The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Great win vs Napoli no doubt, but I can't believe some of the ***** we are subjected to by so called pundits these days.

Craig Bellamy, claiming that winning vs Napoli was more impressive than Spurs beating Madrid. I'm sorry but Spurs had the far more impressive result!

Napoli are a class act, and probably would've caused Spurs more problems than Madrid did. Two class results, but this is definitely the time you want to be playing Madrid to cement a famous win.

Napoli are a class act, and probably would've caused Spurs more problems than Madrid did. Two class results, but this is definitely the time you want to be playing Madrid to cement a famous win.

Napoli are undoubtedly a great team and scoring 4 against them is an achievement in itself.

But beating Madrid is a world statement, no matter how they are playing, it's a sign that English teams are capable of beating the best and may dominate the CL like we did several years ago. Arguably Madrid are not the best as it stands right now, but I honestly can't even remember the last time an English side beat Madrid.

Napoli are undoubtedly a great team and scoring 4 against them is an achievement in itself.

But beating Madrid is a world statement, no matter how they are playing, it's a sign that English teams are capable of beating the best and may dominate the CL like we did several years ago. Arguably Madrid are not the best as it stands right now, but I honestly can't even remember the last time an English side beat Madrid.

No doubt it was a superb result for Spurs, and the PL, but I think we need to look at the bigger picture rather than a black & white mindset of "Tottenham beat the best team in the world, WOW, it doesn't top that" - Great, fantastic, but so have Girona & Real Betis lately.

Trying my best not to take anything away from the result, but I can see how one might think the Napoli away win was just as good in this current moment of time.

No doubt it was a superb result for Spurs, and the PL, but I think we need to look at the bigger picture rather than a black & white mindset of "Tottenham beat the best team in the world, WOW, it doesn't top that" - Great, fantastic, but so have Girona & Real Betis lately.

Trying my best not to take anything away from the result, but I can see how one might think the Napoli away win was just as good in this current moment of time.

Both great results regardless.

I'm still kind of waiting until after this next international break, when that big run of congested winterly fixtures comes to truly judge City this season. As that's when they struggled last season.

******* **** City are getting some rub of the green in regards to officials so far this season XD

Suprised at the offside **** knows how the linesman didnt see it... ******* terrible call.

Yep. But was poor by Arsenal players to not play to the whistle too tbf

Yep. But was poor by Arsenal players to not play to the whistle too tbf

Yeah, the linesman is clearly ball watching in the replay.. play to the whistle is one of the first things taught.

A few better final ball passes from Sterling in the 1st, and KDB in the 2nd, and we bag 5. Meh, we only look troubled when we get complacent/sloppy at the min rather than being beaten by better, so i'll take it

Suprised at the offside **** knows how the linesman didnt see it... ******* terrible call.

I'm not surprised at all in all fairness. It's one the reasons I've hardly been watching any of this season. Some of the officiating in matches has been beyond disgraceful

VERY dubious penalty too. Two very fortuitous decisions.

That said, Arsenal losing by a two-goal margin bumping L'pool up a place I aren't going to complain about.

VERY dubious penalty too. Two very fortuitous decisions.

That said, Arsenal losing by a two-goal margin bumping L'pool up a place I aren't going to complain about.

Yeah, the offside was laughably bad, we could have had a pen on the first for the push so i'll let the challenge slide, my first thought was yes, replays meh prob not.

Manchester City youngster Sinan Bytyqi has had to retire from football aged 22 due to a heart condition and has been appointed as a loan scout for the club.

Gutted for the lad, decent player

Manchester City youngster Sinan Bytyqi has had to retire from football aged 22 due to a heart condition and has been appointed as a loan scout for the club.

Poor bloke, good on the club for keeping him involved and giving him a chance to stay in football though

Think Carrick should do the same now after his heart problems and his age. Not worth the risk playing on. Shame really. No age for both of them!

Gone all in and double captained Augero in fantasy this week.

So if he can find it within himself to score say 7, it'd be greatly appreciated. :)

Gone all in and double captained Augero in fantasy this week.

So if he can find it within himself to score say 7, it'd be greatly appreciated. :)

I think he'll be on the pitch now, but i'll give him a bell, leave a VM

Not quite sure how City are trailing here.

Get the feeling they get one, Town will collapse. But a heck of a day for them at HT at least.

Not quite sure how City are trailing here.

Get the feeling they get one, Town will collapse. But a heck of a day for them at HT at least.

Another ****** deflection at HT past the keeper, same as Stoke. We should be at least 2 clear by now.. snatched at too many.

Back