The Manchester United Thread

Well Vidal just landed from his flight and the reporter was hounding him asking for answers, of course he wouldn't be giving him his actual answer.

Yeah.

"I am on my holidays," he told Sky Sports Italia. "I don't know if I am staying at Juventus at the moment. I have not spoken to Allegri or my team-mates yet. On Monday I will speak to the manager [Massimiliano Allegri] and then we will see. I am happy here and I am calm at the moment and I think that the fans of Juventus should be as well."

He was then asked whether he would be joining Manchester United. He laughed and said: "No, no."

Arturo Vidal says he will not be joining Manchester United from Juventus | Football | theguardian.com

Vidal isn't coming, not even on our radar it seems anymore and has to returned Turin for pre-season with Juventus.

Think a lot of these stories came from twitter and over-hype spreading them.

Disappointed with our transfer window so far, not looking much else is available midfield wise to improve the situation either.

Andy Mitten says Van Gaal has pulled the plug on the Vidal deal.

This is why Woodward shouldn't say all these things without having something BIG 100% done. Now we just look like fools if nothing good happens, we've got Herrera who bought out his own contract to be with us (not hard) and Shaw which has been happening since January.

If Herrera gets injured... we're screwed (that's all our creativity from a deeper midfield position gone), the defence is very weak at the moment as well.

Woodward doesn't deserved to be bigged up at all IMO, he hasn't done anything real impressive.

FFS guys get a grip no one knows who the **** we are signing, to many people on here believe journos and ITK bullshitters, calm the **** down jesus. Just be patient FFS when we sign or are close to signing someone the club will let us know nobody else!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vidal isn't coming, not even on our radar it seems anymore and has to returned Turin for pre-season with Juventus.

Think a lot of these stories came from twitter and over-hype spreading them.

Disappointed with our transfer window so far, not looking much else is available midfield wise to improve the situation either.

Oh no. He returned to Turin for pre-season? That's a sure sign that he isn't going to transfer. Hence why this is a very very quiet window and nobody has transferred because they all went back to their clubs for pre-season training.

This is why Woodward shouldn't say all these things without having something BIG 100% done. Now we just look like fools if nothing good happens, we've got Herrera who bought out his own contract to be with us (not hard) and Shaw which has been happening since January.

If Herrera gets injured... we're screwed (that's all our creativity from a deeper midfield position gone), the defence is very weak at the moment as well.

Woodward doesn't deserved to be bigged up at all IMO, he hasn't done anything real impressive.

Woodward said that we have a big transfer kitty, and that we can break records. What's wrong with that? Just because we have the money, and we can break the records, doesn't mean we will. There are other factors, like teams not wanting to sell maybe.

nobody has "bigged" up Woodward. We are just excited about a new manager that seems to know what he's doing, and the fact that we have a big transfer kitty. I don't know how anyone in the same position as Woodward for another club can do anything impressive unless they get a top player for free or something.

Oh no. He returned to Turin for pre-season? That's a sure sign that he isn't going to transfer. Hence why this is a very very quiet window and nobody has transferred because they all went back to their clubs for pre-season training.

Woodward said that we have a big transfer kitty, and that we can break records. What's wrong with that? Just because we have the money, and we can break the records, doesn't mean we will. There are other factors, like teams not wanting to sell maybe.

nobody has "bigged" up Woodward. We are just excited about a new manager that seems to know what he's doing, and the fact that we have a big transfer kitty. I don't know how anyone in the same position as Woodward for another club can do anything impressive unless they get a top player for free or something.

Yeh... not comments you should openly talk about... way to go to get prices higher for players.

Actually plenty of people have bigged up Woody after that MUTV interview, but to my mind his comments on finances and transfer budget, transfer records etc were just naive and puts more pressure when it's not needed.

I'm sick of all the talk without Woodward delivering... like him also saying he doesn't want to see top players going to Spain... well what have we done about it?

Vidal is just a hyped up story.... virtually every reliable journalist connected with United and Juventus say it isn't happening.

I'm obviously happy to have LVG as manager.... but don't you realise still the same problems are still here unless we drastically improve? Herrera can't carry our midfield for a season. Defence, wide players are weak. (Obviously LVG may have negated the need for wide players thanks to his formation, but still... the options are always nice to have, which we don't). Like I mentioned if Herrera gets injured.. we're back to a very bad midfield.

**** it its all down hill from here #lvg and woody out all hail zzeezzy

You and Vanjagl always add nothing to this forum with these type of comments, so if my opinion may be exaggerated or wrong in your opinion... at least put some positive input into this forum rather than comments like this which add nothing.

You and Vanjagl always add nothing to this forum with these type of comments, so if my opinion may be exaggerated or wrong in your opinion... at least put some positive input into this forum rather than comments like this which add nothing.
well nither do you cos all you do is cry that we are not geting player x or y when you have no clue what is going off just like the rest of us so chill go have a lie down in a dark room somewhere some thing is going to happen then if not lvg must be happy with things is that ok for you

well nither do you cos all you do is cry that we are not geting player x or y when you have no clue what is going off just like the rest of us so chill go have a lie down in a dark room somewhere some thing is going to happen then if not lvg must be happy with things is that ok for you

A) I'm not crying about it at all.

B) The squad is very weak and we can't afford to keep going into crucial seasons like it is... it's called being concerned as a fan.

C) Woodward keep making comments about how big we are and how good we are financially means **** all if we don't sign players. Infact it makes us looks worse than we already did, he did the same last summer and was part of the problem along with Moyes.

D) LVG can't be happy with this squad because he has already said after ONE pre-season game that the squad lacks balance and has four no.10's. If he was happy why would he make comments like that?

well thay will be working on something then if he not happy hes just not going to leave it like it is if hes not just need to keep the faith

Comments from Woody were good imo he wanted to come across as the opposite of what fans thought he was like, we he did and came across as a down to earth guy who loves the club and cares about how we do.

He was not being naïve, just wanted to give an honest interview. You cant say he has not delivered the window is not closed yet. No one if Vidal is story or not, no journo is reliable all the time maybe we have learnt lessons from last time.

If it was not for Woody we would not have LVG as a manager it was his choice. The same problems are not here coz we have strengthened CM and have quality LB. The window is still open so you cant say that Herrera getting injured will make us weaker coz we might sign somebody else. At the end of the day everyone is guessing to what we will do in this window, we just have to be patient and stop bashing everyone dealing with transfers.

Not even Liverpool fans think as badly of our squad as zzeezzy.

Think we need to be patient. Van gaal did say that he would look at the current players for 2/3 weeks before making any moves. He's also said we are short at the back. Players will arrive in time. Don't think vidal will happen, more likely he's waiting to see how strootman is before deciding what midfielder to sign. Also think we will get blind,vermaelen and either de vrij or vlaar. Would personally love it if we got clasie as he looked very good at wc.

Back