The Liverpool Thread

Officially the best in the World!

Inaugural winner-

EKzqDH2WsAEyyof.jpg

Congratulations to Messi on the Ballon d'Or. Another fantastic year statistically.

Fantastic achievement from big Virg to be the highest-ranked defender in 13 years.

Fantastic acknowledgement of the standing of the football club as the best in Europe to have 4 players in the top 7 with van Dijk 2nd, Sadio 4th, Mo 5th and Alisson 7th.

As for Ronaldo laughably coming third, the big man sums it up-

Last edited:
Cristiano scored less goals than Vardy this calendar year, shouldn't even be in top 10 not to mention top 3. What a joke.

From today's France Football. A mere 2 votes in it.

Translated-

GOLD BALLOON FF 2019

Lionel Messi won the Ballon d'Or France Football 2019 against Virgil van Dijk for only 7 points!
Winner of a sixth Golden Ball France Football in his career, Lionel Messi had also never had such a small lead in the final standings. Virgil van Dijk fails in fact to seven small points!

No, Virgil van Dijk will not succeed to Fabio Cannavaro, the last defender to have raised a Ball of Gold France Football, it was in 2006. But that the Dutch happened very, very close to raise the precious trophy. Second in BO 2019, he was named for the first time in his career, Liverpool defender has collected 679 points. A great performance, but not big enough to shade Lionel Messi who got 686 points, seven more units, only. One of the tightest Ballon d'Or France Football polls in history!

The longer the Ev's winless streak goes at Anfield, the more the Anfield Derby gives me pause. Law of averages says it has to end soon. And 20 years and 21 straight games is a heck of a long, winless run. You just hope and pray it's not this time.

Funny feeling going into this. Not through the fear of finally losing one per se. More, as much as this is always THE game you want to win more than ANY other every season if you're from/ still live in the City; the very fact that this IS this glorious City, following on from the court verdict last week, gives me the feeling I'll be emotionally all over the place again tomorrow night as we'll put rivalry aside and come together as one in a big show of Scouse pride and defiance against the rest of the Country and the Establishment in remembering our own. The plan for the mosaic the Kop looks boss. True Evertonian's have always been our closest allies over Sheffield and their compassion and support will never be forgotten. And the Justice banner for one from @PeterJMacca that's been widely circulated the last few days ..... Absolutely awesome and I can't thank proper Blues like him enough. In an ideal World, the absolute dickheads among their number will think twice tomorrow about resorting to their pathetic, disgraceful point-scoring over death as the game rolls on.

Here's to the mighty Reds making history and putting another one over the Blues.

Here's to reminding the rest of the Country this City stands as one in going nowhere from standing up for what's right.

The result of the Derby's mightly important. But in the great scheme of things, it really isn't.

Last edited:
And this is why any and all talk of the league being over in December is foolish.

They look totally focused and at it again tonight at Burnley.

Which can only be good for ourselves to have them pushing us all the way.

Back to an 8 point lead.

Derby day. And it's gonna' be another tough one-

EK4Q2ZAWsAY4QXH

A time to put rivalry aside and show the World just how special and united we are-

EK5On0sX0AEMVub

JFT96.

I just love Origi he's come on leaps and bounds that I'm ok with him leading the line if one of the front three were out for a significant period. I'd say I feel sorry for Ev but...

Normally good at these but I'm honestly running out of things to say about these historical, relentless Reds.

So let's leave it simple-

Soz abar us if you support one of the other 19 teams.

L'pool are boss.

Everton are *****.

Reds are buzzing off the best side in Europe by a Country mile doing ridiculous things to 'supposed' rivals in said rivals Cup Final. Whilst still, frighteningly, nowhere near hitting top form yet this season.

Blues Chrimbo is cancelled yet again by the Redshites reserve side.

Scouse Thursday's don't get ANY better than this!

Up the 5-Star Mighty Reds!

Who needs Ballon d'Or when you have something better - praise from best defender to ever stand on a football pitch. .....

As Klopp replied yesterday to being told that, 'It's like being crowned by the King!'

And this is a lad who's form has dipped this year from super-human to mere mortal. Whilst still being head and shoulders better than any other CH on the planet. Wonder if the imbeciles are still laughing at the fee?

Talking of, Christ knows the **** he'd be getting if he'd been playing as poor as Maguire has this year?

Last edited:
Jones and Elliott on the bench the PL. For the European Champions. Just about the hardest bench in all of Europe to get on. 18 and 16 years of age respectively.

Not enough can be said about that!

AWESOME to see.

Into these Redmen!

Absolute filth that second goal.

Thoroughly professional, dominant half from the most dominant side in Europe.

Foot off the gas and coast through this second half now with the biggie Tuesday in mind.

Up the 15 out of 16 Reds!

2 homegrown, young Scousers on the pitch wearing Red the last 15 for the best side in Europe.

It doesn’t get ANY better than that.