The Manchester United Thread

Wasn't too fond of Depay earlier. Too selfish, and rather bad decision making. That has improved, and under LvG, he can definitely improve even more. Plus, he has the pace and physicality required, and knows where the goal is >_>

Please, please make it happen. Hazard and Moura were not related to Fergie, Depay is rather close to LvG, please make it happen.

Hummels, Clyne, Depay and I'll be joyful. Then hunt for a CM and lastly, a backup striker.
I can see us really pushing for the double of Hummels and Gundogan. My mate at work is a lifelong Dortmund fan and he has told that all reliable sources with the club are saying Gundogan has no interest in signing a new contract, and fully expects him to leave in the summer and he has only heard us linked with him from said sources.

I'd much rather have a striker who was going to try really hard to work his way in the team who perhaps isn't quite as the finished product like RVP, he kind of expects it to be handed on a plate, not what we need in the squad.

Last edited:
Depay used to be someone who was cocky, cares a lot about money and loves to show off. He was a problematic youngster and plays selfishly. He also had some family problems and even removed "Depay" from the back of his shirt because he don't want to be called his father's name. His grandfather, who meant a lot to him, passed away as well, and he was a confused kid. However, everything had changed dramatically ever since LVG brought him into the national team.

Since then, he had gotten over his problems, and I am sure LVG plays a big part in it. He starts playing for the team more and does his defense duties as well. Not exceptional in defending, but he is improving fast. He had became more of a team player who picks his moment to make things happen instead of dribbling into blind alleys. He only starts taking more risks when his team needs him to, and is more than willing to be disciplined if that is what's required of him. He no longer makes as many poor decisions as he was when he first debuted, and had matured massively in the past one and a half season. He is not exactly a speed demon (still very fast mind you, just not on Bale's level for example), and isn't as good in tight spaces as say Nani, but he can do a lot with space in front of him as he has good acceleration and doesn't get pushed off the ball easily. He is also a gym fanatic and loves working out a lot, which explains his strength on the ball.

PSV's got a gentlemen's agreement to sell him if the price is right and won't force him to the highest bidder. He favourited two tweets that links him to us and looking at his relationship with LVG, I think we will definitely get him as long as we want him. I believe he will only go to another club if we are not in for him. All of these were told by someone who watches PSV a lot.

Depay used to be someone who was cocky, cares a lot about money and loves to show off. He was a problematic youngster and plays selfishly. He also had some family problems and even removed "Depay" from the back of his shirt because he don't want to be called his father's name. His grandfather, who meant a lot to him, passed away as well, and he was a confused kid. However, everything had changed dramatically ever since LVG brought him into the national team.

Since then, he had gotten over his problems, and I am sure LVG plays a big part in it. He starts playing for the team more and does his defense duties as well. Not exceptional in defending, but he is improving fast. He had became more of a team player who picks his moment to make things happen instead of dribbling into blind alleys. He only starts taking more risks when his team needs him to, and is more than willing to be disciplined if that is what's required of him. He no longer makes as many poor decisions as he was when he first debuted, and had matured massively in the past one and a half season. He is not exactly a speed demon (still very fast mind you, just not on Bale's level for example), and isn't as good in tight spaces as say Nani, but he can do a lot with space in front of him as he has good acceleration and doesn't get pushed off the ball easily. He is also a gym fanatic and loves working out a lot, which explains his strength on the ball.

PSV's got a gentlemen's agreement to sell him if the price is right and won't force him to the highest bidder. He favourited two tweets that links him to us and looking at his relationship with LVG, I think we will definitely get him as long as we want him. I believe he will only go to another club if we are not in for him. All of these were told by someone who watches PSV a lot.

Aye PSV's Brand said as much: "the player will choose the club, after that we negotiate"

Basically if Depay wants us, then we simply need to match PSV's demands.

I'd much rather have a striker who was going to try really hard to work his way in the team who perhaps isn't quite as the finished product like RVP, he kind of expects it to be handed on a plate, not what we need in the squad.

Disagree, but the difference is this season Rooney's work rate is effective rather than mindless running. He keeps both centre backs busy which creates space for us. RVP was not doing that.

Disagree, but the difference is this season Rooney's work rate is effective rather than mindless running. He keeps both centre backs busy which creates space for us. RVP was not doing that.

I still question RVP's attitude more than anything, it still hasn't seemed right, I know he isn't playing terrible or anything and his stats over the last few seasons aren't even bad. But it's just something that we need to think about, hopefully he'll come back fighting and wanting to get back in the team. His relationship with LVG I imagine will be a factor in what happens this summer.

Also considering his injury problems it makes you wonder if he's ever going to be back consistently enough to even bother keeping regardless of other factors.

RVP isn't playing differently at all, he still makes the runs, gets in the same positions and so on. The difference is, he used to convert lot of half-chances and now he doesn't. He was never much of a workhorse, but his ability to score goals completely out of the *** was such a game changer. Without that there's not much of a point of playing him.

[video=youtube;A_D6YRAHwJQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_D6YRAHwJQ[/video]

But Van Persie was kinda right.

Hope what LVG said is true about Utd working on transfers since January, and wanting most of his business done by the end of the season. Just save Pogba Woodie for the big Deadline Day muppet signing. God could you imagine that lol. And Jim Whyte :)

Hope what LVG said is true about Utd working on transfers since January, and wanting most of his business done by the end of the season. Just save Pogba Woodie for the big Deadline Day muppet signing. God could you imagine that lol. And Jim Whyte :)
what the 1 that goes througe at 11.59pm

aqzQaim.jpg

Yeah the whole masterplan narrative is complete horseshit. Nobody deliberately sets up a team to play for 25% possession at home, not even Mourinho. Especially when the opposition is playing two teenagers in the backline. Chelsea were cleary trying to press high up the pitch early, they just failed as **** at it and resorted to parking the bus. United had plenty of half-chances too, so it wasn't some godlike dominative defensive performance, either.

And don't get me wrong here, I'm fine with Chelsea playing this way, **** I love them playing this way. Everybody is trying to be Barcelona these days and its so refreshing and FUN to see a team shamelessly grind out result with defensive football and always making all this free-floowing pwetty possession football crash and burn.

But this whole post-game we-all-planned-this revisionism is just typical Mourinho's media nonsense.

As i said earlier no we didn't set out to have 25% possession (in fact we ended up with 32.9%) but as i said that is because when we did get the ball we were very sloppy with it. So many players are out of form and have been for some time, Matic, Fabregas and Oscar 3 of our main components in starting attacks have been very average for 3 months now. And do you really think we set up or could press high up the pitch with 37 year old Drogba? Utd had many pot shots nothing troubled Courtois at all Chelsea had as many clear cut chances. Chelsea and Jose alone have been setting up and winning that way for years.