The Managerial Challenge. FIRST CHALLENGE UP!

well if fm is what u meant by "the game" its really popular, mainly cuz norwegian teams after rosenborg 1990s have failed to do well in europe and a lot of people want to change it and bring success to our league:) interestingly many people seem to do completely the opposite of what is the typical style of football in in norway, which is really physical and not very technical, and insteand we create passing based tactics, fluid movement and such.
if it was football itself, we love it. due to the cold weather its limited how many will watch it in the stadiums, but we have really passonate supporters. fun fact is that norway is one of the only teams never to have lost again brazil:)

Sounds very much like my style of League. I like fast pace games, really interest me. Sounds like the supporters are brilliant, certainly in football manager, the crowds are extremely good for a League of it's supposed "stature". A very interesting League. Not losing to Brazil is always a bonus!

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

yeah, i agree. i have virtually mastered their style of play on fm10, and have only changed my tactic a little bit. it has worked well and is very fluid with a good amount of passing. i was delighted when i saw this was the challenge :p

Also do we have to use are own tactics, as some people might use cheat tactics?

Didn't really think about this, good add-on though, I will add this in on the next challenge, cheers.

very tough game but i am finished it

Points System Total = 65

* 100 - Europa League Winner (75 Runner-Up, 60 Semi-Final, 50 Quarter Final, 40 Knockout Stages, 20 Group Stages) = 0
* 30 – Winning the Norwegian Premier Division. = 0
* 20 – Norwegian Cup Winners. = 20
* 5 – For every place above 11th Position. = 25
* 10 - Manager of the Year. = 0
* 10 - For having a player in the Team of the Year. = 20
* 10 - One of your players is top scorer in the League. = 0
* 10 - For conceding the least amount of goals in the League. = 0
* 10 – For scoring the most goals in the League.= 0
* 10 – For every point gained in the Europa Group Stage = 0

very tough game but i am finished it

Points System Total = 65

* 100 - Europa League Winner (75 Runner-Up, 60 Semi-Final, 50 Quarter Final, 40 Knockout Stages, 20 Group Stages) = 0
* 5 – For every place above 11th Position. = 25
* 10 - For having a player in the Team of the Year. = 20

Well done. I will add you into the scoreboard now.

PLEASE READ: Please could everyone put a screen shot of the amount of saved games, thankyou.

first official game= aalesund beats rosenborg 4-1 after penalties:) we actually had the match, the ball and the shots too so im quite please

Get a chance to got top by 2 points, and blow it!

Then I lose my next game when the team top lose theirs. Now the team second has a game in hand :'(

what kinda tactics are u playing? im going with a narrow 4-4-2 diamond, target man/poacher on top. i really recommend either andreas johansen or stian nikodemussen as poachers. both have 19 in finishing and cost like nothing

what kinda tactics are u playing? im going with a narrow 4-4-2 diamond, target man/poacher on top. i really recommend either andreas johansen or stian nikodemussen as poachers. both have 19 in finishing and cost like nothing
I am playing 4-1-1-2-2 and 4-5-1 for away. Its working well, except we have dropped recently. I lost to the team second bottom when I could have went top. as i said.

Currently in 13th may 2010, after winning 3-0 in the cup. I'm back! :S

I am playing 4-1-1-2-1 and 4-5-1 for away. Its working well, except we have dropped recently. I lost to the team second bottom when I could have went top. as i said.

Currently in 13th may 2010, after winning 3-0 in the cup. I'm back! :S

I would suggest playing a fast paced, fluid formation. Mainly because of the lack of quality in the league, which pace takes full advantage of.

I am playing very fluid, but have no pace in the side, so we rely on passing and moving :)

I am playing very fluid, but have no pace in the side, so we rely on passing and moving :)

Haha, kind of defeats the object of very fluid! Yeah, I suppose that could work, try and get some pace on free's? I think you should get some money in the next transfer window.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

first official game= aalesund beats rosenborg 4-1 after penalties:) we actually had the match, the ball and the shots too so im quite please

Well done. :)

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:34 PM ----------

would love to join in if possible, would be a change from the usual English/Italian/Spanish leagues I usually play in

I will add you in.

JakeHartlepool, I will add you in also.

Arhh. My chance to go top, and i concede a pen in 94 mins when it says 90+3mins!

This game wants me to fail :'(

I don't mind, I just beat Rosenborg on pens. I beat them 3 times in a row this season :D

Now i'm against second place side stabaek.

Plus the teams 1st and 2nd lost their games in hand :D

Last edited:
I got Levski in the Europa League :D I won first leg 2-0. Playing second leg now and exiting.

Points System Total = 70

* 5 – For every place above 11th Position. = 40
* 10 - For having a player in the Team of the Year. = 10