The Magic Rectangle l 4-2-2-2 l Brazil's Samba Football :::by ARTISAN::: 14.3

What team's would this tactic be most suitable ... I don't particularly want to go Barca or Man City
Works with any team with the proper players for each position. Since this tactic does not require wingers and you do not want a top dog, I would recommend either one of the Milan teams.

I'm a bit late to the party on this tactic, so just wondering which tweak people find to be the best for them, without me having to scroll through 80 pages ;)
Found the original one to be the best. Counter against the big boys and control against the weaker ones.

As anyone tried it with Atletic Madrid? Will it fit in well? Thanks in advance!

Hi artisan! tried to send you a PM but your inbox seems to be full. the cost of success hehehe. so i'll have to contact you through here, although i had hoped to do it privately.

First of all, i must say u're an awesome tactician. love your work :)

I've been playing around with your magic box concept and made some changes to it, turning it into a no striker tactic (kind of my obsession this year) with 3 EG's and an AP in behind them. Seems to be working well. Give me your e-mail and i'll send it to you if you wanna give it a go. I've named it Magic Triangle by Artisan ft. Veez. I'll only upload it after, and if, you aprove of it :) i hope you will! lol

cheers

Hi artisan! tried to send you a PM but your inbox seems to be full. the cost of success hehehe. so i'll have to contact you through here, although i had hoped to do it privately.

First of all, i must say u're an awesome tactician. love your work :)

I've been playing around with your magic box concept and made some changes to it, turning it into a no striker tactic (kind of my obsession this year) with 3 EG's and an AP in behind them. Seems to be working well. Give me your e-mail and i'll send it to you if you wanna give it a go. I've named it Magic Triangle by Artisan ft. Veez. I'll only upload it after, and if, you aprove of it :) i hope you will! lol

cheers

enough with the strikerless formations, it's no 14.1 anymore ;)

I miss the old 3-4-2-1 CCC's gold, artisan has made a great classic brazil tactic though :)

enough with the strikerless formations, it's no 14.1 anymore ;)

I miss the old 3-4-2-1 CCC's gold, artisan has made a great classic brazil tactic though :)

hehehe! i miss it too mate! but i think that i'm onto something with this tweak. hopefully Artisan will agree :)

hehehe! i miss it too mate! but i think that i'm onto something with this tweak. hopefully Artisan will agree :)

I've tried a lot of tinkering with no strikers formation in 14.3... they do work, they can win you games and leagues. But can't create those one on one CCC's like 14.1, unless opponents use a higher defensive line. If they stay deep, no way to lure them higher on the pitch like the 'old' tactic, even without strikers especially if you're a reputable team. Only my experience though, always waiting for a new CCC's gold though maybe for FM15 :)

I have tried this version on the vita version, it works ok for a season or so, but then fails horrendously. I have tried variuos tactics but nothing seems to work, does anyone have any ideas?

I have tried this version on the vita version, it works ok for a season or so, but then fails horrendously. I have tried variuos tactics but nothing seems to work, does anyone have any ideas?

Stick with it mate. Probably you bought a bunch of players..
It is a great tactic, i've won everything with monaco (no that great a team)

Stick with it mate. Probably you bought a bunch of players..
It is a great tactic, i've won everything with monaco (no that great a team)

Pit starts off well then goes completely downhill towards end of 2nd season, and fighting relegation in 3rd till sacked

Real who ??
537fbdea4e297-Catania_v_Real_Madrid__Home_Tactics_Team_Talk.png

I have hit a form slump using this tactic...struggling to turn it around....First season ...was working fine and then after one defeat have lost 5 on the bounce

I'm currently 4th in the Premier League with Swansea, first season... amazing, nothing short of amazing. I'm using my own tweaked version based on Jassar's. (AP are better than Enganche's I find, I also use one AF and one Poacher instead of two poachers, better combination for me, Bony assists Dario a lot which is a good mix)

Screenies coming soon, should have screenies of every significant (and rubbish) results soon, Southampton are also a title challenger in this save :p Moyes is doing as **** as he did this season for United (Bounding from 7th to 5th)

I can also upload my tweak when I finish this season as I won't use it anymore for this save because it will get countered more. (And whenever I let any tactical knowledge go my friends use it against me on multiplayer... lol)

I often find that I will encounter slumps and then I will switch to a slightly different tactic. I don't know how some managers can stick with the same tactic for a whole season without these slumps in form. Tonight I was using the magic rectangle tactics and my Liverpool squad started having a run of mediocre form, so I switched to the new Juventus tactic and the squad is firing on all cylinders again

What's the Juve tactic and do you find your players are able to adapt quickly to the new system if it is asking them to try different styles of play?

Okay, finished 3rd with Swansea, aimed to finish 6th, Southampton were genuine title contenders but dropped like a rock at around the 30 game mark. my lowest position was 9th.

League: http://gyazo.com/9a2d165f163ced087fcb230cec48914c

Transfers (I used monthly installments A LOT here): http://gyazo.com/653cbef0d7f3ad28d4b9a936d2be416f

My tweak: https://mega.co.nz/#!xl5Q3JKY!Zocgao39P30IDeXP1y0NVn_RZ_X09nE6oykPblpf4ec

I lost 2-1 to Freiburg in the Europa League Final on the 120th minute thanks to a mistake from Balanta (**** him) but I love him :D

I found towards the end of the season this tactic couldn't handle defensive teams (I don't know what happened, it just fell apart against Crystal Palace, West Ham, etc.) I never found a way to solve that but this should usually get you a win percentage of at least 70 percent up until February, then I suggest possibly changing to Thedude's tweak.

Players that really stood out for me were Wilfried Bony, Max Meyer, Dario Cvitanich (Or something), Ben Davies (absolutely phenomenal), Eder Alvares Balanta (MUST HAVE FOR ANY TEAM!!!), Ashley Richards and Rangel (Ashley Richards is now first choice Right back for me), Michel vorm even (In 14.3 he is great, on the 14.0 database I would never keep him for second season, but he's great, going to keep him for at least two more seasons)

Last edited:
There are 4 downloads, wich one is recommended?