The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Now that Huddersfield have the lead, here's hoping they're as dogged as they were vs us. Man that was one tough ******* deep block.

I understand City under Pep are better built to break down these types of approaches, but one can hope!

Huddersfield shot on target = 0.

ffs.
edit: GREAT free kick, unlucky from Sane.

Last edited:
Records keep tumbling all over the place but these aren't one of the best sides to this point in PL history?

People sure do have different standards than I.

Frustrating thing is there's been numerous occasions now where City could've dropped points this season (as in the opposition have deserved something from it), but they keep stumbling over the line. They keep finding a ******* way. Not sure whether to say 'Fair play, that's what champs do' or cry.

Reminds me of us, in our peak, I think that's why it ******* hurts

On a side note, Sterling has scored winning goals that has left you 6 points better off this season (tonight, West Brom & Bournemouth) that's not looking into it too much, he may have even assisted other key goals too in other games.

Point is, he's a difference maker these days. Came on leaps & bounds under Pep

Frustrating thing is there's been numerous occasions now where City could've dropped points this season (as in the opposition have deserved something from it), but they keep stumbling over the line. They keep finding a ******* way. Not sure whether to say 'Fair play, that's what champs do' or cry.

Reminds me of us, in our peak, I think that's why it ******* hurts

The luck will surely run out at some point I suppose.

Huddersfield did get something the deserved out of the game, a goal from 0 shots on target.

City XI | Ederson, Delph, Kompany (c), Otamendi, Walker, Fernandinho, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero
Subs | Bravo, Danilo, Mangala, Bernardo, Silva, Zinchenko, Diaz

442 with kids on the bench... Vintage Fergie... G'on Pep :p

Have little hope of Southampton doing anything against you tonight, I mean if we were talking about a few seasons ago under Pochettino or Claude Puel then maybe.

Byt this manager they have atm seem a bit gash and Southampton have looked pretty poor.

Without being biased... Southampton could of scored at the very least 2 or 3. Obviously City have had their moments.

The Pep philosophy has certainly improved this year, but I think it's plain to see that the defence is still very suspect... when teams can get at it. The latter part being the important thing here.

Still, City being City, I expect them to win this one. That's how the run of luck is rolling atm!

Only really at setpieces, the team lacks height outside of the CB's. standard for a Pep side.

You seen much of this Inigo Martinez were linked with for Jan?

Not really, I have seen him a few times but not enough to comment. I don't watch Spanish football that much but I think there are others on here who can offer an opinion.

Tidy left footed ball player. Not super amazing in the air though. But rest of his game is really good.

Standard Pep Centre half then... id fancy a big ******* who can play to change things up, but anyone over Mangala.

One thing you will get from Martinez is out of nowhere clangers and loss of concentration during matches. Wouldn’t be a bad signing. But defo not pushed on from the earlier hype. Good defender prone to brain farts.

One thing you will get from Martinez is out of nowhere clangers and loss of concentration during matches. Wouldn’t be a bad signing. But defo not pushed on from the earlier hype. Good defender prone to brain farts.

Papers are in a daily rotation of Martinez, Mangala staying and VVD, i presume it'll be Mangala with Stone due bak Jan ish anyway,

Back