The Liverpool Thread

Fortunately I missed the tackle as I was cheering a goal on my FM, but I saw just as he went down. Saw people saying it wasnt a Red, but if it was a scissor tackle then I have no idea how they can say that!
****** me off had commentators going it was just an unlucky tackle with the momentum injuring Harvey. There's a reason why Xhaka got his red the other day despite getting the ball. The moment you leave the ground with heavy momentum you are at risk of injuring an opponent. This one was worse as scissor tackles always cause the player in question foot to get caught in between and risk an injury.

Seems like a nasty injury, although I can't tell from the replays what happened there exactly.

Looks like a leg break. Defo wasn’t a scissor challenge though like being suggest. The challenging player tries to hook him from behind. Then the legs tangle. Fred had one happen to him first or second match. And nothing happened and no foul was given either.

Looks like a leg break. Defo wasn’t a scissor challenge though like being suggest. The challenging player tries to hook him from behind. Then the legs tangle. Fred had one happen to him first or second match. And nothing happened and no foul was given either.

He leaped off the ground and hooked into him. It doesn't have to look like a scissor challenge to not be one. The schematics are the same. Its dangerous.

He leaped off the ground and hooked into him. It doesn't have to look like a scissor challenge to not be one. The schematics are the same. Its dangerous.
Yeah but people shouting scissor challenge and making out the Leeds player did it on purpose and calling him and his family all sorts are mad!

Yes it could of been avoided but he was going for the ball. Anyway I just hope the young lad recovers from this accident. Because he’s got a great future!

Whatever it was, Leeds fans CELEBRATED it like they'd just won the league. The horrible, low life shithouses that they are. Taking pride in a ridiculously talented young lads career potentially never being the same again.

Add to that the constant Hillsborough taunts (and let's not excuse those among out number that F degraded themselves by reacting with 'Galatasaray' chants which was an embarrassing disgrace in itself. The provocation from Leeds was incessant but there's still NO excuse for us to resort to that disgrace), and I REALLY hope the horrible vermin go down. You start the day thinking 'Yeah, this is a proper game this again. Leeds- L'pool. It doesn't get much bigger or more passionate.' And then you get int he ground and you remember just what a set of absolute scum they are.17-years hasn't changed them one F iota. Scums too good a word. Which is pointless throwing at them as they F revel in being called scum.

They are literally Millwall but a bigger club.Horrible, HORRIBLE ***** who absolutely revel in being such. And it went outside just to add to the 'fun.'

So where as I should be bouncing and celebrating the fact that we're gonna' win the league with no F money, with poor Harvey and the despicable ****** from Leeds, I'm just left where I can't be arsed with much of anything tonight. I think I'm done with going Leeds. I just don't need to stand through that for 90 minutes these days.

******* **** game this at times yanno'.

Last edited:
I kinda agree with TOD, it looks like a freak accident rather than intentional foul. Still a reckless challenge obviously but I'm sure it was a heat of a moment thing. Unfortunate.

I kinda agree with TOD, it looks like a freak accident rather than intentional foul. Still a reckless challenge obviously but I'm sure it was a heat of a moment thing. Unfortunate.

That's the whole crux. Reckless and out of control. Why that type of challenge was outlawed. The intent doesn't have to be there. Unbelievable to read that Sly was actually debating whether it should have been a red.

And talking the media, MOTD last night well P me off ..... (Paraphrasing) 'Elland Road might but hostile, but Leeds fans know their football applauding Harvey off'

How about showing the lowlife ***** behind the goal next to us where most the whole stand was fair having a party celebrating and revelling/ taking pride in a ridiculous young players career being potentially altered forever! 🤬

Hahahahahahahahaha. Nick the Greek has our SOH.

1631618586128.png

Liverpoo Football Club verses Associazione Calcio Milan.

Under the European lights, on the biggest stage of all. In front of a wild Anfield.

6 times winners against 7 times winners. (3rd and 2nd on the winners list respectively.) With a further 7 final appearances between them. (3 and 4 respectively.).

30 UEFA titles between them. (13 and 17 respectively.). With a further combined 21 finals lost. (10 and 11 respectively.).

The 4th and 2nd most successful clubs respectively in UEFA competition history.

The Champions League was devised for nights like these. As big as it will get ALL this CL season.

PROPER European Royalty!

Last edited: