The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Jacko, I'll gladly take Rafa from you. I actually still think he could do a job for us.

How can you judge Brendan Rodgers when this season isn't even over?

Furthermore his philosophy takes at least a season to fully implement and stamp into the squad.

What were you expecting this season? I know no one realistically expected Champions League football, you are still in contention for Europa League place... which in fairness is about right for your squad of players.

Judge Rodgers after next season.... he has gone through most the season without two ****** strikers...

Even if you did sack Rodgers (ridiculously imo) after one season where would you turn to? Klopp? Not a chance in the world. Rafa? Chelsea manager for longer than you may think.. I can see him being in charge next season. Unless someone radically out of the blue with a high rep wants to take a gamble at Chelsea,

Last edited:
As for Hodgson... he nearly crushed my faith in football lol.

Really odd to me... I think he wasn't give enough time though. 6 months is nothing in football, Liverpool wasn't exactly in a great position when he joined in terms of squad quality.

Hodgson has got to a Europa League final with Fulham... look at the football England have been playing of late as well. More blame needs to be put on the players but the quality just isn't there apart from the odd players for the expectations Liverpool fans want... such as Champions League football. Need some great signings in the summer to even be in contention for top 4 next season.

Really odd to me... I think he wasn't give enough time though. 6 months is nothing in football, Liverpool wasn't exactly in a great position when he joined in terms of squad quality.

Hodgson has got to a Europa League final with Fulham... look at the football England have been playing of late as well. More blame needs to be put on the players but the quality just isn't there apart from the odd players for the expectations Liverpool fans want... such as Champions League football. Need some great signings in the summer to even be in contention for top 4 next season.

The football was painful to watch, the results were shocking and the signings were quite frankly laughable

i thought it was a good appointment at first, but it didnt work out

Personally I want us to keep Rodgers and see where next season goes (I'm actually reserving some quiet optimism). As for Hodgson... Marshall said all that needed to be said. The man did make me disillusioned with the good game for a short while, so I am grateful for Dalglish being able to turn things around so quickly.

I would like to keep with Rodgers,

chopping and changing managers eventually does not pay off, Chelsea is the prime example.. they have been through every top manager possible and still managed to sack the majority

Was just saying IF, i would love the return of Rafa

Why because we don't like someone, oh the sin! Remember the way your lot treated Hodgson not so long back, doomed from day one! Also lets not get onto worst supporters because it could get very messy and it will upset a lot of people. We have never liked Rafa and never will do, why is that so bad?

Sorry but Roy was given full backing from everybody until we realised that he was useless.

Sorry but Roy was given full backing from everybody until we realised that he was useless.

I wanted to believe in Roy, but I genuinely believe we would have finished 14th-17th with him at the helm. And the man signed the worst Liverpool player in a shirt I have ever seen in Konchesky.

we certainly didnt hold banners saying Roy out in his first game, or boo our own striker when he is out of form ( yet still their 2nd top goalscorer )

I wanted to believe in Roy, but I genuinely believe we would have finished 14th-17th with him at the helm. And the man signed the worst Liverpool player in a shirt I have ever seen in Konchesky.

not too forget Christian Poulsen

top player

We gave Hogson a good 6 months with no signs of improvements. You've given Rafa a mere 6 weeks and think he's the worst thing since JT's *** drive.

So 6 months is enough time to judge, i bet most wasn't saying this when AVB got just over 6 months at Chelsea? Rafa wasn't given a chance because he is disliked, always has been and always will be.

Your squad whilst he was gaffer was shockingly poor, the previous manager/board sold two of your most influential players (Alonso and Mascherano). Roy was given the task to try and steady the club and lets say maybe a stage of transition which cannot be done in just 6 months. As much as you hate to admit it at big clubs like Liverpool are as much as the fans say at the start of the season "we will back z manager as we know we are building for the future" a few poor results follow a run of decent results which the fans thought "maybe we are back already" and expectation sets in.

Jacko, I'll gladly take Rafa from you. I actually still think he could do a job for us.

Same here mate i think he could do a decent job for you too. I had question marks over his ability to succeed at Chelsea not just on a personal level but him as a man manager and stuborness wouldn't go down well. But its obvious he loves Pool with a passion unlike us and he can be a decent manager no doubt, he has made some decent calls at Chelsea i'll grant him that but they are few and far between. I would quite happily do a gaffer swap with you right now and i think both sets of fans would be content with it.

Same here mate i think he could do a decent job for you too. I had question marks over his ability to succeed at Chelsea not just on a personal level but him as a man manager and stuborness wouldn't go down well. But its obvious he loves Pool with a passion unlike us and he can be a decent manager no doubt, he has made some decent calls at Chelsea i'll grant him that but they are few and far between. I would quite happily do a gaffer swap with you right now and i think both sets of fans would be content with it.

Not sure I believe Chelsea fans would be happy with Rodgers (mind you to most he isn't Rafa so that's good ;)) But honestly Jacko, I won't begrudge your hatred of Rafa as while he is a good manager with a proven track record, football is an emotional, rather than rational sport.

I understand therefore why you don't like him, although I do genuinely think he is trying his best to make things work at Chelsea.

Reina
Glen - Carra - Agger - Enrique
Lucas - Gerrard
Downing - Suarez - Coutinho
Sturridge

Looking very good, squad coming together when everyone is fit, reason why i would prefer rodgers to have at least one more season.

would like to see another winger come in the squad though, and then in terms of first 11 would be very happy, just depth needed then

Reina
Glen - Carra - Agger - Enrique
Lucas - Gerrard
Downing - Suarez - Coutinho
Sturridge

Looking very good, squad coming together when everyone is fit, reason why i would prefer rodgers to have at least one more season.

would like to see another winger come in the squad though, and then in terms of first 11 would be very happy, just depth needed then

marshall is that the actuall team to start today, if so im looking forward to coutinho

Back