The Locksmith Tactic . This Tactic Opens All Locked Doors

First of all, I have a question for the tactic makers/tweakers, if I were to move a player around, how do I keep its OI? In fact, how do I generally change the OI presets? I can't seem to find it.

Secondly, great tactics! I'm using QPR about 3 or 4 seasons in I think, all the tactics I've used don't seem to work anymore, so I've turned to Locksmith, works brilliant so far.

I just beat Barcelona 4-0 in a vital match where I had to win while they have already qualified with a 100% record:
View attachment 336141 View attachment 336142

I'm sure others can answer this better, but I don't think OIs change if you change a players position, they are set while playing a match and based on the opposition players position, not yours (I think). If you want to change them and save them you have to do it during a match though (save tactic after making changes while playing a match).

Finished my season with United, won everything with a squad that's far from reaching it's potential.

View attachment 336106

I'm glad this thread is still going. Locksmith definitely the best out there, however I've tweaked the defensive set pieces as I didn't like the original ones plus I've made a ML mirror version which comes in handy when my original MR is out injured. Abomination v3 is a very close second however all-round P&P I think Locksmith is the best. Abomination will probably get you more goals but that's because it's pushed up so you'll concede more, especially against better opposition. Never really had success with MrH tweak unfortunately.

Forgot to mention that it's worth noting that having the ML tweak version in the 3rd tactic slot is a good choice because it's my go to version when I get a man sent off. I just take off the AMC and I've actually manager to score even turn matches around thanks to that tactic.

Last edited:
I've been using the original tactic as main, and MrH's tweak when I need to attack a bit more. Working fine for me, unbeaten in the league so far, and won it last season too. I'm using QPR and a lot of good young players. What I like is I will generally edge out on or at least match the opponents' CCC even when I lose/draw, that is important to me.
View attachment 335866

I've also noticed that if the tactic isn't working and you're not churning out decent chances within 15 minutes or so, a change has to be made immediately (eg. original > MrH tweak) and most of the time, the tide will turn. Maybe it's because the formations are different, therefore switching catches the opponents' off guard, I also have an ASSALUT (dropping deeper with disciplined tight marking seems to work) that I tweaked as a backup tactic.

Maybe it's not news for you guys, I just rarely use different formations. I usually have a base tactic with attacking/defending variations.

Another thing, if a tactic is working but you're down on goals, you just have to persist and it will eventually work out. And if you don't park the bus on a slim lead in the last 5 minutes, the opponent is almost always certain to score.

Hello guys, what you use training method ?
Balanced-average att.movement or tactical-high def.positioning

wilmot, could you put som screen shots of your team and tell us the tactic that you use for chelsea? thanks mate

Wow that are some great tactics and i thank you for sharing them.We can now place midfielder and defenders in these positions and make a stronger field grip.This locksmith Tactics surely make the team stronger and more powerful.