The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Perhaps the reason why Liverpool can't attract the likes of Llorente is because Swansea are putting out a league cup side that includes Pablo Hernandez, whereas Liverpool are sending out Stewart Downing.
God I love watching Downing fail

Perhaps the reason why Liverpool can't attract the likes of Llorente is because Swansea are putting out a league cup side that includes Pablo Hernandez, whereas Liverpool are sending out Stewart Downing.

It's fine, Cole will score two in second half.
His amazing stamina will have him running circles around all the tired Swansea players.

Obviously Swansea taking the competition alot more seriously than we are

Liverpool just don't have good enough players tbh, sure the first XI is pretty good but when it all unravells....

We have the money, it was just wasted on sub standard players such as Downing, Henderson, Carroll and Adam. I don't blame the owners for being unwilling to part with much more of their money tbh.

If you think about it, for the amount we spent on Downing we could have bought Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Tioté.

Money buys good squads, we dont have as much as the teams above us

The teams currently above you include Everton, West Ham, Fulham, West Brom, Newcastle and Swansea. Are you seriously trying to suggest you have less financial power than them?

We have the money, it was just wasted on sub standard players such as Downing, Henderson, Carroll and Adam. I don't blame the owners for being unwilling to part with much more of their money tbh.

Exactly right. Liverpool haven't underspent, they've just spent badly. Again, my example of Pablo Hernandez going to Swansea might be relevant here.

If you think about it, for the amount we spent on Downing we could have bought Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Tioté.

Not really. Why would they want to go to a club that isn't in Europe, and leave a club that had a great previous season that has an excellent manager? Agree the money was wasted, but there's no guarantee you would have got the players you mentioned

Not really. Why would they want to go to a club that isn't in Europe, and leave a club that had a great previous season that has an excellent manager? Agree the money was wasted, but there's no guarantee you would have got the players you mentioned

Sorry, what I meant was that for what Newcastle spent on those players we could have bought them too. Baring in mind Newcastle had just gotten promotion while Liverpool, despite being vastly weaker than before, should still be able to attract players of those qualities. I mean, if we can get Suarez then we should surely be able to acquire the services of Cabaye and Tiote at least. At least... this is my opinion.

Sorry, what I meant was that for what Newcastle spent on those players we could have bought them too. Baring in mind Newcastle had just gotten promotion while Liverpool, despite being vastly weaker than before, should still be able to attract players of those qualities. I mean, if we can get Suarez then we should surely be able to acquire the services of Cabaye and Tiote at least. At least... this is my opinion.

Well, if positions are reveresed by January you never know. Though those players would definately improve the squad without doubt. Though after Sunday I'm glad they aren't there lol

The teams currently above you include Everton, West Ham, Fulham, West Brom, Newcastle and Swansea. Are you seriously trying to suggest you have less financial power than them?

Exactly right. Liverpool haven't underspent, they've just spent badly. Again, my example of Pablo Hernandez going to Swansea might be relevant here.

When liverpool spend big its because of player sales, we're always replacing and not adding like the top clubs are....

and no, of course i didnt mean the current table.. i mean the consistant top 7 from the past 4 or 5 years

he dont mean now he means for the price Toon paid..

When liverpool spend big its because of player sales, we're always replacing and not adding like the top clubs are....

and no, of course i didnt mean the current table.. i mean the consistant top 7 from the past 4 or 5 years

he dont mean now he means for the price Toon paid..

Aye just saw lol

so easy to say now, but he even knew alot about them before their moves..

newcastle did a good bit of scouting and it worked out

Michu is another very cheap good player, you only ever know after you buy them in the first place

easy to look back the past few years and what we could have brought

Well that's just not true. Last season's transfers certainly weren't funded by player sales, since you spent way more than you received. Liverpool have plenty of money as a club, but by using it retardedly they've made a complete hash of it.

so easy to say now, but he even knew alot about them before their moves..

newcastle did a good bit of scouting and it worked out

Oh god don't perpetuate this myth. The likes of Papiss Cisse and Yohan Cabaye were well known quality players, the former having been scoring buckets in the Bundesliga and the latter being instrumental in Lille's run the to French title as well as a nailed-on French starter. Tiote was the only real 'unknown', and even he was had helped Twente to an Eredivisie title whilst playing in the Europa and Champions League.

Michu is another very cheap good player, you only ever know after you buy them in the first place

easy to look back the past few years and what we could have brought

That's fine to say, until you look at the startling regularity with which Liverpool's transfers have failed over the past three years, and expensively too. Cole, Carroll, Poulsen, Adam, Aquilani and Downing, all of them expensive through either wages or transfer fees (or both) and all of them failures to a man. The only transfers that have really been any good have been Suarez, Shelvey, Coates and Allen, and two of those were relatively low-risk, cheaper youngsters to build for the future with.

I don't blame FSG for not investing too much more money into transfers for Liverpool. Your scouting system is shocking, and the club is a money pit where transfers are concerned.

GodCubed, did you just read my mind? Everything you said I completely agree with. Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Ba were well known players and definately qualoty. Tiote was the only guy who I didn't know about. Face it LFC Marshall our scouting system and transfer policy is dire.

Back