The Locksmith Tactic . This Tactic Opens All Locked Doors

For me this is the end all, be all of tactics (only it and archbrands back to basic 4-4-2 are consistently dominant for me). I have a game going right now where I started off as Blackburn (using SirGoalAlot's tactic) and solidified like a record of 12-2-1, however in that same span of time I gave up ~30 goals (not bad given my scoring).

However midway through the season I accepted a job for the winless (0-2-11) Nottingham Forest Reds, and I switched to Mr.H's tweak as it fit the team better. Since that time I have reeled off 12 wins in 13 games, with the non-win being a "rester" game for my starters (that I really didn't expect to win). I am now 10th in the Skybet Championship sitting at 11-3-11, and am looking to make a play at a playoff position!

Totally agree. It's very consistent.

Decided to it try with a lower league club that's not expected to be promoted.

Crewe Alexandra - predicted to finish 23rd (2nd to last) in League 1.

View attachment 346421

Prediction didn't happen.

View attachment 346420

Started slow, but once the players got used to the tactic and once I found my 1st eleven we started climbing and eventually ran away with the league. Best defense, almost best offence. And that's with a striker like AJ Leitch-Smith being our top goal scorer.

View attachment 346422

He's not exactly Ronaldo. If we had some proper strikers, like the ones Wolves have we'd probably score 140 goals and win by a landslide.

This tactic is just brilliant.

Totally agree. It's very consistent.

Decided to it try with a lower league club that's not expected to be promoted.

Crewe Alexandra - predicted to finish 23rd (2nd to last) in League 1.

View attachment 665870

Prediction didn't happen.

View attachment 665873

Started slow, but once the players got used to the tactic and once I found my 1st eleven we started climbing and eventually ran away with the league. Best defense, almost best offence. And that's with a striker like AJ Leitch-Smith being our top goal scorer.

View attachment 665867

He's not exactly Ronaldo. If we had some proper strikers, like the ones Wolves have we'd probably score 140 goals and win by a landslide.

This tactic is just brilliant.

What tactic mate?

View attachment 346372

Probably the best tactic I've used on football manager 2014. Love playing with three strikers, works so well, fun to watch and score some amount of goals. This tactic is also good defensively which is hard to find, this match is one of many great/surprising results I've had whilst using this tactic:D

what tactic to use

Hey mate what tactic shall i use from all the updates

Ali you using Mr H tweak as well?

Defensively its a shambles for me, getting destroyed with a strong Crewe team in the championship!

Ok now the MR H one was awful for me, but jesus the real locksmith one is awesome 9 games played 9 wins 33 for and only 5 against! Played Stoke in FA cup and lost 1-0 but we played well but worryingly they had 5 CCCs (one was a penalty). But then again there worst player is about the same level as my best player ha will report back with more findings tomorrow!

Ok now the MR H one was awful for me, but jesus the real locksmith one is awesome 9 games played 9 wins 33 for and only 5 against! Played Stoke in FA cup and lost 1-0 but we played well but worryingly they had 5 CCCs (one was a penalty). But then again there worst player is about the same level as my best player ha will report back with more findings tomorrow!

I'm curious, what is your roster? What year are you in? Because your shots taken was incredibly low. Even as an underdog I usually manage at least 7-12 shots a game with Mr.H's tactic. Also, what was your fluidity like?

Moreover, Mr.H's tweak is probably about as stout of a defensive tactic as I have run across. In a 36 game season I can expect 15-22 shutouts while also scoring 3+ goals a game. In fact, when I have the perfect unit for the job, I can expect to have multiple (3) players score 20+ goals in a season.

With the same squad all in one season
MR H tweak =
P 16
W 7
D 3
L 6

GF: 44
GA: 21

Real Locksmith tweak (with dropping the defensive line):
P: 30
W: 25
D: 4
L: 1

GF: 70
GA: 31

Also my striker in the locksmith tweak managed to score 36 in 36 the best I have seen a striker do and hes an 18 year old academy player (One that has 185 PA and started off the season with a CA of 121 now its 135)

Also the AP behind him 19 goals and 22 assists from 41 games and hes another 19 year old!

I see everyone say how solid MR h tweak was but quite frankly I would either win by a lot or get destroyed

MR H results:
View attachment 346127]

Real Locksmith:
View attachment 346126

It's no surprise to me that the original works amazing as well, but maybe you just don't have the squad for Mr Hough tweak. Also if you have a few new players it's no surprise when form comes mid season after players gel.

I've used Locksmith original and Abomination_V3 (which is the same formation and what Locksmith original is based on) with great success as well, I'd say about the same success as Mr Hough tweak overall. Sounds like you had 1 amazing striker and 1 amazing AMC, obviously playing them to their strengths is going to be a lot better than trying to play a 3 striker formation with no AMC. There's no question about Mr Hough tweaks qualities, there's tons of proof of that in this thread and it also was top of the tactic testing thread for ages until that "Unreal (defense)" took over. But Locksmith original is also great, as I've said before very early in this thread.

If you enjoy Locksmith original and have the players for it I suggest also trying Abomination_V3 as a rotation. I personally swap between the two several times within the same match just to keep the opposition confused when I use them. It's here if you wanna have a look: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...cs/159376-almighty-weirdo-57.html#post2130088 (post #564 has a link to it).

When I started with Crewe I obviously brought in what ever free transfers and loans I could to fit Mr Hough tweak, as that was the tactic I was gonna test. Several quick strikers on free/loan, defenders good in the air, DMC the same and creative hard working MC players (all relative to the league ofc, it's not possible to get really good ones with Crewe first season).

If I was gonna test Locksmith (and Abomination V3) I would have brought in just a couple of strikers, a very creative AMC, a goal scoring MR (this position is amazing if you have a goal scorer here, CR7 is a God in this position), and a very offensive DL (second most important role in the formation imo).

Anyways, great job on changing your formation to fit your team mid season when things weren't working for you. It's the way the game should be played.

I designed the team round Mr Hs tweak so the transition was quite hard and my CAM and ST are youth team players who started the season with very average stats (the CAM started with a CA of 110 and the striker 121). The other CAM also had 18 assists and so did the MR was very enjoyable while it lasted!

Unfortunately as per usual results are drying up in the Prem, always such a big step up and never sure where to go! I have my star striker and CAM (Natural CM I retrained for CAM), and the rest of the team is probably just above Hull/Palace standard first season!

Striker had his first caps for England as well big career ahead for him!

Sounds like you don't have many Strikers, or didn't at least, which could be the problem. Either way I'm glad it ended up working for you.

I had 5 strikers 3 of which were quality enough for the league, cant really convince me otherwise here mate :) may give it a go with another team but for me as a lower team was leaky as ****! Was dissapointed as everyone elses results were so good!

So tried Mr H tweak again a predicted 7th place Watford, started brilliantly unbeaten for 20 games but still giving up a lot of CCCs then December came all 3 of my starting strikers injured, I take some losses draws I think ok all will be well when my strikers are back they come back 3 games in and still getting dominated!
In December/January
P: 9
W: 1
D: 5
L: 3

No longer top of the table and giving up CCCs for fun, and yes I have the players for the tactic now the defence is pathetic still crosses galore creating chances and if the opposition switch the play forget about it you have no chance! Wanted this to work and for the first 20 games it was promising, theres having "blips" in your season but 10 games where we play horrendously and now we cant even score 3 0-0 draws in that 9 game run!

Never seen a tactic 360 like this!