The Managerial Challenge. FIRST CHALLENGE UP!

Keep an eye on your wages, keep an eye on your contracts you are offering players, Good cup runs create revenue, there are loads of factors that contribute to your finances.
Do those away friendly things count?

im gonna join in if it's no bother

this challenge looks v good seeing there is transfer embargo and wages are low

im gonna join in if it's no bother

this challenge looks v good seeing there is transfer embargo and wages are low

Yeah, I'll add you to the leaderboard when you have completed the challenge. :)

I started.. and during first three games and pre-season, six of my players got injured.. I only have enough player to make first team, youth players are subs :mad:

How are you meant to get a positive bank balance? I'm halfway through the season with no players bought, 3 friendly cups played, sulley muntaris transfer clause sold for 1.5 mil and I'm still 5.5 mil in the red.

I think u should give extra point to team who get promotion

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

i am forgot to take screenshot for financial summary by the end of season so u can see for my last month summary

Last edited:
sorry i couldnt do the 1st one my laptop got sent for repair but im in for this one :)

Total = 15 points
100 – Financial Balance of £10,000,000+ - 0
30 – Winning the Championship - 0
20 – FA Cup Winners - 0
15 – League Cup Winners - 0
15 – Finishing in the top 6 of the Championship. - 15
10 - For conceding the least amount of goals in the League. - 0
10 – For scoring the most goals in the League. - 0
-20 – For every £500,000 in negative debt. - 0
-50 – For being in the relegation zone. - 0

I thought I did quite well until I added the points up, but I did manage to out of debt after a board takeover so no minus points for me :)

Right this is the first challenge I have attempted and I thought it was brilliant.
In summary I've completely gutted a championship club selling nearly everyone and replacing them with free agents. A massive 20 players were brought into the club whilst 26 have left for pastures new with another 4 players transfers arranged for them to leave on July 1st 2011. The only player I paid any money for was Harrie Gommans and that was £26k, there was also the pre-arranged £1.5 million transfer of Liam Lawrence which I couldn't get out of.
Dave Kitson, Tel Ben Haim and Hayden Mullins were all loaned out to save on wages and hopefully will leave the club permanently once there loan deals come to an end.
It was unbelievably hard to raise the £10,000,000 and I thought for a long time it was going to be impossible.
I've attached screen shots of my final league position which was a respectable 12th and considering the rebuilding I did Im pretty proud of that. Both cup competitions were ended in the early rounds so nothing to report there.

Im thinking of keeping this game going as Portsmouth are now really a Championship blank canvas. With £10 million available to spend and a big wage budget to fill it should be a good game to get them up and compete in the premiership.

Looking forward to the next one!!

Decided to finally purchase fm2011, should be arriving tomorrow which means ill be joining the next challenge which starts on the 1st feb?

also gj bfcbub, finishing with a balance of £10m and 12th in the league is sweet

heres how i done
managed to get the £10m but nothing else it cost me league position just missed out on the playoffs
Total = 100 points
100 – Financial Balance of £10,000,000+ - 100
30 – Winning the Championship - 0
20 – FA Cup Winners - 0
15 – Finishing in the top 6 of the Championship. - 0
10 – For scoring the most goals in the League. - 0

View attachment 128548

View attachment 128549

View attachment 128550

View attachment 128551

View attachment 128552

View attachment 128553

View attachment 128554

Last edited:
100 – Financial Balance of £10,000,000+ - 0
30 – Winning the Championship - 30
20 – FA Cup Winners - 0
15 – Finishing in the top 6 of the Championship. - 15
10 – For scoring the most goals in the League. - 10
View attachment 129753 View attachment 129754 View attachment 129755 View attachment 129757 View attachment 129758