The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 232K
Crazy that he was just 20 when joining City.
1657711624875.png

Crazy that he was just 20 when joining City.
View attachment 594523

Still can't believe he's going to Chelsea.

I mean I'm made up he's leaving City. I think people are underestimating the loss he and Jesus will be on that squad over the course of a season. They were different within that group who'd the rapid pace to get in behind. And I get it from a football standpoint. City and L'pool aren't on the table to him so you look at the next batch down. Which is Tottenham or Chelsea right now. At least he gets to compete in the CL and have a chance of winning cups.

But for all the great stuff he's done combating racism, to then sign for a club who's fanbase not only revels in being as right wing ultra racist as they come, but who had fans jailed for racially abusing the player himself, it's a strange and disappointing move.

Last edited:
Am I seeing things, or are city having a friendly match, 3 days before a league game?

If I see pep complaining about fixture congestion :rolleyes:

Yeah I don't know what's up with that, why have friendly well into the season lol.

Well, in form Trent's in, even Wan Bissaka should be ahead of him.

That isn’t open to debate. Tuesday aside, he’s been utter ***** this season along with everyone else.

But that isn’t the issue with Southgate. F, he plays Shaw and Maguire who don’t even play for Utd so his bollocks about players in form is just that.

Only the archaic English, insular, ***-backward way of thinking wouldn’t have a clue how to utilise the best right sided playmaker in World football. There only answer being to try play him in the congested midfield area like they tried to F Beckham and countless others before him up with.

They do it with every World class talented playmaker they have. Barely played Hoddle when they should have built a team around him. Le Tissier got what, one cap? Barnes was isolated on the left and hung out to dry in front of the English racists. ****, Robson nearly didn’t take Gascoigne in 1990. It was only the last friendly he finally bowed to what every man and his dog could see in Gaza. They tried to F up Beckham by moving him inside. You can go further back and super talented players like Frank Worthington and Colin Bell barely got a look in. And on and on. The English just don’t have a clue what to do with super talented playmakers. They have to bracket players into boxes. A full back defends. A winger attacks. Having a lad running games from right full confuses the living **** out of them.

I mean its great for us that he barely plays. But its a complete joke and to Englands detriment he doesn’t. He’d be well on the way toward 100 caps already for Brazil or any half competent International Nation.

That isn’t open to debate. Tuesday aside, he’s been utter ***** this season along with everyone else.

But that isn’t the issue with Southgate. F, he plays Shaw and Maguire who don’t even play for Utd so his bollocks about players in form is just that.

Only the archaic English, insular, ***-backward way of thinking wouldn’t have a clue how to utilise the best right sided playmaker in World football. There only answer being to try play him in the congested midfield area like they tried to F Beckham and countless others before him up with.

They do it with every World class talented playmaker they have. Barely played Hoddle when they should have built a team around him. Le Tissier got what, one cap? Barnes was isolated on the left and hung out to dry in front of the English racists. ****, Robson nearly didn’t take Gascoigne in 1990. It was only the last friendly he finally bowed to what every man and his dog could see in Gaza. They tried to F up Beckham by moving him inside. You can go further back and super talented players like Frank Worthington and Colin Bell barely got a look in. And on and on. The English just don’t have a clue what to do with super talented playmakers. They have to bracket players into boxes. A full back defends. A winger attacks. Having a lad running games from right full confuses the living **** out of them.

I mean its great for us that he barely plays. But its a complete joke and to Englands detriment he doesn’t. He’d be well on the way toward 100 caps already for Brazil or any half competent International Nation.
Twas a half arsed joke, I'd still take TAA because he offers something not many fullbacks do. Fantastic creativity and (more then a) occassional goalscoring threat.

And don't know if you noticed any United game where Old Trafford chants 'Argentina, Argentina'? They also have their fair share of England NT displease.