The Liverpool Thread

Id go for Sanchez for 15-20 Million and Arda Turan forr about 8 M. The only reason the 30 million was mentioned was to try scare us off bidding for the player and make him unhappy. Udenise wont get anything near that money for him. I also like the look of Eden Hazard and Gervinho....

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

We still got Kuyt, he's still pretty good for the next season or two. So it's mainly the Right Wing we need to strengthen IMO.

Kuyt plays best on the right wing? We need left wing.

****, got it mixed up >.<
Ment left wing XD

I think Adam Johnson and Elia would be good signings as they have the pace and crossing ability to set up suarez and carroll

and why would City sell Adam Johnson?

If Liverpool are going to sign a winger in the summer it will most likely be Ashley Young imo.

Sanchez would be a great signing. Turan to, but i somehow i doubt Hazard would join Liverpool, even though i'd love to have him.

I Would Not Mind Liverpool Signing Any Of These Wingers In The Summer
Sanchez
Turan
Elia
Young
Downing
Johnson
Wright-Phillips
N'Zogbia
Chamberlain

Well, i think we need to focus on the Left Back problem first. Konchesky is *****, Aurelio isn't getting any younger and idk about Insua.

Liverpool has actually been rumoured after Chelsea's Zhirkov. Just doubt that'll happen.

what wingers would you like us to sign in the summer
id like us two sign Eljero Elia and Alexis Sanchez

Ugh, Elia said he'd rather join United. Would like to see Hazard and Marin, can't see Hazard coming though considering Real Madrid's interest. Bryan Ruiz possibly, although he scores more than he assists, cutting in from the right.

Well, i think we need to focus on the Left Back problem first. Konchesky is *****, Aurelio isn't getting any younger and idk about Insua.

Liverpool has actually been rumoured after Chelsea's Zhirkov. Just doubt that'll happen.

Michal Kadlec is one of our big targets.

I Would Not Mind Liverpool Signing Any Of These Wingers In The Summer
Sanchez
Turan
Elia
Young
Downing
Johnson
Wright-Phillips
N'Zogbia
Chamberlain

The bolded ones I'd like to see at the club for the right price.

Amazes me how people blast the signing of Carroll.

Yes, we over-paid, but that doesn't mean he's going to be a bad player.
It was deadline day, what did you really expect?

Plus, if you look at our January Ins & Outs, i think we spent a grand total of £2.7m, so Carroll cost very little tbf if you look at it from a business sense.

and why would City sell Adam Johnson?

If Liverpool are going to sign a winger in the summer it will most likely be Ashley Young imo.

City might not want to sell him - but he will want to leave at this rate.

If he is to become a regular for England - which he is capable of - he needs to play regularly, I'd love Adam Johnson at Anfield.

We definately need a central defender -maybe Ryan Shawcross, or Gary Cahill - although pricey.
We need a left winger - Adam Johnson preferably - if not Ashley Young.
A left back along the lines of Fabio Coentrao, and maybe a central midfielder - in Charlie Adam possibly.

Alot of money to be spent - don't expect us to get all of the positions we need - but should Kenny not get the job, It would be likely the replacement would bring in some ex players - maybe if it was Villas Boas we could get someone like Fernando?

People are missing the point on Andy ,Nesv already said that they would not sell torres unless they got 15 mil more than they had to pay for Andy thats why the Torres to Chelsea deal went down to the wire on deadline day.Is 35 mil to much ask me in 10yrs ,did Fergie not pay 30mil for Rio 10 yrs ago.

CB: Ryan Shawcross/Simon Kjaer
LB: Michal Kadlec/Fabio Coentrao
CM: Charlie Adam/Moussa Sissoko
LW: Marko Marin/Valentin Stocker

Hopefully get rid of Martin Skrtel/Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Glen Johnson, Paul Konchesky, Fabio Aurelio/Emiliano Insua, Alberto Aquilani, Maxi Rodriguez, David N'gog.

CB: Shawcross, Cahill
LB: Coentrao, Baines
CM: Sissoko, M'Villa
LW: Ashley Young

CB: Ryan Shawcross/Simon Kjaer
LB: Michal Kadlec/Fabio Coentrao
CM: Charlie Adam/Moussa Sissoko
LW: Marko Marin/Valentin Stocker

Hopefully get rid of Martin Skrtel/Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Glen Johnson, Paul Konchesky, Fabio Aurelio/Emiliano Insua, Alberto Aquilani, Maxi Rodriguez, David N'gog.

You have a good point, but what bothers me : Why Glen Johnson? He's a pretty decent player.

City might not want to sell him - but he will want to leave at this rate.

If he is to become a regular for England - which he is capable of - he needs to play regularly, I'd love Adam Johnson at Anfield.

We definately need a central defender -maybe Ryan Shawcross, or Gary Cahill - although pricey.
We need a left winger - Adam Johnson preferably - if not Ashley Young.
A left back along the lines of Fabio Coentrao, and maybe a central midfielder - in Charlie Adam possibly.

Alot of money to be spent - don't expect us to get all of the positions we need - but should Kenny not get the job, It would be likely the replacement would bring in some ex players - maybe if it was Villas Boas we could get someone like Fernando?
Was talking to Zeb abut this recently, Liverpool are certainly after Young, and it is believed that the player that United failed to sign in january was also Ashley Young.

Ben, Hazard wont to Madrid, he has already stated wherever he goes he must be playing regular first team football (and specifically mentioned Arsnel and United becuase they favour youth, not saying it makes thse sides favourites mind) so Liverpool have a fair shot

I would say no on charlie adam think he is another steve sidwell,we need a cm in the mould of xabi alonso .

I would say no on charlie adam think he is another steve sidwell,we need a cm in the mould of xabi alonso .

Charlie Adam is in the mould of Xabi Alonso...

You have a good point, but what bothers me : Why Glen Johnson? He's a pretty decent player.

He's awful at left and right back, constantly out of position and isn't even that good going forward anymore.

I admit Charlie is having a good season but i do not think he is for real.He might be in the mould but he is no where near as good as xabi was,i meant we need someone who is as good as xabi.

well from what i herd torres wanted to go to cheslea in a week before deadline and apparently he was alreadying in talks with him same goes for andy carroll but to liverpool bt the only reasion dey moved deadline day is because we wanted chelsea to make the move first to buy torres so we can get carroll ..soo if yu think about it we had a week to fight a replacement to on the last day and if i was the manager i would of brought aguero and buy out his clause witch is 39m and then move for him in deadline i think him ans suarez wud of been a better outcome and now that hes got offered a new contract means next seaion his buyout clause is gonna be worse because clubs want him this transfer in the summer

At the moment Carroll is over priced yes but i believe and i hope he will become an absolute beast of a striker. Liverpool for me at the moment have a great 4-6 players and they need more but they are rebuilding so lets just wait and see what happens.

If we're talking wingers, Hazard has to be first choice. Failing that, Turan/Sanchez/Young would fit the bill of exactly Kenny wants to play next season (Being a lop-sided 4-4-2).

Carroll - Yes he was expensive, but there's a premium for English players now and Newcastle knew exactly what they were doing, they knew we needed a striker, as did every other club so no matter who we signed, the price was always going to be extortionate.

Players needed, at the least we need a new LB, commanding CB and a LW. Then, and only then can I see us getting back into the top four. For left back I can maybe see Criscito/Taiwo (Who I believe is on a free at the end of the season), CB - Someone like Samba to partner Agger, I just can't cope with Carraghers hoofs anymore, we need to start phasing him out and start implementing him in a coaching role. And LW, Hazard has to be the main target.

RE Anfield, I definitely feel redevoloping Anfield would be the best idea, but so much work is needed it's unreal; We need a lot more corporate boxes, and under Rick Parry in the 90's this is where we fell miles and miles behind United; whilst they expanded etc, we sat there just waiting for something to happen. When United started to expand, we should have followed suit, but they left us for dust. This is where NESV need to do a lot of work in getting us back on a level playing field. Especially with the FFP rules coming in soon.

This aside, things look a lot better and Dalglish (Whilst I was sceptical at first), needs to be given a permanent contract. He has done what I expected him to do in unifying the squad and getting us all pointing in the same direction, but he's also better that showing that he is still ''tactically with it'' out-classing the likes of Ancelotti.

I for one am optimistic, so should other reds as well.

YNWA.