The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Just reading it. What an absolute ****.

Professional footballers complaining about a different ball. Give me strength.

City have a full-size pitch for every age level their Academy/ training complex. How about, I don't know, having a set of different football's for every different competition to practice with if it's such an issue?

Seriously. Ball's a ball. You're (allegedly) 'professionals' paid to work with them. Mollycoddled, delusional idiots.

****** ****. Remember playing with a brown proper leather football my grandad gave me from when he was a kid, with proper stitching the lot. When I will as about 6. Couldn’t kick it more than 10 yrds in my ****** plastic Gola boots, without nearly breaking my big toe :))))) never dared to try header it :)

Just reading it. What an absolute ****.

Professional footballers complaining about a different ball. Give me strength.

City have a full-size pitch for every age level their Academy/ training complex. How about, I don't know, having a set of different football's for every different competition to practice with if it's such an issue?

Seriously. Ball's a ball. You're (allegedly) 'professionals' paid to work with them. Mollycoddled, delusional idiots.

There we go. :P

Leather balls were a ******* nightmare. I've had one from my old man. When it was raining the **** thing was soaking water like a sponge and after 15 minutes it would become so heavy you could break your toes on it. Maddenning.

Even more maddening that I would play with rain on regular basis. Oh to be young again.

Leather balls were a ******* nightmare. I've had one from my old man. When it was raining the **** thing was soaking water like a sponge and after 15 minutes it would become so heavy you could break your toes on it. Maddenning.

Even more maddening that I would play with rain on regular basis. Oh to be young again.
Them were the days. Using my grandads garden gloves or mums Marigolds for GK gloves :))))

Them were the days. Using my grandads garden gloves or mums Marigolds for GK gloves :))))

God **** kids don't know how good they have it nowadays. I would drive two buses through half of town to play on a pile of dirt with goals made out of backpacks.

Meanwhile, our government build 1500 community fields all over the country to promote fitness, they have artificial grass, lightning, nice fences, real goals and everything. Guess who plays on them? Schedule is 99% booked by people my age who still love football even though knees no longer work the way they used to.

Meanwhile kids are sitting on their fat ***** at home playing PS4. Mad.

Last edited:
God **** kids don't know how good they have it nowadays. I would drive two buses through half of town to play on a pile of dirt with goals made out of backpacks.

Meanwhile, our government build 1500 community fields all over the country to promote fitness, they have artificial grass, lightening, nice fences, real goals and everything. Guess who plays on them? Schedule is 99% booked by people my age who still love football even though knees no longer work the way they used to.

Meanwhile kids are sitting on their fat ***** at home playing PS4. Mad.
i was kinda lucky had a field outside the front garden the only problem was it had 2 trees in the middle of it you had to play around :( yeah use to use a couple of tops for goals.

I wonder if Pep would have complained about the ball if City had won by 3-4 goals in actual game time and not on penalties? Sounds to me like he was covering up for the fact his team selection wasn't spot on last night and that he couldn't accept that a team in a lower league could actually match his team on the night.

That Raheem Sterling kid can play a bit eh

Puts him on 10 for the season i think. Goals all over the park at the minute.

Kun on 9
Jesus on 8
Sane on 8

Stones on 3 (all in the CL, level with Messi lol)
Otamendi on 3

Puts him on 10 for the season i think. Goals all over the park at the minute.

Kun on 9
Jesus on 8
Sane on 8

Stones on 3 (all in the CL, level with Messi lol)
Otamendi on 3

Yeah top scorer with 10 he is starting to improve his potential it seems and still yet to hit his peak

Yeah top scorer with 10 he is starting to improve his potential it seems and still yet to hit his peak

Hes improved year on year for us really, his decisions making out wide, and finishing has hit a new level under Pep. Nearly every player looks better under him, not just those he's bought

S1 - Played 47, scored 11, made 10
S2 - Played 47, scored 10, made 21
S3 - Played 14, scored 9, made 2

Sterling, Sane Jesus all 22 or under.
Stones/Bernardo/Mendy @ 23
Ederson @ 24
De Bruyne @ 26
Walker @ 27

The potential of the team is right up there at the min, from having the oldest squad in the league under Pellegrini/Mancini

Last edited:
How fun must it be to be a forward in a full flowing Pep Guardiola team though?

I think I might get close to double figures lol.

Joking aside, he's developed Sterling well. If current crop of English players do anything significant at the WC (which I wouldn't hold my breath to), Poch & Pep need a mentioning as you'd be looking at your Dele Alli's, Harry Kane's, Harry Winks', Raheem Sterling's, Kyle Walker's etc. who have been brilliantly educated tactically by those pair, to be the core.

Great win vs Napoli no doubt, but I can't believe some of the ***** we are subjected to by so called pundits these days.

Craig Bellamy, claiming that winning vs Napoli was more impressive than Spurs beating Madrid. I'm sorry but Spurs had the far more impressive result!

Back