The Liverpool Thread

Albrighton > Young.

Just imagine Albrighton's crosses with Carroll in the box.

we have a problem at let back Baines would do a good job even doh Johnson has done well there we need two wingers with pace that can beat players id love us to get Hazard and Sanchez doubt we would get both of them

Baines wouldn't join because Everton are rivals with L'pool. We should aim for someone else, Taiwo or Michal Kadlec would do. Wingers are desperately needed and Young or Albrighton would both be good too. Albrighton would be better though, he's English and younger. Adam would be good for Midfield too, we lack a lot of creativity there. Hopefully, Aquilani will come back and adapt to English football or he should leave.

Baines wouldn't join because Everton are rivals with L'pool. We should aim for someone else, Taiwo or Michal Kadlec would do. Wingers are desperately needed and Young or Albrighton would both be good too. Albrighton would be better though, he's English and younger. Adam would be good for Midfield too, we lack a lot of creativity there. Hopefully, Aquilani will come back and adapt to English football or he should leave.

I don't think creativity is a problem under Kenny to be honest, especially with the way he plays. Next season we'll be playing a 4-4-2, Lucas and Meireles in the centre and Gerrard I assume out on the right with a pacey winger on the left. Meireles is more than capable of being able to create chances if given the opportunity. We need a left back, that's for sure, and a left sided midfielder, then I feel we'll be able to challenge for a top four place. LB I'd like to see Coentrao, please correct me if I am mistaken but Benfica have got Taiwo on a pre-contract agreement? And PLEASE Hazard left wing, I doubt it though so if not then Sanchez/Young/Albrighton would fit the bill, however I'm not sure how well Albrighton would cope on the left, he strikes me more of a right sided midfielder who will hit the byline at pace and then produce a quality cross. And at the moment, that is what we are lacking.

Would be a great bit of business for Liverpool if they did manage to sign Jose Enrique but huge backward step for us. Liverpool will get a quality left back who will give 110% every game. He will offer support to the left winger and overlap or if Liverpool play a tight midfield or diamond he will bomb forward and offer an option out wide. Jose...Jose,Jose,Jose...Jose...Jose!!!

Adam is a great player but we already have 2 quality attacking CM's in Gerrard and Meireles, it's width we need, we have already seen Meireles played left and right this season and he did well enough, but lets face it we all want a Young/Jarvis/Johnson/Hazard etc in that position. Maxi+Cole = no pace, can't cross......Gago would be a good signing but Lucas seems to have convinced most people as the holding midfielder (not me mind....). We need 3 wingers, so when one is injured we still have 2!!!!!!

Lucas seems to have convinced most people as the holding midfielder (not me mind....).

Sorry how has he not convinced you? He's been brilliant this season, and arguably our most consistent player!

What does he need to do to convince you that he is worthy or wearing the red of Liverpool?

We should definetly look into José Enrique. Quality player, and with our Left Back problem, the perfect solution. Hazard, Gervinho, i'd love to see at Liverpool. They could really add some quality to the game. Charlie Adam, has already said that he'd love to join Liverpool, because of Kenny. Sanchez is would probably be one of the best signings they could make right now. Just have my doubts about him coming to Liverpool.

Sanchez is even more expensive than Hazard? Yea, I agree about the wingers but maybe a decent backup for Meireles? Coentrao would provide pace for sure along with attacking quality but I thought Taiwo said his ideal destination was A.C. Milan?
EDIT: Lucas pretty much wraps up holding midfielder with Spearing able to step in.

Lucas has been brilliant this season. Definetly worthy of being a Liverpool player. He's got me convinced allright :p

I agree with the post above, if we dont manage to get Baines id love to see us go for Jose Enrique.Failing that either Clichy or Concetrao.
Looks like Gerrard will be playing on the right wing next season. So we need a world class left winger. My money is on either Sanchez or Hazard.If we cant get either of those 2 id go for Elia as hes unhappy at his club or Ashley Young. Then id get another winger to be rotated like Diego Perrotti as hes young and can play both wings.
Then we have a good firsst team and if we had the money go for a rotation CM and CB. My targets would be Scott Dann as hes a quality CB and Charlie Adam.
If we managed to secure them i wouldnt see us challenging for 4th,i could see us challenge for the league.
Its wishfull thinking but i can see us buying a lot before the end of our tax year ( july 31st i think) as it wont have an efect on FFP.

Sanchez is even more expensive than Hazard? Yea, I agree about the wingers but maybe a decent backup for Meireles? Coentrao would provide pace for sure along with attacking quality but I thought Taiwo said his ideal destination was A.C. Milan?
EDIT: Lucas pretty much wraps up holding midfielder with Spearing able to step in.

To be honest, I think both Hazard and Sanchez would cost around £30m each anyway; I'd say it's just down to presonal preference.

Could potentially get Adam as a back up to Meireles, however with the prospect of Aquilani coming back then I can't see it happening unless Aquilani leaves, which is looking more and more unlikely.

Oh apologies, it was my understanding that Taiwo had signed an agreement, having jsut researched yes you're right he would prefer a move to Milan but he isn't writing off signing with Benfica, which would in turn pave the way for us to make a bid for Coentrao.

Ageed with Lucas, has pretty much made that position his own, just needs to cut down on the silly fouls sometimes.

I dont reckon they would cost £30 M Alex.
I think i mentioned it above that that figure waas put on Sanchez to scare people off bidding. I could see either going for £20M a pop.

I think Sanchez Would be available for £20-25 mill

I dont reckon they would cost £30 M Alex.
I think i mentioned it above that that figure waas put on Sanchez to scare people off bidding. I could see either going for £20M a pop.

Hazard definitely will be around £30m.

Sanchez, honestly I can see going for at least £25m; Udinese have absolutely no need to sell.

No one's mentioned Marveaux yet. He's supposedly close to signing with Liverpool.

No one's mentioned Marveaux yet. He's supposedly close to signing with Liverpool.

Iv seen him once or twice and he hasnt been great imo. But he would be decent cover for the price hes been offered at. Really we need to be going for the best players available right now.

Yeah, i was thinking more along the lines as a backup player. He wouldn't be in Kenny's first team plans, but he'd be a decent backup.

Juve and Roma look to Aquilani (SSN.com)
Aquilani has enjoyed his time with Juventus, who are understood to want to keep the creative midfielder, but Zavaglia is not 100 per cent certain that an agreed fee will be paid to Liverpool before a 30th June deadline.

"The agreement between Liverpool and Juventus is already there. It all depends on the willingness of Juventus," Zavaglia told Radio Mana Mana.

He continued: "Maybe Juventus want to save something and Liverpool do not want to lose anything.

"But there is an expiration date, everything is organised.

"I think Aquilani will stay at Juventus and there will not be any obstacles."

It has been suggested that Roma will attempt to re-sign Aquilani in the summer, but Zavaglia thinks this is unlikely.

He said: "I don't think it is possible, but in football anything is possible."

Sanchez would cost more than Hazard imo. He is ripping defense in the Serie A, proved his class in the world cup and he would be more safer bet than Hazard.

I think both would cost around 20-25 Million, and Hazard might even cost less than that around 15-20, and if I'm not wrong he said he prefers Arsenal and Arsenal are interested in him too..

Let him stay there. He's done well at Roma, and Juventus but he hasn't impressed at Liverpool, imo