The Liverpool Thread

Don’t yer just love straightforward wins where the Reds do what they are supposed to do as the far more talented side? Been a while. Almost forgot what these felt like in 2021.

Excellent display at a real tough ground to go regardless of Sheffields season. ( I have them bouncing straight back. They’re a FAR better side than the league position. Just been decimated by injury like ourselves.). An excellent start to a mammoth week. Which allied to other results has changed the whole top 4 complexion again. And nice to finally get some luck go in our favour and not the oppositions for once. Hopefully that trend continues.
That one was for Alisson. Stay strong mate. May God look over you and yours at this trying, terribly sad time for you all.

See you when you’re ready to return.

Up the CL charging Reds!
What's your opinion on Kabak so far Scouse? ngl I'm not really that impressed from looking at him from just a defensive point of view. He is extremely rash and his positioning is erratic, a terrible striker like Mcburnie was running off him constantly and getting in behind. Granted he has come from a side that was losing every game in the Bundesliga but yikes he is very very raw for a player that has played a season or two in a top 5 league.

What's your opinion on Kabak so far Scouse? ngl I'm not really that impressed from looking at him from just a defensive point of view. He is extremely rash and his positioning is erratic, a terrible striker like Mcburnie was running off him constantly and getting in behind. Granted he has come from a side that was losing every game in the Bundesliga but yikes he is very very raw for a player that has played a season or two in a top 5 league.

Well, as you've partly alluded to, I think context needs adding and people need a realistic grasp of the kid and our situation.

He's 20 with not even 3 seasons of professional football under his belt so my expectations of him weren't that high to begin with. As with all young, developing players, not least young defenders, he's going to make mistakes as he learns and they'll be as many dips as there are highs. What it is, is a fantastic deal to get the chance to try him out for 4/5 months and see what he's like day in, day out for a minimal sum. With a low fee to make it permanent if he does earn the move.

So I'm just viewing him as a young, raw guy with a ton of potential. Dropped into a horrible situation with a different partner most every game and uncertainty in front of him. One of those where I've not much expectation given the context of the whole situation so I'm not rushing to pass judgment. If he works out, sound. Big bonus. If he doesn't, we've lost nottin'.

And, as expected, he's been a mixed bag thus far. Some good, Some bad. I thought he was excellent against Leipzig. Not so much the Derby. But then the wind was ridiculous here that night and losing the Captain early didn't help him. (I blame Thiago more than anyone for the opener with his mad header to nobody.). One thing that has stood out to me is he's getting caught on the wrong side of his opponent in open play. Just getting his positional play all wrong as you noted. Again, that's an experience thing. But it's been noticeable.

I'd be tempted to drop the line 5 yards deeper to offer him more security. Tonight helped with the double pivot of Gini and Thiago in a nice little tweak from Jürgen. So keep doing things along those lines to give Kabak and Davies/ Phillips as much help back there as is possible.

Not being too helpful I guess but I wouldn't be looking to judge him until the season's done. And then it needs to be with the context of both his young rawness and everything else we're having to deal with and overcome as a team. It's far from the ideal circumstance for him or ourselves but this is where we are at.

I think there's potential there. But you're going to have to take the rough with the smooth whilst it develops if we stick with him.

And even if one of he or Davies (if he ever stays healthy enough to like play a F game!) stick, we still need to be adding the long-term target, whoever that may be, in the summer at CH that they couldn't get last summer.

I will say one thing Scouse that I hope whoever plays at the back for the rest of the season plays alongside Nat Phillips. He has seriously impressed me on the defensive side of the game and it's such a shame that having a defender who can actually defend is seen as a throwback. Plus its lovely watching him bully forwards in the air.

I will say one thing Scouse that I hope whoever plays at the back for the rest of the season plays alongside Nat Phillips. He has seriously impressed me on the defensive side of the game and it's such a shame that having a defender who can actually defend is seen as a throwback. Plus its lovely watching him bully forwards in the air.

Much more of that and Utd will want him as a Maguire upgrade.

Another bang mediocre foptballer but one who can actually defend.

Much more of that and Utd will want him as a Maguire upgrade.

Another bang mediocre foptballer but one who can actually defend.
To be fair to Nat he is growing in confidence on the ball but I'm not expecting no fancy step overs haha.

Does he ever NOT find the perfect words? 🙏🏻❤️

1614798344253.png

And away goals count. Despite neither team having a 'home' advantage.

Is this the first-ever two-legged European tie played at the same neutral venue for both legs?

The absolute farce continues.

WOOT! Fabulous and Jota back! Getting that little bit stronger by the passing game.

Time to take advantage of more slip-ups by overachieving teams Redmen.

I'll personally be very disappointed if we don't take full advantage and take 3 points. These are as bang average as Utd and Leicester and are only making up the top 4 chase down to the perfect storm of a season for them. If any of those 3 were much cop, an injury-ravaged L'pool side wouldn't be anywhere near them.

Straight into these soft Southern gob______ Reds! Time to let that humongous fraud Tuchel know just what the PL is all about!

Last edited:
Highly enjoyable, if frustrating, half of top level football.

Christensen fortunate Sadio stayed on his feet for what could well have been a peno if he hadn’t the first 10. I feel we then got away with one on the Werner off-side ‘goal.’ Belter finish from Mount.

Ebbing and flowing great. More goals in this.

Just haven’t got it in me after that shitshow of a second half from manager and players alike.

Best to turn in for the night rather than react in immediate fume.

Seriously disappointing and I’ll leave it at that.

Up the Reds! Frustrating btards that they are.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Just end the season. Lately I don't understand Klopps choices but it is what it is.

I just noticed how Chelsea constantly exploited the space left behind by TAA. Slick tactic from Tuchel

*See's all the 'Klopp OUT!' halfwits screaming the loudest all over social media. tunes out of the internet for the day.

Just can't be arsed with this ****.

Yeah seen more teams attack Pool down the left this season. TAA is good but his defensive work is far from top level.

Correct me if im wrong, but I dont remember there being the whole "They are bad champions" after Chelsea won in 14/15 and came 10th the next season, or when Leicester won in 15/16 and came 12th the next season? Some of the talk from the pundits is hilarious.

Chelsea did bounce back and win the league the following year though, so good omens and what not

Of course. Kabak's now injured.

Be interesting to see who gets to 30 first?

Mo in goals.

Or the different # of CH partnerships.