The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I'd have taken a draw before this match, so I'm not too disappointing. But ffs must we always condemn ourselves through our own stupidity?

Brilliant performance by the reds, dominating the champions for large periods is no mean feat

Sturridge excellent, Carragher again excellent .. Shame Pepe made the mistake, but been very good last 2 months

Good run of fixtures coming up now, chance to get the points up

Gerrard has often given away possession in the middle of the pitch that have led to goals for the opposition.

Wow what a game. Argueably we deserved to win. Defence switched off for the first City goal, and Reina...well yeah.

I will say though, what a signing we have got in Sturridge! He hardly put a foot wrong today. We have looked a totally different team with him now. I feel we are playing the best football we have play in 2-3 years now.

We just lack that depth still. Like against Arsenal, come 60-70 minute, out high pressing tactic starts to take its toll on the players. Need to get a few more in in the summer and I feel we can start challenging for top 4 at the least.

I'd have taken a draw before this match, so I'm not too disappointing. But ffs must we always condemn ourselves through our own stupidity?

Gerrard has often given away possession in the middle of the pitch that have led to goals for the opposition.

You have to be the most negative fan i have ever seen

Was a very good performance, and one day you suddenly wake up and realise just how wrong you are about Gerrard

Absolutely gutted. I think we deserved maximum points from that performance today. Shame that **** always happen when we're so close to winning.

Wow what a game. Argueably we deserved to win. Defence switched off for the first City goal, and Reina...well yeah.

I will say though, what a signing we have got in Sturridge! He hardly put a foot wrong today. We have looked a totally different team with him now. I feel we are playing the best football we have play in 2-3 years now.

We just lack that depth still. Like against Arsenal, come 60-70 minute, out high pressing tactic starts to take its toll on the players. Need to get a few more in in the summer and I feel we can start challenging for top 4 at the least.

I agree whole-heartedly, I also think that Brendan Rodgers may need to start training the players to improve their concentration in games as it seems to be a problem for us atm.

Was a very good performance, and one day you suddenly wake up and realise just how wrong you are about Gerrard

Sorry Marshall but what RTW said about Gerrard was true. He was a passenger at the start of the season.

I didn't rate Gerrard at first just due to the fact that he was giving away possession needlessly, sometimes in crucial areas. I will however put my hands up and say he is our best performer so far alongside Lucas. As for negative, Reina was rash and again it's mistakes like that that set us back. But like I said I wasn't expecting much.

Good to see Rodgers taking the FM 13 approach-let the team gel and be patient with the tactics and it will come good lol.

Have to say, great game but what a performance from the Reds. do I not want to see what happens when we play them :S

Have to say happy for Rodgers too. He had doubters but he's proving them wrong

Sorry Marshall but what RTW said about Gerrard was true. He was a passenger at the start of the season.

We'll have to agree to disagree because i'm amazed people are actually thinking that,

was not at his best and has raised it, but was still creating everything Liverpool did, the fact we had no attack was the reason Gerrard didnt look like he does now

Hendo, Downing improved, and we have now added Sturridge .. start of the season we had one man, Suarez.

We'll have to agree to disagree because i'm amazed people are actually thinking that,

was not at his best and has raised it, but was still creating everything Liverpool did, the fact we had no attack was the reason Gerrard didnt look like he does now

Hendo, Downing improved, and we have now added Sturridge .. start of the season we had one man, Suarez.

You're probably the only person I have seen to rate Gerrard's early season form tbh. Fair play though I respect your opinion but Gerrard wasn't anything to shout about.

Onto more positive things,

What a performance from Daniel Sturridge. Outstanding

I didn't think he was terrible first half of the season, no where near playing as well as he is now. That being said though he was still one of the better players in the team and only really had Suarez playing well around him, Downing/Henderson were both playing like ***** back then and Allen who was playing decent isn't going to create much by himself.

Wasn't great but still one of the better ones in a poor group, glad to see things are finally starting to pick up now and Sturridge looks a completely different player from what he did at Chelsea.

Sturridge was a force, he not only has the physical strength and speed either. His passing, movement and dribbling ability were a sight to behold. A class act, and probably the key to our attack.

It does seem as though Sturridge and Suarez have been playing together for years. Their movement is great, and they pick each other out time and time again. Suarez should have scored when Sturridge picked him out in the first half

Fantastic by Aguero.

For those who didn't see it:

1359913124756.gif

Fantastic by Aguero.

For those who didn't see it:

1359913124756.gif

Not sure who the cretins on Sky Sports gave the man of the match award too today but I heard the stadium announcer say James Milner. For me Aguero was by far the best player on the pitch and was the only one who constantly looked like doing something. Credit to Carragher & Lucas for handling him for most of the match, shame Skrtel & Reina messed up for the equalizer.

I love Carragher's little jump at the end as he hopes it doesn't go in.

Back