The Manchester United Thread

Is it just me thinking Hummels isn't a given? I don't see why other top clubs don't need him like Arsenal, Man City, Real Madrid. At least some other top clubs could do with a CB like him.

I know he may of said at some point he'd only come to us but not sure how truthful that was?

Is it just me thinking Hummels isn't a given? I don't see why other top clubs don't need him like Arsenal, Man City, Real Madrid. At least some other top clubs could do with a CB like him.

I know he may of said at some point he'd only come to us but not sure how truthful that was?
No mate he confirmed that was false, but did say it would be good to play at a club like Utd. Also Real don't need him, Arsenal have other priorities and Man City just spunked all that doe on Mangala and still have Kompany and Demi plus read there really after Shawcross or Howdes. A fair few journos have linked us with him and some reliable ones to. Plus the fact LVG has made it well known he wants to sign him, even tried last summer. Im not saying its a done deal, but think he will end up here.

Rubbish.. at the u21 championships he was one of the stand out players and was brilliant with ajax his attitude was the reason he never got any better not his football ability
Zaha was best player in Championship and he's whack now. There's plenty of youngsters who came big in one tournament and then they never lived to their hype. Depay is arguably the best player in Eredivise, had a good run in World Cup and he was also good at u21 level. He's nothing like Babel.

Depay looks great but yes you can pull example of both talented thats flourished and talent thats been wasted all accross the world and history in football, just depends on your view of him and/or United which you take.
I doubt anyone is saying Depay is world class. He showed some decent consistency through his short carrier as a professional, as well as some great performances. I, for one, am not expecting fireworks from him season one. Heck, he wouldn't even be a starter (probably). Some decent cameo like 6-7 goals and same amount from assists would be good enough for me.

Januzaj and Rafa injured for the u21s tonight, RVP featured for 60 mins got an assist but apart from that was a bit meh. Evans was ***** made a mistake for there goal, and was getting bullied left right and centre. Wilson and Goss best players.

I don't see the point of all this Depay debate. You never know how a raw-talent youngster from weaker league will turn out, that never stopped anybody from buying them. For every Hazard or Suarez you will get 3 Bebes and 5 Jovetic's. That's just how it is.

Unless you're Real Madrid and even the janitor has to be a galactico, you gotta take these risks sometimes. Obviously the fact he is Dutch makes the risk much more appealing because Van Gaal's philosophy has heavily influenced the way players are trained there.

Last edited:
I like Bolasie, unplayable when he gets going. Also read his interview last year, he is very down to earth guy.

Tomorrow marks a year since United sacked David Moyes. What are your favourite/worst memories of Fergie's successor? Was he doomed to fail or did he cause his own downfall? I personally don't think he was right for us, but he wasn't a complete failure. He signed Mata and kept Rooney, plus Januzaj was given a chance under him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...-anniversary-louis-van-gaal-sir-alex-ferguson

I like Bolasie, unplayable when he gets going. Also read his interview last year, he is very down to earth guy.

Heard him on the radio a few weeks back and he seemed a decent guy. I think he'd be a decent signing for Liverpool for sure, although he'd probably be overpriced as Pardew would definitely want to keep him.

Heard him on the radio a few weeks back and he seemed a decent guy. I think he'd be a decent signing for Liverpool for sure, although he'd probably be overpriced as Pardew would definitely want to keep him.

Yeah, Palace would be looking for at least 20 Million for sure.