The Liverpool Thread

Say what u want(this is already more than just luck) but something must be off outside the pitch, in the training ground on med side.. You have two new players coming in fully healthy and boom injured.

I just noticed how Chelsea constantly exploited the space left behind by TAA. Slick tactic from Tuchel

He honestly did nottin' different to what Dyche, Potter etc have done against us recently. The multitude of injuries has left both flanks wide open to be exploited. Not least Trent's side with no Henderson doing his donkey-work covering. And an inexperienced young CH at his side that's been changing by the game for long enough now. Mo deciding he'd take a night off from working back until he was pulled just compounded it and made things worse last night.

Just a combination of Chelsea having a lot higher caliber, much faster striker than those lesser teams to exploit the simple balls over the top into the channels. Along with Klopp completely F up his tactics last night by insisting on playing two CH's who are far from the quickest so high. With a midfield lacking anything in the tank to press in front of that.

A bad combination of factors that leaves L'pool easy to be exploited right now. It's not rocket science.

As my timeline has frustratingly chosen to remind me, exactly one-yyear-ago today was the last league game we were all together with our team the win over Bournemouth.

Boy have they missed us even more than we’ve missed them. *Sighs. 😕

Last edited:
Well that was no less than Fulham deserved. Pretty abysmal half.

Least we have the bench to change things. Midfield, where there is experience on the park, has been absolutely non-existent.Is Milner even on the pitch?

BIG 45 coming up.

And there is the worldie save as always from the opposition keeper

No way did Carragher just relabel you mentality midgets 😂😂 Quote for the ages

Just laughing watching now. It doesn’t matter who plays. The confidence and energy is just non-existent. No belief among any of them at home that they’ll score. Like watching pre-season games.

This season is just a complete, anomaly madness.

Beat part of today was the plane-

UNITY IS STRENGTH- LETS GO REDS- YNWA!

Thats all we have. Now, in this most trying of periods, more than ever. The words of the song have never been more needed. Through good and BAD, our team NEVER walks alone!

Congratulations Fulham. FULLY deserved.

Time to check out of the internet for the day whilst the reactionary narking runs wild.

I know Klopp is targetting the CL as per the lineup but I best bet of CL footy next season is the league as I don't see us knocking anyone out past the quarters with this broken confidence. Is it possible to sim till august lol.

I'm just REALLY enjoying this while I can because I know next season will be a different story 😂

Oh God yeah. Skit away. You won’t get any complaints. Just have to take it in the chin and suck it up.

Banter at a rivals expense is the prerogative of every football fan.

That said, Carragher’s still a bitter gobshite like.

Enjoy. 🍻

I know Klopp is targetting the CL as per the lineup .....

Honestly don’t think he was mate. Just trying to spark a clearly goosed squad.

But the lack of any belief and confidence right now runs far deeper than the over worked regular guys.

Honestly don’t think he was mate. Just trying to spark a clearly goosed squad.

But the lack of any belief and confidence right now runs far deeper than the over worked regular guys.
It's funny the young lads battled hard and put up more of a fight than the seniors. Milner was just gassed and this was the first time I ever questioned in a game if he was past it. Gini's head has gone since Christmas when it looked like he isn't getting a new deal after a great start, hiding from the ball and just zero protection to the back four although he is never a number 6. I have to say watching Fab even in a cameo role in midfield, god do I miss his long legs cleaning up everything and his passing range was outstanding. Put him back in the number 6 he is the best in the world in that role. The worry is even if you get the key players back next season the rot and lack of confidence isn't just a switch you flick back on. At least ******* remain professional even if the chances of top 4 are gone.

Starting to resemble Klopp's last year in Dortmund.
Not really. They had an injury crisis first half of the season and when they got most of their key players back after the winter break they climbed up the table fast. Next, I'll hear that it's Klopp's insane pressing that is unsustainable over a season oh wait unsustainable over two seasons oh wait unsustainable over three seasons now. Even though we do not play a pressing game (Unless you count the counter-press but that has been adopted by nearly every top side) as we have played a controlling possession style for over two seasons now.

"It's not acceptable from Liverpool, that sort of performance, and I'll tell you what, I played in some really poor Liverpool teams"
Jamie Carragher 2021

Next, I'll hear that it's Klopp's insane pressing that is unsustainable over a season oh wait unsustainable over two seasons oh wait unsustainable over three seasons now. Even though we do not play a pressing game as we have played a controlling possession style for over two seasons now.

Right and why did you switch to controlling style? Perhaps because pressing proved unsustainable over a season? :giggle: