The Manchester United Thread

Yeh... not comments you should openly talk about... way to go to get prices higher for players.

Actually plenty of people have bigged up Woody after that MUTV interview, but to my mind his comments on finances and transfer budget, transfer records etc were just naive and puts more pressure when it's not needed.

I'm sick of all the talk without Woodward delivering... like him also saying he doesn't want to see top players going to Spain... well what have we done about it?

He's just trying to prove to us that this season will be different to last.
Vidal is just a hyped up story.... virtually every reliable journalist connected with United and Juventus say it isn't happening.

You know they are basing it off mistranslated quotes right?

I'm obviously happy to have LVG as manager.... but don't you realise still the same problems are still here unless we drastically improve? Herrera can't carry our midfield for a season. Defence, wide players are weak. (Obviously LVG may have negated the need for wide players thanks to his formation, but still... the options are always nice to have, which we don't). Like I mentioned if Herrera gets injured.. we're back to a very bad midfield.

I understand that. But I also understand Woodward cant just click his finger and buy players. IT takes time.

I'm wondering where does Januzaj fit in the new system. He can hardly play as wingback, and as #10 he'd be behind Mata and Kagawa. Would be a shame to see him rot on bench entire season.

I for one am looking forward to this season, this time last year I was nervous but I'm feeling a LOT more optimistic this time around. Yeas we do need more players but we have already mad big improvements and LVG coming in can turn some of our present players into what will feel like new signings.

Ashley Young scored twice for christs sake. And assisted too. In the same game.
Not sure thats a good thing for us though, we don't want him to actually impress LVG.

I'm wondering where does Januzaj fit in the new system. He can hardly play as wingback, and as #10 he'd be behind Mata and Kagawa. Would be a shame to see him rot on bench entire season.

Think LVG will get him minutes for sure. Too good to be loaned out for me, but obviously won't be first choice. But he shouldn't be. He's 19.

I have a feeling that LVG might be playing Kagawa in some other positions instead of number 10.

You and Vanjagl always add nothing to this forum with these type of comments, so if my opinion may be exaggerated or wrong in your opinion... at least put some positive input into this forum rather than comments like this which add nothing.
One would consider it a spam bud. Why would I return to something that is done and dusted at least 10 times? You want my opinion on something, then ask me. When someone is having a meltdown, I'll laugh. Not because I hate that guy, it's because he's overreacting over nothing.

One would consider it a spam bud. Why would I return to something that is done and dusted at least 10 times? You want my opinion on something, then ask me. When someone is having a meltdown, I'll laugh. Not because I hate that guy, it's because he's overreacting over nothing.

I can understand sometimes I come across as over-exaggerating and a bit mental. But at the end of the day, it is quite depressing when the CEO Ed Woodward keeps saying we can buy big players but have only delivered a wonderkid and someone who bought out his contract... I'm a big fan of Herrera don't get me wrong, I just feel it's a lot of expectation on him to deliver for our dire midfield.

Also I'd argue we're not necessarily in a stronger position at the moment, we've signed Herrera but Carrick will be out injured. We've lost Rio and Vidic so our defence is very limited, we have Shaw but have lost Evra. If anything it's rather similar but just less numbers at CB.

I swear you or someone else asked this a few days ago, but anyway, I think his best chance is as striker, he did play there before in U21's/Reserves few seasons back and done very well.

not really that bummed we might not get Vidal if it means we get a more defensive minded mid. Don't get me wrong would love to see Vidal in red but a Vidal herrera midfield seems unbalanced to me, think Gerrard-Lampard.

not really that bummed we might not get Vidal if it means we get a more defensive minded mid. Don't get me wrong would love to see Vidal in red but a Vidal herrera midfield seems unbalanced to me, think Gerrard-Lampard.

I agree with this, Herrera is like a box to box and so is Vidal. Ok people say Vidal can play the role of a dynamic enforcer who screens the back four, but not so sure he's the best option there.

I'd quite happily take De Jong for this season until Strootman (hopefully) arrives sometime.

I can understand sometimes I come across as over-exaggerating and a bit mental. But at the end of the day, it is quite depressing when the CEO Ed Woodward keeps saying we can buy big players but have only delivered a wonderkid and someone who bought out his contract... I'm a big fan of Herrera don't get me wrong, I just feel it's a lot of expectation on him to deliver for our dire midfield.

Also I'd argue we're not necessarily in a stronger position at the moment, we've signed Herrera but Carrick will be out injured. We've lost Rio and Vidic so our defence is very limited, we have Shaw but have lost Evra. If anything it's rather similar but just less numbers at CB.

Situation is not perfect, but its far from doom. Van Gaal wants to see what he's got, and then make signings. You can't blame Woodward or even van Gaal for that. He has every right to do that.

The season doesn't start for three weeks, the window doesn't close for six. Just be patient.

too true mate now if at the end of this window and we have still only got them 2 in then zzeezy you can go as nuts as you like but lets keep the faith and see what happens

Re Januzaj, he's going to be second choice behind mata. LVG played kagawa at CM. I suspect he will look to adapt or sell him. But not yet. Zzeezzy. The reason we are not rushing is because he wants to see if the 3-4-1-2 will work. Because it changes the kind of players you sign and keep/sell a little. He wants to play that and 4-3-3. But if he were to scrap the 3-4-1-2 as play, say 4-2-3-1, the type of players needed change.

So press conference confirms we are actively monitoring Strootman. But likely not to move till Jan.

I agree with this, Herrera is like a box to box and so is Vidal. Ok people say Vidal can play the role of a dynamic enforcer who screens the back four, but not so sure he's the best option there.

I'd quite happily take De Jong for this season until Strootman (hopefully) arrives sometime.
Agree, Vidal's talents might be limited playing that role. In fact, we don't even need someone great to partner Herrera, he just needs to be a tidy midfielder that is good at shielding the back three (I'm not used to this lol), someone like Fletcher before he was struck down by an illness.

Back