The Managerial Challenge. FIRST CHALLENGE UP!

that's the competitions names changes

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

competition name changes!!

Wait, i got to the Knockout stages, so add 40 points to my score (H) Now i'm on 280

You do know this finishes tomoz? So i'd wait for the next challenge. ::p

Looking forward to see what the next challenge has in store for us :D

* 100 - Europa League Winner (75 Runner-Up, 60 Semi-Final, 50 Quarter Final, 40 Knockout Stages, 20 Group Stages) = 60
* 30 – Winning the Norwegian Premier Division. = __
* 20 – Norwegian Cup Winners. = __
* 5 – For every place above 11th Position. - 20
* 10 - Manager of the Year. = __
* 10 - For having a player in the Team of the Year. = 10
* 10 - One of your players is top scorer in the League. = __
* 10 - For conceding the least amount of goals in the League. = __
* 10 – For scoring the most goals in the League.no = _
* 10 – For every point gained in the Europa Group Stage = 120

Total points : 210

It will be up today, probably around 6'Oclock, give or take an hour.

The second challenge takes us to the more familiar nPower Championship. This will test not only your skill as a manager but your financial prudence too.

2zqagip.png

Team: Portsmouth FC
League: The nPower Championship

Portsmouth have been champions of England twice, in 1949 and 1950, and have won the FA Cup twice, most recently in 2008 when they beat Welsh side Cardiff City 1–0 in the final with Nwankwo Kanu scoring the only goal. In terms of trophies won, Portsmouth are historically the most successful southern English club outside of London.

Having established themselves in the top flight, the 1938–39 season saw Portsmouth reach their third FA Cup Final. This time the club managed to defeat the favourites, Wolves, convincingly 4–1. Bert Barlow and Jock Anderson scored whilst Cliff Parker scored twice (3rd and 4th) completed the famous victory. League football was again suspended due to World War II, meaning Pompey hold the unusual distinction of holding the FA Cup for the longest uninterrupted period as the trophy wasn't contested again until the 1945–46 season.

During the 2009-10 season it became apparent to the club's new owner Balram Chainrai that Portsmouth were approximately £135m in debt, so to protect the club from liquidation, Chainrai placed the club into administration on 26 February 2010, and the club appointed Andrew Andronikou, Peter Kubik and Michael Kiely of accountancy firm UHY Hacker Young as administrators.

Points System ( Please note: There are negative points for this Challenge)

* 100 – Financial Balance of £10,000,000+
* 30 – Winning the Championship
* 20 – FA Cup Winners
* 15 – League Cup Winners
* 15 – Finishing in the top 6 of the Championship.
* 10 - For conceding the least amount of goals in the League.
* 10 – For scoring the most goals in the League.
* -20 – For every £500,000 in negative debt.
* -50 – For being in the relegation zone.

Due to the club being in severe financial troubles, the most points will be available for your financial management; however points will still be up for grabs in the League.

Challenge Specific Rules

Leagues to load: England: Premiership, Championship and League 1.

Past Experience: Automatic.

You can NOT purchase players using the 12, 24, 36 month instalment function. (All money must be paid up front)

Obviously, software packages (FMRTE, Genie Scout, Etc.) are NOT to be used, however I am not able to monitor these, so I trust you to keep the game fun for everyone.

You will be allowed a Maximum of 20 saved games. (Exceptions can be made)

Tactics created by other uses are NOT permitted, you must use your own tactics.

Challenge Specific Screenshots

For any challenge you complete, i need to see a screenshot for proof. With every entry, I will need to see your transfers for that season, a screenshot of your financial summary at the end of the season and a screenshot of your saved games.

Please note, submit all your screenshots at the end of the season in the same post, this makes it easier for me to track your progress.

All entries must be submitted in this thread by 16.00 GMT on the 31st of January.

Good Luck. Any problems, post in this thread, I will check it when I can.

You may use this thread to discuss your progress with other players.

Last edited: