The Managerial Challenge. FIRST CHALLENGE UP!

i have had alot of success with this team on FM10. Should be easy :D

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:59 PM ----------

Hi, the club negotiated 250k after 20 apps. Is this okay, as I accepted, or should I not play him as it is kind of cheating.

Huh? You offered to pay 250k after 20 Apps? If so, no you cannot play him, sorry.

Points System Total = _40_

* 100 - Europa League Winner (75 Runner-Up, 60 Semi-Final, 50 Quarter Final, 40 Knockout Stages, 20 Group Stages) = _0_
* 30 – Winning the Norwegian Premier Division. = _0_
* 20 – Norwegian Cup Winners. = _20_
* 5 – For every place above 11th Position. - _0_
* 10 - Manager of the Year. = _0_
* 10 - For having a player in the Team of the Year. = _20_
* 10 - One of your players is top scorer in the League. = _0_
* 10 - For conceding the least amount of goals in the League. = _0_
* 10 – For scoring the most goals in the League.no = _0_
* 10 – For every point gained in the Europa Group Stage = _0_

Didn't get that many points, but atleast i won a cup. I couldn't find a 'team of the year' but i'm guessing you meant player of the year in ach position? Do you need any more screenshots?

Points System Total = _40_

* 100 - Europa League Winner (75 Runner-Up, 60 Semi-Final, 50 Quarter Final, 40 Knockout Stages, 20 Group Stages) = _0_
* 30 – Winning the Norwegian Premier Division. = _0_
* 20 – Norwegian Cup Winners. = _20_
* 5 – For every place above 11th Position. - _0_
* 10 - Manager of the Year. = _0_
* 10 - For having a player in the Team of the Year. = _20_
* 10 - One of your players is top scorer in the League. = _0_
* 10 - For conceding the least amount of goals in the League. = _0_
* 10 – For scoring the most goals in the League.no = _0_
* 10 – For every point gained in the Europa Group Stage = _0_

Didn't get that many points, but atleast i won a cup. I couldn't find a 'team of the year' but i'm guessing you meant player of the year in ach position? Do you need any more screenshots?

My bad, yeah people know what i'm getting at. Well done, i will add your points in.

As you can see from the screenshots, I had a superb domestic season winning the League and Cup double. Very poor performance in the Europa League, went out in the third qualifying round.

Points System Total = 130

* 100 - Europa League Winner (75 Runner-Up, 60 Semi-Final, 50 Quarter Final, 40 Knockout Stages, 20 Group Stages) = 0
* 30 – Winning the Norwegian Premier Division. = 30
* 20 – Norwegian Cup Winners. = 20
* 5 – For every place above 11th Position. – 50
* 10 - Manager of the Year. = 0 (Surprisingly!!)
* 10 - For having a player in the Team of the Year. = 20
* 10 - One of your players is top scorer in the League. = 0
* 10 - For conceding the least amount of goals in the League. = 10
* 10 – For scoring the most goals in the League.= 0
* 10 – For every point gained in the Europa Group Stage = 0

Cheers Sulsey,
Look forward to your next challenge.

As you can see from the screenshots, I had a superb domestic season winning the League and Cup double. Very poor performance in the Europa League, went out in the third qualifying round.

* 100 - Europa League Winner (75 Runner-Up, 60 Semi-Final, 50 Quarter Final, 40 Knockout Stages, 20 Group Stages) = 0

Cheers Sulsey,
Wow, well done on doing so good. i didnt even come close to winning the league and you won it easy ;) second best at the moment though so happy with that :p did you have a hard game in the euro cup qualifying round? just noticed you sold £8 million of players as well!!!

Wow, well done on doing so good. i didnt even come close to winning the league and you won it easy ;) second best at the moment though so happy with that :p did you have a hard game in the euro cup qualifying round? just noticed you sold £8 million of players as well!!!
Thanks Luke797. I didn't have a really tough draw in Europe it was Karpaty from Ukraine, I just had a few injuries and tired players and weren't able to perform. Regarding the transfers, the bulk of it came in at the end of the season - Anders Lindegaard to Man Utd and I sold Enar Jaager because he wouldn't sign a new contract. During the season I recived just over £2 million.

id love to join if possible. like the idea of the thread, and great work on the challenge:) im from norway and my familys from aalesund so love the challenge too:)

I'm in! Starting now! I should be able to get at least a few points!

I saw the bit about having to pay all transfers up front, so now paying over months and all, but are we allowed to loan players? Havent seen anyone do it in screenshots.

Last edited:

Cheers Sulsey,

Very well done, I'm impressed. Will add you to the leader board now. :)

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

id love to join if possible. like the idea of the thread, and great work on the challenge:) im from norway and my familys from aalesund so love the challenge too:)

Yes, I will add you in now buddy. Yeah, I thought it was a good first challenge. I've managed in Norway before and extremely enjoyed it. What is the game like over there? it seems ot be popular from the crowds.

Yes, you are allowed to loan players.

would love to join in if possible, would be a change from the usual English/Italian/Spanish leagues I usually play in

well if fm is what u meant by "the game" its really popular, mainly cuz norwegian teams after rosenborg 1990s have failed to do well in europe and a lot of people want to change it and bring success to our league:) interestingly many people seem to do completely the opposite of what is the typical style of football in in norway, which is really physical and not very technical, and insteand we create passing based tactics, fluid movement and such.
if it was football itself, we love it. due to the cold weather its limited how many will watch it in the stadiums, but we have really passonate supporters. fun fact is that norway is one of the only teams never to have lost again brazil:)

Last edited:
well if fm is what u meant by "the game" its really popular, mainly cuz norwegian teams after rosenborg 1990s have failed to do well in europe and a lot of people want to change it and bring success to our league:) interestingly many people seem to do completely the opposite of what is the typical style of football in in norway, which is really physical and not very technical, and insteand we create passing based tactics, fluid movement and such
yeah, i agree. i have virtually mastered their style of play on fm10, and have only changed my tactic a little bit. it has worked well and is very fluid with a good amount of passing. i was delighted when i saw this was the challenge :p

Also do we have to use are own tactics, as some people might use cheat tactics?

im sorry but i canny do it antmore cause schools started up and i have to prepare for my tests :(
i might join again l8r after them if that is ok