conference? He will make a fine replacement for SAF, Moyes ;)

It worked, Saurez stayed on his feet ;). On the other hand, he then tore through Everton. Probably should have said nothing and let him hit the deck.

It worked, Saurez stayed on his feet ;). On the other hand, he then tore through Everton. Probably should have said nothing and let him hit the deck.

haha and tbh even though it was a classeless celebration by Suarez, lets not forget it was provoked initially by Moyes so Everton fans should really not be complaining.

Just been thinking, the thought of

Holtby, Walcott and Llorente on pre contract agreements is brilliant

will be competition but all very realistic possibilities, then maybe a 15-20mil budget for the summer..

Positive thinking i know

will be competition but all very realistic possibilities, then maybe a 15-20mil budget for the summer..

Positive thinking i know

Holtby is realistic, the latter two are not.

Positive thinking i know

Walcott can't be signed on pre contract.

I think us and Everton have better chance on him than Liverpool.

I'd say we do as we're going to the CL next season. Heard it here first ;)

(and if I'm wrong I'm ready for pelters lol)

ill have to disagree with that... will be competition but definitley are possible

OK firsty, the issue with Walcott is wage, you dont have the 100k a week he is asking for...

And Llorente will be on a free. Every elite team will be chasing him. Milan, Juve, Chelsea, You might even throw Arsenal in the mix, City will be sniffing, Inter. He has his choice and can demand the highest wages from the teams in the CL. So you are rank outsiders on that.

Back