The Liverpool Thread

@Anthony

I've just seen the Sheffield United non-penalty disgrace at Fulham Saturday. That was even worse than the joke penalty for Calvert-Lewin kneeing Trent in the head and then going over him in our game. (F knows what anyone thinks Trent's supposed to do there all in the same movement of getting kneed in the back of the head?). The Fulham keeper just stops short of going full Pickford/ van Dijk as he completely takes him out Hong Kong Phooey style with absolutely zero intent to play the ball. Disgraceful decision.

Like I said previously, I can't buy into this conspiracy bunkum that officials are specifically targetting L'pool as it's just rank bad across the league for every team. Every game.

You know the last English referee invited to a major summer tournament? Graham Poll. In the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. ELEVEN F years ago! Even the clowns at FIFA and UEFA recognise the standard of English officiating is at an all-time low.

All the best to Alisson, hope he gets time off. Really sad news about his father.

Did we make a deal with the Devil to end the title drought?

The season from H ell continues.

Utterly heartwrenching news. 57 man. God rest.

Take as long as you need mate. Football doesn't matter AT ALL through such a devastating, tragic time as this.

Last edited:
Jeez, there is no good way to go but that seems one of the worst. Condolences to him and his family.

I know we had a bit of luck last season, and they stuck luck evens out, but jeez the way its going this season, we will win the league with a 100% win record next season!

Awful to hear the news about Ali's dad. Another wretched thing on the list of things that has happened this season. And all of this in a season without the fans. I dont think we would be in half as bad a position if the world was in a normal place right now. This has really highlighted the importance of the 12th man for us.

The young phenom was at it again Tuesday evening. 5 goals/ 9 assists and counting in the Championship through 26 games (18 Starts)-

Being as both Harvey is nailed on to be a big part of our future, and how well Sepp van den Berg has developed this year for the 23's now he's settled over here, I chose to sit down and watch the young Dutchman in the Preston/ QPR game the same evening. Which was a very good game of football for a Championship 0-0.

It was proper strange to see him in a right-back role but all told it was a good first full outing after a mere 18 mins as a sub-prior for Preston.

He naturally got caught a couple of times over the top down the line, but in the main was solid both defensively and in possession, Covering well the backside. And he was a real threat round the back from corners in the air. He put in one belter deep cross that should have been converted by the best player on the park on loan from the Ev. Anthony Gordon who was really impressive on his 20th Birthday. But I digress .....

Good first full 90 at this level for Sepp who grew more and more into the game the longer it rolled. (He lead all Preston players in touches/ passes completed tackles and interceptions. Wih the joint-most chances created.). Which hopefully will lead to a run of games now the rest of this year and Preston taking up their option to extend his loan into a second season.

Oh, as a personal aside, it was both surprising and utterly brilliant to hear Alan Parry doing the commentary of the game. I grew up listening to him on Radio Merseyside bringing home the excitement, in particular, of away European ties from under the duvet with a torch and a little transistor radio on a school night haha.

Happy days. Brilliant to find out he's still working.

After a weekend of almost perfect results, over to the Champions to (hopefully) take advantage at the start of a massive week that could well bring as high as second right back into play by the end of it.

The Kelleher rumours were right then with Adrián back in nets. Half hoped for a Davies sighting but not to be. Would have liked to have seen Naby Lad starting personally with Gini running on empty.. But not much more we could have done with the lack of bodies.

Straight into these 3-sub gobshites Redmen!

Frustrating half through which the Reds should be out of sight. But of course Ramsdale decides to remember he’s a goalie again with a great 45.

Same again second-half Redmen. With a little more clinical finishing aye boys?

Last edited:
Don’t yer just love straightforward wins where the Reds do what they are supposed to do as the far more talented side? Been a while. Almost forgot what these felt like in 2021.

Excellent display at a real tough ground to go regardless of Sheffields season. ( I have them bouncing straight back. They’re a FAR better side than the league position. Just been decimated by injury like ourselves.). An excellent start to a mammoth week. Which allied to other results has changed the whole top 4 complexion again. And nice to finally get some luck go in our favour and not the oppositions for once. Hopefully that trend continues.
That one was for Alisson. Stay strong mate. May God look over you and yours at this trying, terribly sad time for you all.

See you when you’re ready to return.

Up the CL charging Reds!

Last edited: