The Liverpool Thread

So we've just closed down the last of our zoom sessions half hour or so back from tonights Derby. (A very boozy session so apologies for any mistakes.). I was the only one of our group who chose not to watch the game. (I've made my thoughts on this pretty clear I think on these here pages.). But as we decided to keep it open during the game, I just muted it both halves and happily read. But it was interesting seeing how the dynamic changed the longer the night went and the closer we both got to the game and through it. Everyone else was very bullish leading up to it. (Bear in mind this is the same group more or less than regularly gone all over together following the Reds for decades.). But the general consensus switched from the early positive joking about where we'd be at x hour and going through a normal Goodison derby match day. To 'this is proper weird. To 'this is just utter *****!' as soon as the game started and the stark realisation of the situation hits that you aren't there. With everyone left absolutely dreading Wednesday as missing a home game intensifies that tenfold.

I know it is what it is and we to get through but it just hammers home starkly again that football without fans really is NOTHING!!

Just trying to put more context to where I'm at with all this farce right now and why I can't get into watching it at all.

As for what sounds like one of the worst Derby's in living memory, 1 more point closer. 5 to go.

Up the Champions elect Reds!

So we've just closed down the last of our zoom sessions half hour or so back from tonights Derby. (A very boozy session so apologies for any mistakes.). I was the only one of our group who chose not to watch the game. (I've made my thoughts on this pretty clear I think on these here pages.). But as we decided to keep it open during the game, I just muted it both halves and happily read. But it was interesting seeing how the dynamic changed the longer the night went and the closer we both got to the game and through it. Everyone else was very bullish leading up to it. (Bear in mind this is the same group more or less than regularly gone all over together following the Reds for decades.). But the general consensus switched from the early positive joking about where we'd be at x hour and going through a normal Goodison derby match day. To 'this is proper weird. To 'this is just utter *****!' as soon as the game started and the stark realisation of the situation hits that you aren't there. With everyone left absolutely dreading Wednesday as missing a home game intensifies that tenfold.

I know it is what it is and we to get through but it just hammers home starkly again that football without fans really is NOTHING!!

Just trying to put more context to where I'm at with all this farce right now and why I can't get into watching it at all.

As for what sounds like one of the worst Derby's in living memory, 1 more point closer. 5 to go.

Up the Champions elect Reds!
Have to agree with you the intensity was part down to there being no fans legit felt like a testamonial let alone a pre season game.

Have to agree with you the intensity was part down to there being no fans legit felt like a testamonial let alone a pre season game.

Give us your rundown tomorrow ta mate. I appreciate the views.

Still no inclination in actually watching personally. At all.

Kop does look boss though. Not a manufactured, plastic flag insight or wool cardboard cut-out of someone.

well well done guy allmost there best footballing team i have seen in years would be nice to see the meltdown from city fans if you did win at there place

Give us your rundown tomorrow ta mate. I appreciate the views.

Still no inclination in actually watching personally. At all.

Kop does look boss though. Not a manufactured, plastic flag insight or wool cardboard cut-out of someone.
Ngl I didnt catch the game as life got in the way, saw the highlights and Salah looked in top form. Sorry I cant give you a low down of how we played.

No worries mate. The general consensus within our group was the best performance since Leicester boxing day.

Was just about to link the opta stat which is actually absurd. Just finished watching the extended highlights and Fabinho and Salah were the pick of the bunch along with young Neco who came on. Klopp post comments that it was the best counter pressing his seen in a closed stadium was entirely correct, also have to love his comments calling out Peps bluff lol.

Was just about to link the opta stat which is actually absurd. Just finished watching the extended highlights and Fabinho and Salah were the pick of the bunch along with young Neco who came on. Klopp post comments that it was the best counter pressing his seen in a closed stadium was entirely correct, also have to love his comments calling out Peps bluff lol.

Not too bad at this football lark are we?

Good luck City tonight.

Not really arsed either way when we ‘officially’ clinch something we’ve had won since Christmas, but in a perfect World City win tonight and we clinch it on the pitch either next Thursday or Villa.

1947 was the last time we clinched the league without playing I believe so hopefully, that stays beyond this season.

Bout ****** time lads :LOL:
Sincerely, enjoy it.

The world is full of so much poxology at the moment. I've mates who are Liverpool fans and I couldn't be happier.
Get the beers in :)

All of this is possible because of Jurgen ******* Klopp. That is all.