The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Been a brilliant first half, it is a weakened Swansea side, but ive not seen Liverpool dominate quite like this for a long while

70% possession for most the half, 22 shots at goal.. been a good watch.

However, we need a 2nd, you know Michu and others are likely to come on if the game is still tight scoreline wise

Anyone who is not watching the game needs to see the third goal from Enrique.

Fantastic team play involving Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge and Enrique. top goal

Well, 7 changes for Swansea so it's basically their reserves. But good game for Coutinho to be introduced to and Swansea are looking all at sea right now.

EDIT: 4-0 as I write this.

Anyone who is not watching the game needs to see the third goal from Enrique.

Fantastic team play involving Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge and Enrique. top goal

Yeah, probably our goal of the season (so far). Was beautiful.

To be fair the last time Swansea played so s**t was in the championship and they only played this s**t twice in the 2010/11 season. Even when they were in league one they barely played this s**t.

A good win, sure they're a weakened team but you can only play what's in front of you.

Forget the fact they had a weaker team, too many people focus on the negatives

The fact Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez is now our attack, and when our first team is fit we look like we can match anyone, see Arsenal and City games for that

Just add depth and perhaps a new winger and we will improve massively.

Didn't mean to sound negative Marshall. It's still a very impressive win and beating anyone 5-0 is good imo.

Ah ok, I still agree with you mind :) I guess people won't be calling for Rodgers' head though... for now

Glad to see Sturridge has started his Liverpool career brightly really wish Chelsea gave him more opportunities upfront.

Glad to see Sturridge has started his Liverpool career brightly really wish Chelsea gave him more opportunities upfront.

Player playing well when played in natural position!!!!! Who ever thought that would work!

Player playing well when played in natural position!!!!! Who ever thought that would work!

You have a point although I'm still surprised at how well Sturridge has started. It's not just playing up front which has contributed to his great form- he seems to have become much more of a team player since joining Liverpool, and striking up a promising looking partnership with Suarez is of course a major boost.

Even playing out of position at Chelsea he put in some good performances and managed to score a fair few. Was one of our top scorers last season and one of our better performers in the first half of the season playing at RW. Can see him coming back to haunt us when we play Liverpool in the future :(

Even playing out of position at Chelsea he put in some good performances and managed to score a fair few. Was one of our top scorers last season and one of our better performers in the first half of the season playing at RW. Can see him coming back to haunt us when we play Liverpool in the future :(

Looks a steal at the price payed for him.
I'll admit I didn't want him to join but seeing how he's changed in a much better team player and the way he works with Suarez, very pleased he has now. What I can only presume is that his selfish ways have been a knock on effect of being overlooked at Chelsea for so long, constantly played out of position or way down the pecking order.

So 6 months is enough time to judge, i bet most wasn't saying this when AVB got just over 6 months at Chelsea? Rafa wasn't given a chance because he is disliked, always has been and always will be.

Your squad whilst he was gaffer was shockingly poor, the previous manager/board sold two of your most influential players (Alonso and Mascherano). Roy was given the task to try and steady the club and lets say maybe a stage of transition which cannot be done in just 6 months. As much as you hate to admit it at big clubs like Liverpool are as much as the fans say at the start of the season "we will back z manager as we know we are building for the future" a few poor results follow a run of decent results which the fans thought "maybe we are back already" and expectation sets in.

Get out the thread. You're too uneducated to even respond to.

Back