The Manchester United Thread

Or I suppose I could say the next Robben with no substance to back it up either ;)

People are talking about depay now the way they used to about babel, babel was easily one of the best youngsters in the world when at ajax

People are talking about depay now the way they used to about babel, babel was easily one of the best youngsters in the world when at ajax

Think people said the same thing about Nistelrooy too..

Babel was never, ever one of the best youngsters even in Eredivise, let alone world. His attitude problems were similar to Depays, but Depay looks matured. Even now, Babel is a bitter ******* with limited football brain. There's a good reason why no one else was interested in Ryan ******* Babel.

People are talking about depay now the way they used to about robben, robben was easily one of the best youngsters in the world when at PSV.

Babel was never, ever one of the best youngsters even in Eredivise, let alone world. His attitude problems were similar to Depays, but Depay looks matured. Even now, Babel is a bitter ******* with limited football brain. There's a good reason why no one else was interested in Ryan ******* Babel.

Rubbish.. at the u21 championships he was one of the stand out players and was brilliant with ajax his attitude was the reason he never got any better not his football ability

Rubbish.. at the u21 championships he was one of the stand out players and was brilliant with ajax his attitude was the reason he never got any better not his football ability

Which is a stark contrast with Depay, because he has got the right attitude in the way Babel never did. U21 is not the same as a senior World Cup, something Depay shone at.

Apart from the fact they didt play anything alike.

IDK Mike, you've got a pretty tenuous argument going here. I mean, they're both Dutch, black and look alike: seems pretty open and shut to me.

Depay looks great but yes you can pull example of both talented thats flourished and talent thats been wasted all accross the world and history in football, just depends on your view of him and/or United which you take.

IDK Mike, you've got a pretty tenuous argument going here. I mean, they're both Dutch, black and look alike: seems pretty open and shut to me.

Gave me a good giggle this. Personally quite glad Chelsea are not chasing him. Would be devastating with Hazard on the other flank

Depay looks great but yes you can pull example of both talented thats flourished and talent thats been wasted all accross the world and history in football, just depends on your view of him and/or United which you take.

For me the key with any young player is the attitude. Wouldn't have wanted him at all 2 years ago, for example.

He plays like Hazard at lille imo

Fair assessment, like Hazard then, he still has a bit of a tendency over play. But in a year or two's time, could easily be one of the most dangerous in Europe. Not sure he will be as good as Hazard, but then I didnt see Hazard being this brilliant. Undoubtedly a world class player. If Depay is truly capable of being world class, then LVG would be a manager who would bring it out of him.

I truly think he can be as good as hazard with the added bonus he tracks back at times.