The Liverpool Thread

Wow that was genuinely one of the best halves of football I've ever seen. Breakneck pace, both teams fighting for every ball showcaing breathtaking ability to play quick and with precision in tight spaces.

******* **** what a rollercoaster this is.
This is what ****** me off about Atletico. They have top quality players who can play good football but Simeone seems hellbent on being remembered as the most defensive coach in the history of Sport. Let them play ffs!

This is what ****** me off about Atletico. They have top quality players who can play good football but Simeone seems hellbent on being remembered as the most defensive coach in the history of Sport. Let them play ffs!
I really dislike Simeone for that. He has amazing players, yet he drills them to play like they're 3 divisions down on their opponent. Like someone said, Joao Felix is the most expensive defender in the history.

I really dislike Simeone for that. He has amazing players, yet he drills them to play like they're 3 divisions down on their opponent. Like someone said, Joao Felix is the most expensive defender in the history.
You put someone like Nainglesmann I charge of Felix, Saul, Koke, Partey, Lemar, Carrasco, Costa, Correa, Gimenez, Oblak etc he would be giving the big 2 a run for there money in Spain

Craking game 25 minutes in. Atletico is a joy to watch if you're not having to play against them, superbly driled team.
We ran them ragged tbh and with a bit of luck wouldve won in 90mins. We know Adrian had a clanger in him but he won us the Supercup meh. Got dealt a smash n grab tonight but you cant win them all.

Yup, you can see they can play very intricate technical football if they actually try, but Simeone has them parking the double bus instead. Still, it worked today.

Anyhow, was a great game of fotoball, though I would say Atletico fully deserved to go through. First game they were a better team, today Liverpool looked dominant but 1st goal was an Adrian error and for next two goals the defense got outplayed 2 vs 4 and 2 vs. 6

You can play the pretiest football around, but you don't go through if you make so many mistakes.

You put someone like Nainglesmann I charge of Felix, Saul, Koke, Partey, Lemar, Carrasco, Costa, Correa, Gimenez, Oblak etc he would be giving the big 2 a run for there money in Spain
Which is the problem they have. His style of play is hard to get the players up for during a normal league game. But big cup comps like this they his team is made for.

3rd Atletico goal is just comical, Llorente and Morate are surrounded by 6 red shirts and still manage to get past them.
Chasing a goal and a high line will do that to you. Game shodve been over once we scored the second. The only way they were going to score tonight was a mistake. Which happened unfortunately.

Chasing a goal and a high line will do that to you. Game shodve been over once we scored the second. The only way they were going to score tonight was a mistake. Which happened unfortunately.
After Firmino scored that should of been it. But you over committed imo and left yourselves open at the back. Yes the mistake didn’t help also

After Firmino scored that should of been it. But you over committed imo and left yourselves open at the back. Yes the mistake didn’t help also
Well obviously you have to over commit if you're chasing an aggregate lead. Like I said imo we played the perfect game for 90mins and we're unlucky to go out. They created nothing and only scored of a mistake. Smash n grab of the highest order now lets hope they dont cancel the season as no football for the next two months is rather depressing.

Morata substitution changed the game. Before he came Atletico forwards were just being bullied, but you couldn't deal with Morata's pace and physicality as easy.

Couldn’t be prouder of L'pool tonight. MUCH the better team. Gave everything they had. Belter atmosphere. Just a tale of 2 goalies. Oblak had a Worldie whilst Adrian had the polar opposite. Can’t legislate for 2 keeper mistakes but that's football. Can’t win them all and congratulations to Atletico. Worked their socks off for 210 minutes. Massive respect for that. And their part in a superb game of football tonight. All the best for the rest of the competition.

Disappointed, naturally, but immensely proud.

Now let’s wrap the league up whilst we can still be there in the ground to see it!

Up the World Champion Reds!

Last edited:
Christ, that was cruel.
AM were hoofing that ball out like a Jack Charlton team of the 80's/90's and Liverpool were playing amazing football.

Tell yer what as well. The conditions were absolutely wild. Don't know how it came over the TV but coming out the ground after the wind was horrendous. Along with the driving rain.

Top respect to all the players for putting on such a super game of football in those conditions.

But as per the Times, that will be the last game we get to attend this season. Everythings set to go tomorrow behind closed doors.

Christ, that was cruel.
AM were hoofing that ball out like a Jack Charlton team of the 80's/90's and Liverpool were playing amazing football.

It's a bit more sophisticaated than just booting the football to the other half. Their tactical discipline when pressing is truly extraordinary, they never overcommit. They press with maximum agression for a few seconds, but if it doesn't work they immidiately sprint back into formation. Simeone must have been Prussian drill sergeant in his past life.