The Manchester United Thread

German outlet Sport1 reporting that Bayern Munich have pulled out of negotiations with Mehdi Benatia due to his high demands. Benatia reportedly asking for €4M per year (net) and a five year contract, which Bayern aren't willing to offer at this stage.

Even Bayern have pulled out for Benatia as well.. due to not being able to meet his salary... no excuses Woodward whatsoever.

Even Bayern have pulled out for Benatia as well.. due to not being able to meet his salary... no excuses Woodward whatsoever.

We've apparently never been interested so that's a pretty valid excuse tbh.

El Mercurio are reporting that Juventus have rejected a bid of $53M (£51M) + Javier Hernandez for Vidal.

We've apparently never been interested so that's a pretty valid excuse tbh.

El Mercurio are reporting that Juventus have rejected a bid of $53M (£51M) + Javier Hernandez for Vidal.

El Mercurio post something new every week about Vidal, swear they've mentioned him having medicals before now.

Anyway, Benatia is a top-class CB, unless we sign one, there is no reason why we're not in for him other than expense.

Also Di Maria + Khedira are available, Woody claims there is no fixed budget, so why can't we pay the prices for these players? He can't do the talking and then not deliver, the Rojo signing is just nothing in comparison to what we need. It solves a bit of depth issues at the back but we still have obvious weaknesses which need solving.

Don't understand it at all....

Or maybe just rumours. They were floating around that Welbeck wanted to leave earlier too.. I'm a fan of Chicharito, but I'd rather sell him than Welbeck. We already have RvP and Rooney for clinical finishing, but Welbeck also offers us linking play, he definitely has a lot of stamina.

Makes even less sense if we take the supposed new Vidal offer into consideration. For a formation which uses two striker, you can't have just two recognised first team strikers, along with a (albeit brilliant) youth prospect..

seems Adrien Rabiot is available at P.S.G due to him being disillusioned at first team chances. Has one year left on his contract, feels almost Pogba esque. We could move for him.

seems Adrien Rabiot is available at P.S.G due to him being disillusioned at first team chances. Has one year left on his contract, feels almost Pogba esque. We could move for him.

PSG have priced him at 30m euros

Even Daniel Taylor is saying Welbeck can leave.... what the ****... we can't let him go without bringing someone else in. He needs to stay ahead of Chicharito anyway.

Or maybe just rumours. They were floating around that Welbeck wanted to leave earlier too.. I'm a fan of Chicharito, but I'd rather sell him than Welbeck. We already have RvP and Rooney for clinical finishing, but Welbeck also offers us linking play, he definitely has a lot of stamina.

Yup. Welbeck also offers more depth as he can play anywhere in the attacking mid trio. That always helps.

If Welbeck's leaving, must mean someone else is coming in soon.

In more than likely unrelated news;

Cadena Cope reporting that Angel Di Maria has been left out of the squad to face Atletico Madrid tonight as he is getting closer to a move away.

Manchester bound?

In more than likely unrelated news;

Cadena Cope reporting that Angel Di Maria has been left out of the squad to face Atletico Madrid tonight as he is getting closer to a move away.

Manchester bound?

Plus with the fact that Laurent Blanc has said "Paris Saint Germain cannot do what we want. It's a difficult case." I really hope we get him now

If Chelsea can some how get rid of Torres this summer by transfer or loan i actually wouldn't mind having Welbeck.

Back