The Liverpool Thread

Was thinking the same. Where they all out on the slosh last night.
Poor Trent was left in no mans land getting targetted 3v1 at the back post constantly. Matip never once shifted across to help him out and more importantly, uncharacteristically Hendo was poor at tracking the runner from midfield at the back post. Too many players today had off days even Salah who should've had a hattrick.

Title countdown-
4 Wins down/ 26 to go.
14 Points down/ 81 to go.

Current unbeaten League Run-
16 games. (W 12 D 4 F 36 A 10 CS: 9.).

What an absolutely superb game of togger.

Yeah, I could sit here and bemoan the defending/ goalkeeping/ Some really poor individual performances from some normally super reliable, WC players (AndyRobbo/ Matip/ Fabulous)/ Some glaring misses the other end et al.

But after an end-to-end, really exciting game that flowed as brilliantly as that, you just have to put aside the frustrations and just tip your hat to all 22 players for a barnstorming early evenings entertainment.

FULL credit to Brentford. In every respect.

Superb little ground that's super modern and generates a great atmosphere acoustically. Some of the friendliest fans going. Particularly for London. And situated just right with the right amount of transport access to have a boss day pretty much wherever you chose around West London.

And on the pitch, they more than deserved their point. Superb, high intensity game from them with a great game plan we should have worked out and adapted to between ourselves on the pitch at the back without any coaching/ substitution help but meh, that just added to a great game. And man alive if that Toney is there next year I'll be stunned. Superb, really intelligent player that P all over the likes of Bamford, Calvert-Lewin and Watkins who are madly ahead of him in the England squad.

I said before the game there won't be many teams get much there this season and yesterday just reinforced that for me. They play with that intensity, in that tight little. bouncing ground, they'll be sound.

Brentford can DEFO stay up please. I'm really looking forward to that day out again next season. Albeit with a hopefully even better result.

Disappointing to drop 2 points back on City. But we beat them next Sunday, we extend this group of games lead over them to the second break by another 3 points to 4. Which would be gigantic in our personal title battle already.

And the best thing about this whole weekend that has me on Cloud-9 this AM .....

The antigen test I've been sweating on all week I took earlier was thankfully negative.

So Porto tomorrow here we come! 🎉🎊🕺🕺🕺🎊🎉

Up the Top the League Reds!

Last edited:
What a game of football. Brentford made our back four look absolutely ordinary at times.
I don't think it has only been Brentford making them look vulnerable. I think a 11 man Chelsea would of scored a couple more. And if CP could finish a dinner they should of put a couple past. I don't have belief that Liverpool is as strong as you lot believe. It is going to be tight with all 4 teams dropping points left and right. No way B&H get 3 points tomorrow. They might get 1 but no way 3. Of course my proclamation ensures a Palace defeat:oops:.

Tsimikas plays well again against Milan which I assume he will start then surely Robbo as much as I hate to say this will have to reclaim his spot from the bench?

Tsimikas plays well again against Milan which I assume he will start then surely Robbo as much as I hate to say this will have to reclaim his spot from the bench?

Against City? Nah. You aren't switching things around for that mate.

It's absolutely fantastic that Nick the Greek has seriously elevated himself into the discussion with Robertson to the point where you aren't concerned at all for any drop off/ not having to change our style, when he does play.

But a handful of really good games at the start of this year isn't trumping 4-years of superb performances from AndyRobbo.

People, in general, get too caught up in the here and now these days. This is a defence that had conceded a mere 9 goals through 16 games with 9 clean sheets prior to Sat'day tea-time. Not many more stout back-lines than ours.

Fair enough scouse but im sorta old school. Whoever is in form should play imo regardless of name. To change the subject how good was curtis jones? Klopp got it wrong for me changing him out for Firmino think we lost control when he went off. Doesn't get the credit he deserves as he never looks out of place when on.

Fair enough scouse but im sorta old school. Whoever is in form should play imo regardless of name. To change the subject how good was curtis jones? Klopp got it wrong for me changing him out for Firmino think we lost control when he went off. Doesn't get the credit he deserves as he never looks out of place when on.
Very good... Goes under the radar when it comes to englands young talents.

Very good... Goes under the radar when it comes to englands young talents.

When did a Scouser ever not with the media?

Even Gerrard they tried to paint as a leaser version of a Lampard or Scholes which was off the charts mental.

1633029174612.png

This man ...... He's the clearest political orator in the Country who talks more common sense than all of the Politicians put together.

On vaccine intake, he's just absolutely nailed it! AGAIN!

Up the fully vaccinated and able to go to the match Reds!

Last edited:
Do PL games, in terms of National significance, get ANY bigger today than L’pool- City? The two best teams in Europe IMHO.

This is one of only 3 teams I’m never 100% confident of beating. City for what the are. The only team remotely on our level. And Utd and the Ev. Who are both nowhere near our elite level but always raise their game against us like no other. The arl rivalry motivation which you can never understate.

So I’ll leave it that I’m cautiously optimistic, without predicting. And hope for an absolute barnstormer that could well go a LONG way to deciding who’s first and who’s second come May IMHO.

One things for sure. Anfield will be at her wildest best later this avvy for should be another belter.

Can

Not

WAIT!!!!!

Great game of footie. Ngl really bummed we didnt take all three. Millie was targeted as expected. I know scouse might not agree but Jota is not good enough to play upfront for me. Great goalscorer but not good enough or strong enough on the ball at the highest level for me.

Mo Salah is a genuine Ballon D’or Level player. Still cant believe Chelsea somehow let both him and De Bruyne go!!!

Great game of footie. Ngl really bummed we didnt take all three. Millie was targeted as expected. I know scouse might not agree but Jota is not good enough to play upfront for me. Great goalscorer but not good enough or strong enough on the ball at the highest level for me.

Jota had no supply. The midfield was conpletey non-existent all game. Harsh lesson that for Curtis but a really positive development one.