The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Point Mike. City's recruitment, knowing they've been building toward Guardiola, has left a lot to be desired. Like they spent so much time and effort adding the ornate centre piece to show off their house without putting the foundations in first.

Been a little surprised personally that he's not dipped into the youth well more this year given his previous at having no problem promoting the top kids. There's a couple of Spanish FB's that have been seemingly knocking on the door for a few years now. Maffeo , who I think played against Utd the Lge Cup? (Might of been Europe. Early season anyway); and Angelino who they loaned out to the MLS the other year to aid his development/ experience. Both look terrific (particularly the LB Angelino) at U-23 level. Think they're both 19 but don't quote me. Maybe they aren't deemed ready to step up yet, but I've been real surprised being Pep and liking quality youth he's not looked at them more in Cup games at least rather than switching senior players positions round to compensate the slim pickings he has the flanks this year.
To much pressure imo. At Barca and Bayern he could squeeze through a few youngsters in the league, while still being dominant. Doesn't have that luxury at City ATM.

Oh, I don't know about that. Guardiola's completely his own man. If he wanted to do something, he'd do it. I don't think he cares about what anyone else would think. His pressure is what he puts on himself. Outside views are just white noise to him. As he repeatedly shows with his disdain for the same, repetitive, stupid media questions.

Yeah, it's a results business ultimately and they'll come a time the owners will start asking questions naturally if it's as inconsistent in future seasons. But I don't see Pep as the sort of fella' that would feel under pressure to not do something he wanted/ believed in. Strikes me as someone who'd walk before that.

I just think he honestly believes he's seen something in Fernandinho for instance that he can move him around and play him in different positions that's a better option right now.

I don't fully get it but then I'm not arguing with Guardiola after all he's achieved.

If he can fix the defence and CM in the summer and keep Gundogan/Kompany fit next season they'll be pretty scary next season I think. Those few matches when they went Sterling Sane and Jesus up front they looked amazing then you also have Aguero to throw in the mix who guarantees goals. Key summer for City really recruitment wise will be interesting to see what they do and who they bring in

If he can fix the defence and CM in the summer and keep Gundogan/Kompany fit next season they'll be pretty scary next season I think. Those few matches when they went Sterling Sane and Jesus up front they looked amazing then you also have Aguero to throw in the mix who guarantees goals. Key summer for City really recruitment wise will be interesting to see what they do and who they bring in

And if he can stop tinkering. Their CM was dreadful last night because it was basically just Fernandinho. Despite KdB playing well in a deeper role for most of the season, he was moved up in this game and it left them too stacked at the top with no transition and no shield for the defence. Moved him back in the second half and suddenly they seemed to have more of a grip on the game.

I like Pep and his experimentations, but he reminds me so much of Heston Blumenthal. When it works, you get this and he's a genius but often he'll overcomplicate and miss the intrinsic value of things, just for that quest to always be better.

I gotta say, the managerial situation in both Manchester clubs is some seriously weird ****. United would have much better fit in Guardiola, and City would have much better fit in Mourinho. Instead both clubs are gonna end up spending probably north for 300-400 million for a full rebuild tuned to the needs of each manager.

Its was ever gonna be this season, the best cb is injured and prob done. Both fullbacks were already done, He has a new keeper (ish, Bravo is gash) and is constantly changing from a 3 to a 4, as well as the personnel game to game.

The defence has really only had Stones added to it, and is in constant flux game to game.

I'm just here for the Juego de Position jokes.

I'm loving these tbh.

City players running in treacle atm. De Bruyne has been dissapionting again.

How Liverpool havent punished them further I dont know. Can running past Toure there, looks lke he can hardly believe it, didnt know what to do with it.

Back