The Liverpool Thread

Half-time substitute Thiago completed more passes (75) than any Chelsea player managed in the entire match.

Since full passing data is available for the Premier League (2003-04), his 75 successful passes are the most by a player who played a maximum of 45 minutes.

Best in the F World bar NONE!

I do feel for Frank a little. They basically bought half a team but no one ever considered how replacing half the team could affect the overall team chemistry. Needs to build overtime but the question is will he be given that time? Seeing how the Sack happy abramovic treated Grant, I doubt it

Half-time substitute Thiago completed more passes (75) than any Chelsea player managed in the entire match.

Since full passing data is available for the Premier League (2003-04), his 75 successful passes are the most by a player who played a maximum of 45 minutes.

Best in the F World bar NONE!
He also gave away more penalties than any other Chelsea player ?

Tbh it was a bs penalty from a ref who had a shocker.

Yeah, I wouldn't have given it but we live in a strange era where soft pens are given. Wouldn't have also given a pen for Lindelof "handball" yesterday but such is life

But on a more serious note, I was impressed with Thiago regardless. The conviction with his passes is excellent. Will only get better while he slowly builds chemistry with his team mates

I do feel for Frank a little. They basically bought half a team but no one ever considered how replacing half the team could affect the overall team chemistry. Needs to build overtime but the question is will he be given that time? Seeing how the Sack happy abramovic treated Grant, I doubt it
That’s why I never understood other club fans getting over impressed by all these signings. Football ain’t so simple as signings mean progress. It will only get worse if they make the 2/3 more rumoured about.

That’s why I never understood other club fans getting over impressed by all these signings. Football ain’t so simple as signings mean progress. It will only get worse if they make the 2/3 more rumoured about.
Fans seem to think new signings (especially from foreign leagues) will work out like FIFA but there are a lot a variables. Not every new signing will make an instant impact like say Bruno Fernandes. There are some signings that will find the transition a lot harder than others. Havertz looks like he needs a season or two.

Yeah, I wouldn't have given it but we live in a strange era where soft pens are given. Wouldn't have also given a pen for Lindelof "handball" yesterday but such is life

But on a more serious note, I was impressed with Thiago regardless. The conviction with his passes is excellent. Will only get better while he slowly builds chemistry with his team mates
If you think Lindelofs one was bad you should see the penalty given against spurs today on Doherty.

Look at Kepa For a prime example of a bad big buy.

They don’t want him but are completely stuck with him down to the absurd fee they paid and salary they have him on.

Fabinho MOTM for me. Kept Werner in his pocket and showed why I dont really think we need a 4th choice cb.

I hate the '4th choice CB' line.

If Brighton had not been greedy and they'd have signed the one they wanted, White. Or if Schalke deal on the offer on the table for the Turkish lad, they'd be coming in to add quality competition to challenge JMG and Matip. People (not you. I know why you phrased it like that), have this mad need to 'bracket' things.

But yeah, Fabinho's that intelligent a player he's sound there. Played there for Monaco on a few occasions. Plays RB for Brazil more often than not. Drops in as a CH nearly every game for ourselves when we split the standard 2 wide with the FB's pushed on. He's well versed in being positionally sound to defend and play out from the back.

Last edited: