The Liverpool Thread

Did not want to comment right after the game as emotions where running high, but now have been tragged down to dirt with job and havent had time to post a bit here :/

Really sad what happened to Elliott, devastating to see young player injured like that. It might be a bit reckless challenge that went bad, but u can find reckless challenges every week in PL, daily in Burnley games. The more i watch it in slow mow you can see that there was not attempt ot siscorr tackle him, even if u see him leaping in, there was no intention on it. Felt he wanted to put left knee down and catch the ball with the right(side where Elliott is) His opposit legs feet got tangled with Elliott freakly and it ended so badly. We agree or not, this does not matter.
I hope he recovers and refs will be more severe on reckless challenges as we dont have to wait for injury to card a player.

Shame on fans who showed disrespect to Liverpool and to Elliott, they are **** and ******* idiots. Shame to have them as fans, but assume all clubs have similar ones, our jerks just push things too much and are too vocal... We have the football culture and brain example in Bielsa, the fans should follow and show respect to players, clubs and football.

All in all we are still not back the level we need. We are missing something and feel it is in the midfield. Rodrigo and Dallas just does not work together and there is not enough movement there. Hope Klich will be back soon and we can try starting him with Dallas. Feel Rodrigo is not suited the role Bielsa wants. Also we missed several clear challenges that Pool gifted us, but need to be more threath from there, a bit of lack of confidence is showing out.
Shame for the loss and how it came, but Liverpool just on so high gear on offence, it is crazy.

Shame on fans who showed disrespect to Liverpool and to Elliott, they are **** and ******* idiots. Shame to have them as fans, but assume all clubs have similar ones, our jerks just push things too much and are too vocal... We have the football culture and brain example in Bielsa, the fans should follow and show respect to players, clubs and football.

I feel for the majority of decent Leeds fans like yourself, of which there are many. (For example, getting my head down when I got out and walking back into town among them having left the scum outside our end being held back by the police at the ground trying to get get to L'ppol fans and singing about death, they all seemed decent, normal lads and listening to them talk among themselves they were all shocked with what happened to Harvey and genuinely feeling for him.).

But the club SERIOUSLY needs to sort out the absolute low lives who go in the South Stand. They are there for one reason and one reason only and that's to throw as much ***** at the away fans as possible and attack them outside. And it isn't just a minority in there behind that goal. It's the whole stand. You know what to expect at Leeds, but Sunday took it a whole other level with the constant baiting over Hillsborough and celebrating Elliott's injury. It shouldn't be hard, with everyone on camera in grounds now, to identify people spending the majority of the game not even watching the game, but staring moodily over at us trying to look hard and intimidating, making gestures of faces crushed up against fences/ 96 signs/ walls being pushed over et al.

Leeds need to condem and remove them. Shame the *****. Doing nothing just continues to give them free reign year after year to shame the club.

Thank you for the magnanimous words.

Bar getting complacent and going to sleep before HT, a superb, thoroughly dominant performance to start the group off perfectly. A group we should P through all things being equal.

And a belter atmosphere to boot. Oh how I've missed these nights. Just a pity there wasn't more Milan fans in attendance to bounce off but these are the times we are currently in.

Keep telling us we've no squad depth.

Keep writing us off all over.

Keep narking about those shinny new toys you didn't get the summer. (How'd that work out for Utd and PSG this week?).

And we'll keep doing our thing as one of Europes best.

Up the European F Royalty Reds!

*Edit* Oh yeah …..

**** THE TORIES!

Last edited:
Bar 2 minutes of madness that was absolutely breathtaking the way we played. You sometimes forget how good we actually are because of last seasons injury shenanigans. CL origi is different gravy and Salah missing a pen was the wtf moment. The captain with a Stevie like goal and Trent was everywhere for me. The pressing and intricate plays in the first 30mins and the way the Milan players could not cope was just peak football. Credit to them for getting back into it but the moment we upped the tempo it was back to it.

Whats your opinion on Salah contract Scouse? I know I asked before but I'm assuming you have seen the ITK with the club all kinda pointing that Salah wants wages that lets be honest would completely break the Clubs wage structure. The only reason why I would say pay the man is that he is meticulous about his training and life outside footie that he can easily do a Ronaldo and play at the top level till his late 30s. The other part of me is saying bring in the next-gen and let's be honest FSG will not let him leave on a free if he won't sign up, so use the money to bring in his replacement. No easy answer here for me.

Honestly not thought about Mo’s contract d as I’d just presume its boxed already and will be announced when they get around to announcing it. Like everyone else.

The ‘ITK’s’’ had Henderson unhappy and leaving. Then Alisson was defo the next big extension before Trent came out of nowhere. Sure theres another they bungled badly last month. So there conjecture on Mo is in one ear and out the other for me.

Bar something like him going back to Egypt in his late 30’s, he’ll finish his career here.

1631773408829.jpeg

The GOAT. And Paolo Maldini.😎

Last edited:
Great win but a bit of an issue I have with Jota that I thought he would get better at as he played more and got used to the front 3. He is terrible outside the box (I know he missed a sitter today but usually he is clinical). My point being he is an out and out forward and it shows the significance of Firmino for me. If Jota isn't scoring he is near useless and cannot pass the ball to save his life. Quite worrying for me but lets hope he improves on that aspect.

We gave a better account of ourselves today then we did at Anfield back in December. Three goals from three corners(n). Liverpool took their chances and we did not. I can complain about the officiating though. What would it have taken for Milner to get a card today? But I really liked what I saw in the team today. We will come at the best and not sit back and let you break us down.

We gave a better account of ourselves today then we did at Anfield back in December. Three goals from three corners(n). Liverpool took their chances and we did not. I can complain about the officiating though. What would it have taken for Milner to get a card today? But I really liked what I saw in the team today. We will come at the best and not sit back and let you break us down.
Palace defo look better this season. On the point of cards. I noticed there’s a few that no matter how many fouls they give away nothing happens to them hardly. Fernandinho is the worst i think. Romeu is another one. Hojberg.

Title countdown-
4 Wins down/ 26 to go.
13 Points down/ 82 to go.

Current unbeaten League Run-
15 games. (W. 12 D. 3 F. 33 A. 7. CS: 9.).

Games after an intense European night when the opposition have had the full week off to prepare are never easy. And this was no exception. That was a fairly standard scoreline but far from a fairly standard game. FULL credit to Palace. For the first time in eons, they were an absolute joy to watch. Viera is the complete antipathies to the Hodge. No longer everyone behind the ball and a long hoof upfront to Benteke to flick on to Zaha, he's got them playing out from the back already and playing some super attacking football to boot. They'll be in NO danger on that evidence.

We really had to fight hard for that and be totally professional to ultimately ease home with three goals all from corners. Two of which were superb volleys. Mo's was ridiculously good enough. But Naby Lads...... Utterly mad how people seriously questioned his ability through his unfortunate health issues. World-class talent and that belter third just reminded everyone of that.

Shout out to Konaté who, all things considered, had a quietly very assured first outing in Red. Kept everything simple and did his job well. The two one-on-ones he stood up to were textbook defending. Certainly, the one Kop end first-half on Benteke. And it looked a replica the other end second-half that allowed Alisson to make another superb save. (Benteke again?).

And what the heck was the Jota miss all about? I didn't think Sadio's from Leeds could be topped but the little Portuguese assassin decided otherwise haha. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Been saying it since day one of camp that this is dripping in 2019/20 vibes and today screamed that again. Not at our sparkling best. But a professional, hard-won victory behind a rock-solid defence and goalie.

And the biggest bonus of all today ..... City blinking again! Extending our lead over them to 3 points. Which is setting us up great for the big showdown with them at Anfield before the next break.

UTR!

Last edited:
Great win but a bit of an issue I have with Jota that I thought he would get better at as he played more and got used to the front 3. He is terrible outside the box (I know he missed a sitter today but usually he is clinical). My point being he is an out and out forward and it shows the significance of Firmino for me. If Jota isn't scoring he is near useless and cannot pass the ball to save his life. Quite worrying for me but lets hope he improves on that aspect.

And we were just discussing coming back from Leeds how he's showing a new side to his game this season where he's doing the work Bobby does and assisting chances whilst still being ice cold clinical. (Today's howler aside.).

Football aye? We all see it differently.

Last edited:
And we were just discussing coming back from Leeds how he's showing a new side to his game this season where he's doing the work Bobby does and assisting chances whilst still being ice cold clinical. (Today's howler aside.).

Football aye? We all see it differently.
Not for me his pressing has improved that's for sure but he just lacks the quality with his passing. Remember last game Sadio getting blamed for skying the ball but Jota fudged up an easy pullback by blasting it behind him. Simple things he messes up for me especially when he tries to come deep ala Bobby and the ball just bounces off him because his hold up is poor compared to Bobby. Long way to go but it's more for the people saying we need an out and out forward and forget the job Firmino does off the ball that is so hard to replicate.

How good was Salah though. Running out of superlatives for him and he is playing at a new level for me. Helped out Millie a ton by tracking back and stopping Zaha going 1v1. Best player in the league currently for me.

How good was Salah though. Running out of superlatives for him and he is playing at a new level for me. Helped out Millie a ton by tracking back and stopping Zaha going 1v1. Best player in the league currently for me.

Which is another reason you need to stop stressing the little things like his contract which will doubtless be signed already.

If he wasn't staying, he wouldn't be running round with a big **** smile on his face, hugging everyone, and loving life at the club. 😉