The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Not sure who the cretins on Sky Sports gave the man of the match award too today but I heard the stadium announcer say James Milner. For me Aguero was by far the best player on the pitch and was the only one who constantly looked like doing something. Credit to Carragher & Lucas for handling him for most of the match, shame Skrtel & Reina messed up for the equalizer.
Think it was sturridge on SS1 MOTM mate.

Not sure how ref missed such a blatant foul on Dzeko which led to the first goal. Sturridge was excellent in the first half though (just watched first half). Looks like 12 Million well spent and when Chelsea are struggling for a striker they sold a good one for 12 M.

It's still early in his move, Sturridge showed glimpses of quality for Chelsea last season if you remember as well but he became lazy quick and selfish. Hopefully he doesn't revert back to his old ways for you guys.

I find it funny how a lot of people got really ****** off over the goal, yet fail to mention last week when Sturridge was fouled just before Oldham's second. Oh, football.

painful result, deserved more really. But individual mistakes have cost us badly this year, and will ultimately stop us from challenging for fourth.

I find it funny how a lot of people got really ****** off over the goal, yet fail to mention last week when Sturridge was fouled just before Oldham's second. Oh, football.

painful result, deserved more really. But individual mistakes have cost us badly this year, and will ultimately stop us from challenging for fourth.

Probably because lot of people didn't bother to watch that Oldham game, but were interested as this was against City.

Its funny how Liverpool fans comes up with all sort of conspiracy theories when United gets decision but makes reference to other incidents (which went against them, completely ignoring the decisions that went against United) when they get decisions in their favor.

Last edited:

Fourth maybe-however still 39 points to play for, and the teams above Liverpool are hardly consistent (except maybe Man Utd). At worst if I was Liverpool there's Europa League. And to be fair for Rodgers first spell in charge, bearing in mind the disastrous start, that's a **** of an achievement. And we're by no means guaranteed Europe either following a poor transfer window. It could come down to something as simple as injuries to key players that could determine the outcome for teams now-squad depth. But if Liverpool play the way they did today for the rest of the season still make Europe. Today the 2 points lost by City could cost them the title. Which will make me very happy

Fourth maybe-however still 39 points to play for, and the teams above Liverpool are hardly consistent (except maybe Man Utd). At worst if I was Liverpool there's Europa League. And to be fair for Rodgers first spell in charge, bearing in mind the disastrous start, that's a **** of an achievement. And we're by no means guaranteed Europe either following a poor transfer window. It could come down to something as simple as injuries to key players that could determine the outcome for teams now-squad depth. But if Liverpool play the way they did today for the rest of the season still make Europe. Today the 2 points lost by City could cost them the title. Which will make me very happy

I ****** hate the Europa league group stages! It really does get in the way quite a bit. Gets better of course when you get into the knock-outs. Kind of the reason I gave up my ticket for the Europa matches, thursday ones are awful. Especially the 6PM kick off ones.

Guess how Man City won the ball back before playing it forward to Dzeko? Yup, Suarez was dragged back right infront of the ref and he didn't get a foul.

I think a 7th/8th place finish is easily achievable. 4th will be very hard to get imo and we won't get it this season unfortunately but there is always next season :)

Seems harsh to put the blame on Reina.. Sure he made a mistake rushing out for no reason.. But Arguero's finish was awesome.. Not to mention the fact if Skrtel had actually taken the initiative to cover, rather the line rather than stand on the spot like a ****, it would have never of gone in. Skrtel is gash, wtf has happened to him?

Not sure who the cretins on Sky Sports gave the man of the match award too today but I heard the stadium announcer say James Milner. For me Aguero was by far the best player on the pitch and was the only one who constantly looked like doing something. Credit to Carragher & Lucas for handling him for most of the match, shame Skrtel & Reina messed up for the equalizer.

Sturridge deservedly won MOTM.. But the stadium announcers will always choose a home team player.. And they definitely wouldn't choose Sturridge!

I think a 7th/8th place finish is easily achievable. 4th will be very hard to get imo and we won't get it this season unfortunately but there is always next season :)

We proved today that we are good enough to compete.. We dominated from start to finish, but we keep shooting ourselves in the foot. We've thrown away two games we should have won against two of the strongest teams in the league.

Guess how Man City won the ball back before playing it forward to Dzeko? Yup, Suarez was dragged back right infront of the ref and he didn't get a foul.

Are you talking about Liverpool's first goal? If so then this is how they won it back.

Agger passed the ball to Suarez and Garcia made cleanest of interception, Milner got the ball and passed it to Dzeko. Then Agger fouled Dzeko.

If you are talking about City's first goal then ignore it.
w25highlightsbbcmotdman.gif

Seems harsh to put the blame on Reina.. Sure he made a mistake rushing out for no reason.. But Arguero's finish was awesome.. Not to mention the fact if Skrtel had actually taken the initiative to cover, rather the line rather than stand on the spot like a ****, it would have never of gone in. Skrtel is gash, wtf has happened to him?

Sturridge deservedly won MOTM.. But the stadium announcers will always choose a home team player.. And they definitely wouldn't choose Sturridge!

We proved today that we are good enough to compete.. We dominated from start to finish, but we keep shooting ourselves in the foot. We've thrown away two games we should have won against two of the strongest teams in the league.

I agree we have a good team, but I'm a bit worried about our depth up front and in midfield. Also apart from Carragher and Gerrard we don't have a leader who can rally the troops when we go a goal down although take nothing away from the team they have done well in my eyes and some such as Henderson and Downing have stepped up in recent times. Let's just hope Raheem stops being a tool now. :)

I also agree on Skrtel, he's been letting himself down these past few matches. Maybe he needs a few games to sit out and allow Coates/Carragher to step in.

I agree we have a good team, but I'm a bit worried about our depth up front and in midfield. Also apart from Carragher and Gerrard we don't have a leader who can rally the troops when we go a goal down although take nothing away from the team they have done well in my eyes and some such as Henderson and Downing have stepped up in recent times. Let's just hope Raheem stops being a tool now. :)

Need to stop being so inconsistent though. All very well playing well for 30 miniutes or 60 minutes. But if you drop the points in the remaining time, its irrelevant.

like against United, you didnt turn up for 55 minutes, and were very lucky not to have been finished off in that time (Lucas was outstanding)

Terrible, terrible error from Reina. Never needed to take that on ever.

Need to stop being so inconsistent though. All very well playing well for 30 miniutes or 60 minutes. But if you drop the points in the remaining time, its irrelevant.

like against United, you didnt turn up for 55 minutes, and were very lucky not to have been finished off in that time (Lucas was outstanding)

Terrible, terrible error from Reina. Never needed to take that on ever.

Too right Mike, we need to play like this against every team not just Arsenal and Man City. It's been a problem that has pervaded this team since at least Rafa's last season. Rodgers I think will improve the mentality, but it will take a long time for him to mend the damage :)

I don't know who to blame. I just ******* blame myself for watching football. I get so ****** off it isn't worth it any more. I'm going back to cricket. At least then I'm already too ****** to realise we've thrown a game away.

I'm honestly just glad we've had a fairly solid 90minutes against a top team for once, minus a couple of silly mistakes and the Reina thing we controlled the game pretty well at times.

Just need to add a little more depth to the team now.

Back