The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 232K
The City youth system is outstanding and I forgot there's another young English lad who is apparently even more talented than Foden forgot his name.

Edit: Just googled it McAtee lol.

He was running games from midfield last year, lots of comparisions to David Silva. Now they've pushed him forward and Palmer/Delap have moved to the first team squad, hes added goals by the bucket load.

Great to see the kids out on Tuesday, some great players.

Perfect performance.

Capture.PNG
image0.jpg

That’s what I thought. But there playing some absolutely cracking stuff atm.
Agreed but the lack of s clinical edge will bite them. They played PSG off the park but still lost and the same against us in the first half should've been out of sight. Aguero is a big miss for them.

Agreed but the lack of s clinical edge will bite them. They played PSG off the park but still lost and the same against us in the first half should've been out of sight. Aguero is a big miss for them.

As flat as we bizarrely were the first half Sunday, I honestly can't recall any side coming to Anfield and dominating to such an extent as City did from around 15 in through to HT since maybe Rafa's boss Valencia side way back when.

But as you noted, they never capitalised on that. (The De Bruyne header back stick the most shocking miss of all.).

It just reiterated again for me both how mad the Grealish purchase was for the absurd money when he neither significantly improves them to the outlay, and even Stevie Wonder could see a CF was what they needed. Which made Utd jumping and making sure Ronaldo wasn't at City the best transfer in decades as he was exactly what City need. Perish the thought of him just hanging around gobbling up all the chances City create. Hopefully, that slows them at times this year.

I think what Sunday showed in no uncertain terms though was that City and L'pool are still levels above the rest and they are the two anyone else has to aim to finish above. Absolutely elite-level game of togger between two elite teams.

Our personnel battle with City home and abroad is back with a vengeance this year after its two-year sabbatical.

The hatty/ top drawer third is good enough.

But playing in two quick games, and having no ego to step down from the PL to a superb 23’s performance is outstanding on the kid.