The Liverpool Thread

1626100694394.png

I don't know what looks better as we start out on the long road to #20?

The gorgeous Austrian mountain scenery?

Or the gorgeous man mountain at the back there? 😍😍😍

I was surprised to listen to Klopp saying yesterday we're now away for 4 weeks solid.

COVID continues to change every facet of things.

Although there are a lot worse places to be stuck in camp for 28 days than the gorgeous Austrian mountains, with their crisp air and tranquillity, outside of Salzburg.

Last edited:
Brilliant that the club site is doing a training diary from mini-Klopp.

Always absorbing and engaging, it really is just like reading/ listening to Jürgen when Pep speaks.

He totally gets it too and is (hopefully. For me) being groomed for a seamless transition when that day arrives.

Please lord, I only ask for Saul or at the very worst Bissouma. Blessed be our lord Phillips/Fowler.
Seems Saul is going to Barca to make Atletico stronger again. Barca is gift that keeps giving, they sold Grizzy for 120 mil and his wages probably ****** them over to sell Suarez that helped to get the title. Now getting him back, definetly barca willl pay some wages still for him. Can see why Atletico wont turn it down

Seems Saul is going to Barca to make Atletico stronger again. Barca is gift that keeps giving, they sold Grizzy for 120 mil and his wages probably ****** them over to sell Suarez that helped to get the title. Now getting him back, definetly barca willl pay some wages still for him. Can see why Atletico wont turn it down

Doesn't help either side at all.

Atléti, in massive debt themselves, would be paying a reported €250 K a week for a 30-year-old through the next 4/5 years at the quoted figures.

And Barca isn't denting their mammoth €200 million they need to cut off the wage bill given all the new players they have to register who just take up Greizmann's wage. Along with Saúl's salary.

'If' there's any truth in the rumours, it makes no sense at all.

BTW @Bujakaa92

There's a brilliant Pep Lijnders review of the Euros on 'The Athletic' apparently.

Any chance you'd be so kind as to put it up on here?

When you look at the superb content from the Austrian camp they’re putting out, it reminds you just what a boss squad we have to start with when everyones healthy, fully rested, and getting something we normally don’t get for the bulk with the Afcon etc. A FULL Klopp pre-season.

That, coupled with a full and wild Anfield again, has us ready to resume our personal title battle with the only other team on our level down the other end of the East Lancs and hit the ground running from the get-go.

A couple more additions before August 31 and the Worlds our oyster.

Pleasantly surprised to hear Ibou speaks sound English. Not that there was any doubt he’d fit seamlessly in given his perfect skill-set. But every little helps and all that.

Mad how we’ve gone from the carnage of last year at CH to now well arguably the strongest top 4 group in all of Europe.

Mini Klopp's latest camp diary-

Both Naby Lad and Oxo-Chambo looking bulked up and chiselled, getting a full Klopp pre-season under their belts after a proper summer's rest. 😍😍😍

Maybe, just maybe, the patient, individual approach we've taken with both since we took top German muscle expert/ rehab and recovery leader Dr Schlumberger from BVB last Chrimbo,, is starting to pay dividends and we'll, at last, get to see both fulfil their undoubted, difference-making promise on a regular basis. 🤞🤞

I know, July 17th. Month and a half of the second Covid summer window everyone is playing really cautiously. Long way to go and all that.

But I saw this posted elsewhere and thought meh, why not? Be a fun and interesting exercise to look back on to see if it's changed by August 31.

What are your Liverpool predictions for this season? #LFC

Top scorer:
Mo. League wide too.

Best player: Thiago.

Best young player: Does JMG still count as 'young?' No? Then let's roll with Harvey. I can see him getting far more minutes than people anticipate. Curtis style from the past season. ..... *Edit* I'm forgetting Trent's still only 22. 🤦🏼‍♂️ That's still young enough for this right? Sound. Then him. Hands down. And not just for the Reds. Across the entire league! With Virgil/ JMG/ Konate/ Matip back there again, putting the midfield back in it's natural positions, and pushing the FB's starting position 15/20 yards higher up the pitch than they were afforded last season when our whole style of play went out of the window down to injury/ personnel, the best FB in World football is liable to smash his own assist record. So Trent.

Premier League position: 1st. I'm proper getting a ‘19/‘20 vibe. We mean SERIOUS business from day one after all the absolute bunkum chatted about our players and manager last year. A squad already levels above anyone along with City is smarting and has a point to prove. May God go with the other 19 teams.

Champions League run: As always, draw and luck dependent. But the level we are at, quarters as a bare minimum.After that, anything can happen, How warm is Saint Petersburg in May ..... ?

Trophies: 1 at the very least. Anything above and beyond that, as always, is a bonus.

Last edited:
Also nice to see we have tied down Harvey Elliot I genuinely would be ok with us holding off from signing a forward and have him come in like Curtis Jones does to cover. There is no point in sending him to the Championship he is too good for that level.

Agreed mate.

Although we can’t really lose at this stage of his development whether he stays in the squad or gets another loan, personally speaking, there’s ZERO way I’d loan him out. Even if he got limited minutes next year, working day in, day out with some of the finest coaches and footballers on the planet will only expedite the ridiculous trajectory he’s on to the VERY top of the game with his club. Our club.

As happens, I can honestly see him getting a lot more minutes than people seem to feel. Like Curtis did last season. Wonderful talent and such a humble young man who’s mature WAY beyond his years. I love his unwavering self-comdidence. But its never projected with any bullish arrogance. Which is a really endearing trait to have.

MASSIVE kudos too BTW to Inglethorpe/ Edwards/ Fenway/ who ever makes these decisions, in tying down, long term, two of our most exciting youth prospects in many a year this past week. Harvey, who is first team ready now in my humble. And the other, Boniek’s lad (Smiles @Tyton), who will be sooner rather than later.

Superb business from a club that continues to do, well, superb business.

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Liverpool are set to complete the agreement with Alisson to extend his contract until June 2026. The agreement is at final stages. 🔴 #LFC

Final details and clauses expected to be fixed in the next weeks, then Alisson will sign his contract extension with #LFC. 🇧🇷

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Liverpool are set to complete the agreement with Alisson to extend his contract until June 2026. The agreement is at final stages. 🔴 #LFC

Final details and clauses expected to be fixed in the next weeks, then Alisson will sign his contract extension with #LFC. 🇧🇷
Good tying him down in his prime. Last year was not the best by his standards which is understandable after everything he went through. Although for a keeper he is quite injury prone which is worrying.